IGNORED

Bristol sport / shirts / Brand theft (Merged)

RedZepperin

BsWzO9UIgAAhvsJ.jpg

So no reference to either City or Bristol Rugby..?

And interesting as to know 'media' launch..

So are we looking at the new:

Bristol Sport FC & Bristol Sport RFC brand...?

They now have a shop & a bus....

Not liking this...

Even Tweets about City from Bristol Sport..

@BristolSportAB: BRISTOL CITY: Kid a quid for cup opener http://t.co/DQtBZfoYAE

It's happening...

#letsmakebristolproud

FFS the time to worry is when the players have to bring their own sandwiches or take their own kit home to be washed all by their eastern european woman who does.

or of course.

Be looking to see if the Peter Carol coach branded by Bristol sport would actually fit in the players car park at let's say Braintree Town or Eastleigh.

Football is all about money these days, if you have money their is outside chance of success if not you are called Bristol Rovers FC.

OR billionaire businessman owns several sports teams. Brings them all under the ownership of one umbrella company to save costs and drive revenue. One cost saving is to have a shares bus for all teams under said umbrella organisation. Costs are down, haters still gotta hate.

Ask yourselves this; if Steve Lansdown is in this purely for the money (which he may be, but that's not going so well is it?), what possible business case is there for changing our name from Bristol City FC? The Hull and Cardiff debacles prove that the local fans ain't gonna like it and we're unlikely to sell a lot of shirts in China in our current lowly position- though we do already play in red...

This isnt actually unusual. .. in fact not that long ago Bristol Rugby had a branded coach supplied by Nailsea coach firm Blue iris ... loads of teams do it... its just another form of sponsorship. . Prob means a ad in the programme and some ground advertising hording in exchange for coach use... but make no mistake Bristol City fc is just part of the Bristol Sport Franchise as such.. Its now all under 1 umbrella so its now ashton gate home of bristol sport... bristol sport mega store... bristol sport clothing .. bristol sport transport in association with peter carol ect ect ... sadly its modern football at its best/worst.. but it will keep the club in business. . The best thing to happen for you lot was the rugger lot club not going up as I believe more cash would have gone on rugby if they were a premiership team ..can see the rugger lot changing name to bristol sport rfc .. they have history .. remember they changed to bristol shoguns for a few years

FFS the time to worry is when the players have to bring their own sandwiches or take their own kit home to be washed all by their eastern european woman who does.

or of course.

Be looking to see if the Peter Carol coach branded by Bristol sport would actually fit in the players car park at let's say Braintree Town or Eastleigh.

Football is all about money these days, if you have money their is outside chance of success if not you are called Bristol Rovers FC.

To everyone else outside of this little acre of England, Bristol City is Bristol City and Bristol Rugby is...Bristol Rugby . No one else knows or indeed cares about the umbrella of Bristol Sports .

I've not got a problem with the Bristol Sport branding, it's a smart looking coach and if on the whole we double up and share with the rugby and cut costs then where's the problem.

To be blunt we haven't been a huge success promoting Bristol City within the city at times, maybe under an umbrella brand we will reach other people.

Anyway the coach has Bristol in huge letters, and such a luxurious vehicle just isn't going to belong to the Gas is it so no problems with any identity confusion will arise.

Whats the problem then ?

Looks like the shop has gone from Adidas logo to Bristol Sport - an improvement.

Looks like the team bus has gone from Peter Carol to Bristol Sport & Peter Carol - an improvement by the looks of it.

The Bristol Sport initiative  is designed to improve on a currently abysmal perception and performance of Bristol sport in general. Lets face it, the last hundred years haven't exactly been a success so why go on doing the same bloody thing that obviously doesn't work ? Getting major sporting clubs under one roof is exactly what has happened successfully in Europe for decades.

Move on.

No problem at all with any of it .

I've an idea. How's about at the front of the coach we put a name board with 'Bristol City Football Club'. That can be removed when the egg chasers borrow it and replaced with 'Bristol Rugby Club'. That should save our Chairman about 80k.

So no reference to either City or Bristol Rugby..?

Quite amazing detective work there Sherlock. No idea how you concluded that from a picture of half a coach. I have no idea either way on whether it mentions Bristol City, Bristol Rugby or Accrington Stanley but I can only admire your skills. 

Even Tweets about City from Bristol Sport..

@BristolSportAB: BRISTOL CITY: Kid a quid for cup opener http://t.co/DQtBZfoYAE

Yes, Andrew Billingham tweeting something TODAY after @bcfctweets tweeted it on SATURDAY morning. But mentioning that would slightly ruin your point, wouldn't it?

