IGNORED

Bristol sport / shirts / Brand theft (Merged)

RedZepperin

Before the usual suspects jump on the "Agenda" accusations...

One question...?

With the continual influence of Bristol Sport.. And lack of communication re 'branding strategy'

"Would everyone be happy with the re-naming of Ashton Gate"..?

Now not saying it's gonna happen, but lack of communication re: Shop, Bus etc, wouldn't be surprised if this is very much part of the pending structure..?

#makingbristolproud

Agenda....?

Please enlighten...

Oh dear. It's patently obvious that you are anti-Bristol Sport. That's ok. That's your choice.

But it'd probably be wiser and you'd look a little more respectable if you didn't do it on foundation-less reasoning.

For example, taking issue with a Bristol Sport branded team bus for not featuring Bristol City is a great way of making yourself look like a pillock when it does feature a Bristol City logo (something the coach used previously didn't).

Instead you chose to jump to an ill-informed and wrong conclusion on the basis of next to zero evidence, purely because doing so gave you support in your own mind for your anti-Bristol Sport position. 

Instead you chose to jump to an ill-informed and wrong conclusion on the basis of next to zero evidence, purely because doing so gave you support in your own mind for your anti-Bristol Sport position. 

I think it's a bit radical to say that someone is "anti-Bristol Sport". Maybe Ricardo is just uncomfortable with the way some of the BS branding issues are being handled.

Maybe if the Supporters' Trust had been briefed about the branding strategy at an appropriate stage in the process, we would not be arguing among ourselves about any of this.

I think it's a bit radical to say that someone is "anti-Bristol Sport". Maybe Ricardo is just uncomfortable with the way some of the BS branding issues are being handled.

Maybe if the Supporters' Trust had been briefed about the branding strategy at an appropriate stage in the process, we would not be arguing among ourselves about any of this.

Spot on RZ...

No agenda, just would like to know more regarding the 'branding strategy'..

Once the dust settles on the Bristol Sport branding fiasco, I hope that the corporate partner that they finally lure into their clutches is someone other than Stephen Lansdown. It would seem to make more financial/marketing sense that way.

But who knows what their plans are?

Spot on RZ...

No agenda, just would like to know more regarding the 'branding strategy'..

In the absence of an official branding strategy, where do you see the advantage for SL in 'rebranding' Bristol City FC? I just don't see the commercial gain in replacing BCFC with 'Bristol Sport' or similar. It doesn't even fit in with the hair-brained theories behind Hull City Tigers or Cardiff Dragons

In the absence of an official branding strategy, where do you see the advantage for SL in 'rebranding' Bristol City FC? I just don't see the commercial gain in replacing BCFC with 'Bristol Sport' or similar. It doesn't even fit in with the hair-brained theories behind Hull City Tigers or Cardiff Dragons

There must be an official branding strategy somewhere. We're just not privy to it. The club's only online retail channel is being rebranded as we speak/type.

Too aggressive. Start slow and smaller rename the shop first. Slip in a badge on the shirt as big as the crest. Nobody noticed yet, ahhh good put a few signs up with new branding the dumb beasts won't notice, brand the team coach. these new stands, Bristol Sports bar, Bristol sports burger, Bristol Sport steward hut, Bristol sports screens, Bristol Sport South Stand ... Still no storming of the castle in for the kill, the stadium is the BS!!

It's not about knowing the 'commercial' gain... Not even questioned this..?

Would like to know what is the strategy behind the increasing influence of Bristol Sport & the vision moving forward..

It's not about knowing the 'commercial' gain... Not even questioned this..?

Would like to know what is the strategy behind the increasing influence of Bristol Sport & the vision moving forward..

Obviously you have some concerns about it though, I'm just wondering what they are? I've only considered it as a cost cutting exercise and commercial refocusing of all the teams that SL now owns. I'm not saying I'm correct, just that I hadn't considered there to be by potential for the erosion of the Bristol City name until it's brought up here

Once the dust settles on the Bristol Sport branding fiasco, I hope that the corporate partner that they finally lure into their clutches is someone other than Stephen Lansdown. It would seem to make more financial/marketing sense that way.

But who knows what their plans are?

