IGNORED

England Vs India Test Series

Monkeh

So we lose the toss and having a bowl, looks like jimmy is still woeful at the moment I hope he finds his line and length soon,

What do people think of Jordan being dropped for Stokes, I think its slightly harsh but fully understandable,

IMO if cook fails to score with the bat again then his postion as captain has to be removed,

those not watching the match, the pitch is flatter then the atmosphere at the mem, 2 good wickets taken one bit of magic by jimmy followed by a good catch by prior,

the second is a magical catch from Ian Bell,

If lara was batting on this pitch he would of scored 200 by now its that flat,

Apparently the new drainage at Trent Bridge has taken all the life out of the pitch

Stokes for Jordan is fair enough in that it was the only way to fit Stokes in, but I suspect Chris Jordan quite justifiably feels a bit aggrieved. As for Cook, he'll get the series to prove his worth but there is still the question of who you'd replace him with (don't say Bell!)

I think England have probably nosed it so far given the flatness of the wicket. Need to keep it up though

Apparently the new drainage at Trent Bridge has taken all the life out of the pitch

Stokes for Jordan is fair enough in that it was the only way to fit Stokes in, but I suspect Chris Jordan quite justifiably feels a bit aggrieved. As for Cook, he'll get the series to prove his worth but there is still the question of who you'd replace him with (don't say Bell!)

I think England have probably nosed it so far given the flatness of the wicket. Need to keep it up though

before lunch we were ok, and jimmy's wickets aside he has been woeful and really short of the burnley destroyer we all know and love,

after lunch, england have been well on top and some really good bowling on a batsman's paradise,

keep it up after lunch england

Due to the stupid amounts test grounds have to pay to host them they are simply creating pitches that will ensure 5 days of play and not a result. It's madness and something needs to give...

The Indians will be loving it just as the Sri Lankans did. Madness to prepare a pitch like that here.

It's not madness in the long term; English pitches are very particular and we need to get better on the flatter pitches you get elsewhere- especially in the subcontinent. Not sure this was the time to do it though

It's not madness in the long term; English pitches are very particular and we need to get better on the flatter pitches you get elsewhere- especially in the subcontinent. Not sure this was the time to do it though

It's a good point but it's a shame. People say Test Cricket is on its arse and pitches like this don't help, it's no fun at all.

Monkeh, I think you'll find in matches between the end of the ashes down under and the start of this series Jimmy has been beating his average for wickets in both formats that he plays.

Your posts are "woeful" and I used to scroll past every single one before signing up. You spout more shit than anyone here.

As for the game, nipping around a bit today. Hope we get a wicket before lunch.

Monkeh, I think you'll find in matches between the end of the ashes down under and the start of this series Jimmy has been beating his average for wickets in both formats that he plays.

Your posts are "woeful" and I used to scroll past every single one before signing up. You spout more shit than anyone here.

As for the game, nipping around a bit today. Hope we get a wicket before lunch.

"So we lose the toss and having a bowl, looks like jimmy is still woeful at the moment I hope he finds his line and length soon"

re-read it, if you watched the last test against sri-lanka his bowling was woeful well short of his standard, he took two good wickets yesterday but was still all over the place again not up to his standard, he went for far too many runs, as aposed to broad who I am critical of, he was bowling a good line and length not giving many runs away,

incedently he's bowling alot better today and should of had dhoni if it wasn't for a poor bit of wicket keeping

Before you have a go maybe you should read into the contex it was meant instead of attacking the poster first, theres a good chap

Boom, woeful Jimmy gets his 3rd wicket.

1. 12:44: 
  2. Ind 314-5
  3. James Anderson was expensive yesterday morning but has once again proved to be England's most potent weapon. When Oxenford's finger went up, Jimmy looked like he couldn't believe his luck, while Vijay blasted at the turf with his bat. Anderson is now bowling at Dhoni with eight men on the off side, there's just one lonely fielder with half of Trent Bridge to cover on the leg. Dhoni, trying to keep the strike, sets off with Jadeja sluggish. Ben Stokes's throw would have seen Jadeja gone, but it runs for four overthrows.
backs up what I was saying,
maybe you need glasses I haven't said he was a woeful bowler I said he was woeful yesterday to start with and very poor in the last test against Sri Lanka, which 90% of the pundits also said,

Yes he was expensive but Vijay edged 7 boundaries. Did you not watch? All to 3rd man too.

Nothing Jimmy could of done

Big wicket by Stokes there.

but he was also not pitching his normal line and looked short of fitness until he came out after lunch, he must of been working hard this morning as he's been on the money, but the front line bowlers in the last test were woeful which (with some poor captancy) cost us the series,

As I said in the orginal post he started woefully (aknowladged by just about every pundit out there) and has now found his line and length something I also said I hope would happen as he's englands best bowler, I never for one minute suggested he was a woeful bowler which you seem to think I have

Hey Monkeh

Have a joke mate haha...

This India tail end is woefully inexperienced. Glad we've got on top of them. Nice afternoon with the bat please boys. Take it steady cookie

perhaps we should only play tests after lunch we are on fire,

I hope for Cook's sake he gets at least 50 with the bat as he is still under fire, but hats off to him in the field he has been first class for the first 2 days of this test

Stop bickering you two

Getting them out for around 350 will be a good effort by England, you'd look to be scoring 400+ on this pitch, even with the uneven bounce. Broad going for 36 off 27 overs is phenomenal

we came to an understanding now so its stopped,

Still convinced we need an out and out spinner, harsh after his knock last game but I think it has to be Ali dropped, you need Stokes in as the extra seamer and Ali has been very expensive.

I'd be looking more along the lines of 

Cook, Robson, Ballance, Bell, Root, Stokes, Prior, Broad, Plunkett, Anderson and then add your spinner for whatever number they'd bat, I'd go with either Borthwick or Kerrigan tbh, it was harsh for him to be dropped after 1 test, was bound to be nervous and it being an ashes test as well. Two dark horse shouts being Adam Riley and George Dockrell.

More clueless bowling to the last batsmen.

what is it with england and not wanting to get the last wicket? India have already scored 40 more then they should have, and it looks like we are in no hurry to get them out,

Kumer is no novice with the bat, he's hit a first class hundred,

We really should of been batting by now, so bloody frustrating

Thing is often captains don't want the old captain in the side so if you get rid of Cook as captain you likely have to get rid of Cook the player and really there aren't many candidates to come in at the top of the order, your two options are Carberry and Compton who have both been ditched by England in recent years.

Absolutely brainless from top to bottom. 161 overs and 19 of those were spin. Our seamers will be done on these pitches by the 3rd test if this carries on. Ali is a decent batsmen but is a dreadful spinner.

I think this second Moore's era of not playing your best team is going to damage us and especially the seamers for years to come. He's gone for a nice user friendly xi when KP and Monty should certainly be in the team, Monty especially with a serious lack of any alternative.

I think this second Moore's era of not playing your best team is going to damage us and especially the seamers for years to come. He's gone for a nice user friendly xi when KP and Monty should certainly be in the team, Monty especially with a serious lack of any alternative.

ECB took KP off his hands and we can't select monty due to personal problems I'm not sure about moore

Archived