I'm sure it wont happen but just throwing it out there. Bristol City play in red, Bristol Rugby play in blue. Now if you were bringing them under the same umbrella for branding purposes wouldn't you like them to play in the same colour. Also with regards to changing names weren't the egg chasers branded under Bristol Shoguns for a while. Ok I'm being a bit mischievous :innocent06:

Quite amazing detective work there Sherlock. No idea how you concluded that from a picture of half a coach. I have no idea either way on whether it mentions Bristol City, Bristol Rugby or Accrington Stanley but I can only admire your skills. Yes, Andrew Billingham tweeting something TODAY after @bcfctweets tweeted it on SATURDAY morning. But mentioning that would slightly ruin your point, wouldn't it?

Rumbled......

VftD - how could I make such crazy assumptions...... Your right again.....

Did you take the picture of the BS bus..? So enlighten as to whether BCFC have a mention..?

Very interested to get your insight/views as to this topic...?

Has anybody actually seen the coach?

Saw it going up M32 on Sunday I think

On the side it has all the clubs logos associated with BS - not just Briz and BCFC

Looks very smart

Today's entry refers to the Bristol City Megastore: www.bcfcmegastore.co.uk

According to the terms of use of the site:

"Bristol City cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material off the BCFC Megastore website."

So, in legal terms, this is "the BCFC Megastore website".

However, the front page bears the title "Bristol Sport Megastore". At the top, on the far right, we can see the BCFC logo (left), next to the BS logo (right). In the main section below this, these logos are there again but have swapped sides.

I'm not sure if City have a hashtag slogan thingy but the one used here is that of Bristol Sport Limited.

I'm sure it wont happen but just throwing it out there. Bristol City play in red, Bristol Rugby play in blue. Now if you were bringing them under the same umbrella for branding purposes wouldn't you like them to play in the same colour. Also with regards to changing names weren't the egg chasers branded under Bristol Shoguns for a while. Ok I'm being a bit mischievous :innocent06:

I think you've hit on something there. The coach to me looks a dark burgundy colour, if you mix red and blue together (more parts red, a bit of blue and a touch of black) you will get a similar colour. I wonder if over the years our shirts will gradually darken and the rugby shirts will redden.

I really like this colour, looked good on Arsenal when they wore it for their centenary shirt (?) a few years ago, and as we have so many of their young players now...Seriously, I don't think I would give up our tradition red & white but for training gear etc dark burgundy would look good.

I think you've hit on something there. The coach to me looks a dark burgundy colour, if you mix red and blue together (more parts red, a bit of blue and a touch of black) you will get a similar colour. I wonder if over the years our shirts will gradually darken and the rugby shirts will redden.

I really like this colour, looked good on Arsenal when they wore it for their centenary shirt (?) a few years ago, and as we have so many of their young players now...Seriously, I don't think I would give up our tradition red & white but for training gear etc dark burgundy would look good.

I liked that gunners shirt too looked really nice, the red this season likes slighlty lighter to me, but then that may just be my shit eyesight

Rumbled......

Or just shown to be beating your drum to an agenda? 

VftD - how could I make such crazy assumptions......

Because you're just pushing an agenda even when the facts don't support you? 

Did you take the picture of the BS bus..?

No, I didn't. 

So enlighten as to whether BCFC have a mention..?

I do not know myself but I trust Tomarse's post which appears to be based on actually seeing it rather than the stuff you pedal as part of your agenda based on nothing but your imagination. 

Very interested to get your insight/views as to this topic...?

I'll try to keep to dealing in facts and suggestions with supporting reasons. I'll leave you to making stuff up and pedalling your viewpoint based on zero evidence.

I am concerned about the loss of identity for "my club" with the proposed move and change of name. I know I will get shouted down by those who say change is inevitable but I think we should retain the Bristol South End name, after all if we move to Ashton Gate and change our name to Bristol "City" how will anyone find us? Who will remember that we are the team from the South of Bristol?

Yours 

Victorian Red

I am concerned about the loss of identity for "my club" with the proposed move and change of name. I know I will get shouted down by those who say change is inevitable but I think we should retain the Bristol South End name, after all if we move to Ashton Gate and change our name to Bristol "City" how will anyone find us? Who will remember that we are the team from the South of Bristol?

Yours 

Victorian Red

could be worse we could be trying to change our name to Ashton Robins, or we could play in blue and white...........................

Drove past me as they left AG on saturday heading whichever airport they were flying from and I can confirm it DOES have our crest on it, along with Bristol Rugby's, Bristol Academy's, the Basketball teams and I think maybe one more? Though that could have been another BS logo.

For those who need further reassurance I'm pretty sure ours came before anyone's, and rightly so.

Or just shown to be beating your drum to an agenda? Because you're just pushing an agenda even when the facts don't support you? No, I didn't. I do not know myself but I trust Tomarse's post which appears to be based on actually seeing it rather than the stuff you pedal as part of your agenda based on nothing but your imagination. I'll try to keep to dealing in facts and suggestions with supporting reasons. I'll leave you to making stuff up and pedalling your viewpoint based on zero evidence.

Agenda....?

Please enlighten...

Archived