Fiasco? Only in your mind buddy

It's just a bus, it's just a shop, it's just a logo, it's just a stadium, it's just a club, it's just a badge, its just history, it's just football.

How far will the club (who I've no idea who runs what anymore) push it before fans decide enough is enough?

I don't support Bristol Sport. I support Bristol City.

Where will this end? I've got a horrible feeling as BSFC in which case it will no longer be the club I support. I understand the reasoning for a brand, but I don't want my club to sell itself for success. Success is only real if it's your own. Would I swap League One Bristol City for Champions League Bristol Sport? NEVER... sadly it seems some would for a Championship place!

Obviously you have some concerns about it though, I'm just wondering what they are? I've only considered it as a cost cutting exercise and commercial refocusing of all the teams that SL now owns. I'm not saying I'm correct, just that I hadn't considered there to be by potential for the erosion of the Bristol City name until it's brought up here

Exactly..

It's just a concern with regard to the erosion of the Bristol City name.. And all that it has been historically.. The shop change just gave surface of what the 'branding strategy' was moving forward..

The Bristol Sport influence is becoming more of a key focus & I'm not saying it's a major worry, but it would be nice to know what the vision is.

• Admin

the post below was posted on the WTMS site, some interesting points raised......

Where this ship looks to be sailing to me is that Bristol sport could start to be more than this umbrella company and moving more towards a total name change of the clubs.

All this brand logo popping up everywhere on the shirts, club shop, team bus is a tester for reaction, even the logo on the shirt is far too big to be just a shirt brand logo.

The thinking could be Bristol sports FC, Bristol sports RFC, Bristol sports Academy, Bristol sports flyers. Obviously you can't change a racing drivers name.

The Bristol sports stadium with Bristol sports offices in ''THE NEW SOUTH STAND''.

Kit and badge change across the board to suite this BS brand, merchandise of other sports being sold in the so called BCFC club shop with some that have never played at Ashton gate ie racing driving and basketball.

I hear a sports training complex is possibly being planned at the Aston Vale site which could see the Basket Ball and Bristol Academy play their matches as well as rugby & football training.

The supporters club and trust survey was heavily influenced by asking Q's about the clubs heritage, about change along with foreign investment. However this could be happening more closer to home. The supporters club and trust have also stated they are seeking advice on protecting Ashton gate and its identity / heritage, so does this suggest more going on than meets the eye, and a real concern around the Bristol sports brand rather than just what went on with Cardiff and Hull City?.

The above could also suggest why there are no real answers coming back from BCFC? who is pulling the strings now?

Reading some of the rugby links you posted there is also suggestion that Bristol rugby commercial bods are now working for BS and the word ''MERGER'' keeps cropping up.

Question is would current BCFC fans prepared to embrace this sort of change and watch Bristol sports fc at the Bristol sports stadium? could be a Wimbledon / MK DONS on the door step but with a brand taking over history and heritage. Non supporting commercial bods would argue this club has merged over 100 years ago with Bristol south end and Bedminster fc and one moved from ST. Johns Lane so what will hurt a if a rebrand was done today.

Of course as usual things will be brushed off as nonsense but there is something brewing. It could be just a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth, left hand and right hand not communicating, too many office bods and CEO's not on the same page?.

The fact is the past year has created more questions than answers.

TIME WILL TELL.

Before the usual suspects jump on the "Agenda" accusations...

One question...?

With the continual influence of Bristol Sport.. And lack of communication re 'branding strategy'

"Would everyone be happy with the re-naming of Ashton Gate"..?

Now not saying it's gonna happen, but lack of communication re: Shop, Bus etc, wouldn't be surprised if this is very much part of the pending structure..?

#makingbristolproud

I wouldn't be happy, no.

Change the name of the ground as far as I'm concerned.It will, as TRL said, always be the Gate,the Atyeo will always be the park end and the south stand will always be the east end. The Williams will be called the gurt massive bugger though!

How many threads are we going to get from the metathesiophobic (those who fear of change) people on here? As I said on another thread, it would almost have been inevitable that a new stadium would have been named for all the teams that use it, so would the arguments have been the same in that situation. As others have said, IF, it were to be renamed, it would be the Bristol Sport stadium @ Ashton Gate, you call it want you want, they will call it what suits them, wheres the problem?

Archived