IGNORED

Del Boy

sglosbcfc

yes but of course he has found his level ...... (european football) and would never be successful at the top. 

Seriously though, he made mistakes here as with any manager learning their trade, it looks like he may have learned from his experience here, he must be on the radar of several of the larger teams I would imagine.

yes but of course he has found his level ...... (european football) and would never be successful at the top. 

Seriously though, he made mistakes here as with any manager learning their trade, it looks like he may have learned from his experience here, he must be on the radar of several of the larger teams I would imagine.

I would imagine his budget at Aberdeen is similar to City's budget this season I.e. A top League One budget, so if he was able to take Aberdeen to the Europa League stages that would be a hell of an achievement. I don't want to open up the whole should Del Boy have stayed debate, he has moved on and we have moved on, it was just a genuine 'well done' for a smashing result.

I knew it would only be a matter of time before another ass kissing McInnes thread started. I hope the bloke does well but the fact is he wasn't good enough when he was here. Made so many amateur mistakes and ultimately failed. It appears he's doing alright at Aberdeen but he still has a long way to go in management. This season will be a big one for him.

Will there be a thread every time Del the messiah wins a game?

I knew it would only be a matter of time before another ass kissing McInnes thread started. I hope the bloke does well but the fact is he wasn't good enough when he was here. Made so many amateur mistakes and ultimately failed. It appears he's doing alright at Aberdeen but he still has a long way to go in management. This season will be a big one for him.

Stupid question

Nothing wrong with keeping tabs on how a former manager of ours is doing is there? It was always going to be interesting to see how his career developed after leaving us as he has been tipped by many to do very well in management.

Threads like this are only as predictable as your responses claiming McInnes is an amateur.

I think you'll find the club was being run in a pretty amateur way whilst he was here...yes he made many mistakes, as most managers do, but he was poorly supported in his time here. And before anyone says it there's more to being supported than just financially...

When he was here I always thought he was the right man, but in the wrong place at the wrong time. According to many on here Cotterill was the wrong man, but it might just be he was in the right place at the right time and because of that could turn out to be the right man. Here endeth today's philosophy lesson grasshopper ( For those of you of a certain age)

Wouldn't be surprised to see McInness  do well, and he seems to be making a half decent fist of it, albeit in the footballing backwater of European football!

Nothing wrong with keeping tabs on how a former manager of ours is doing is there? It was always going to be interesting to see how his career developed after leaving us as he has been tipped by many to do very well in management.

Threads like this are only as predictable as your responses claiming McInnes is an amateur.

I think you'll find the club was being run in a pretty amateur way whilst he was here...yes he made many mistakes, as most managers do, but he was poorly supported in his time here. And before anyone says it there's more to being supported than just financially...

By that logic why don't we all start a thread every time Pulis, Wilson etc wins a game then? McInnes is remembered fondly by some on here because his successor wasn't any better. Had SOD's reign been more of a success I very much doubt the McInnes era would be looked upon by many in a positive light. Easy to do so when the next manager isn't a success but people have very short memories when it comes to Del. Likeable bloke? Yes, but I think some confuse that and his management during his time here. We all know he wasn't as well supported as he could have been but he was hardly hung out to dry was he? He had enough backing to do a better job than he did and he made amateur mistakes.

I think people are often very premature with their opinion on here with their opinions of Del. If he goes on to emulate the success of last season then it would be more understandable but he still has plenty to do before he is the next big thing that some would have you believe. It's almost as if some use any praise of Del as an indirect swipe at the board and the SOD reign.

I also didn't claim he was an amateur. I claimed he made amateur mistakes. Big difference.

By that logic why don't we all start a thread every time Pulis, Wilson etc wins a game then? McInnes is remembered fondly by some on here because his successor wasn't any better. Had SOD's reign been more of a success I very much doubt the McInnes era would be looked upon by many in a positive light. Easy to do so when the next manager isn't a success but people have very short memories when it comes to Del. Likeable bloke? Yes, but I think some confuse that and his management during his time here. We all know he wasn't as well supported as he could have been but he was hardly hung out to dry was he? He had enough backing to do a better job than he did and he made amateur mistakes.

I think people are often very premature with their opinion on here with their opinions of Del. If he goes on to emulate the success of last season then it would be more understandable but he still has plenty to do before he is the next big thing that some would have you believe. It's almost as if some use any praise of Del as an indirect swipe at the board and the SOD reign.

I also didn't claim he was an amateur. I claimed he made amateur mistakes. Big difference.

Not at all. Who said anything about remembering McInnes fondly? I remember his bizarre formations and the fact he made a minimum of 4 changes to the team each week. But equally he wasn't working within a structure that helped him out - and he needed help. I'd generally agree with others that he was possibly the right man but definitely the wrong time

Keeping us up in his first season was an achievement too let's not forget.

He's a bright bloke and I'm confident he'll have more success on the way pretty soon at Aberdeen. He worked his balls off for City so good luck to him I say.

Good for him. Nice man by all accounts and worked very hard here, whether he just wasn't up to it or wasn't given enough time we'll never know!

Good to see him doing elsewhere and amongst some stinkers he bought some good players here. Probably needs more time to learn before coming back to England but very good to see him doing well. I'm sure he'll be rangers boss one day or if WBA get relegated, maybe there.

Can we not turn this in to another discussion where the ITKs make veiled references to "lack of support", "broken promises" and any other gossip you might have heard but refuse to elaborate on. Please let us know what went on if you actually know.

I wish the bloke well, but he was not good enough while here.

I would imagine his budget at Aberdeen is similar to City's budget this season I.e. A top League One budget, so if he was able to take Aberdeen to the Europa League stages that would be a hell of an achievement. I don't want to open up the whole should Del Boy have stayed debate, he has moved on and we have moved on, it was just a genuine 'well done' for a smashing result.

I think it was the right time for him to go, but holding some kind of grudge against his future career (which appears to be going very well) would be moronic.

Not at all. Who said anything about remembering McInnes fondly? I remember his bizarre formations and the fact he made a minimum of 4 changes to the team each week. But equally he wasn't working within a structure that helped him out - and he needed help. I'd generally agree with others that he was possibly the right man but definitely the wrong time

Keeping us up in his first season was an achievement too let's not forget.

He's a bright bloke and I'm confident he'll have more success on the way pretty soon at Aberdeen. He worked his balls off for City so good luck to him I say.

Many on here still often talk about remembering McInnes fondly. I've even read some claiming we played the best football they have ever seen City play under him in other McInnes threads.

I'm not sure I buy into the 'right man wrong time' thing either. He didn't have the structure or support base but then not all managers do in the modern game. He certainly had the financial backing though and on the playing side his management was lacking.

He saved us from relegation which was an achievement at the time but let's not forget it was with a raft of loanees and after the initial good run under him, his dismal tactics, selection and lack of ideas was what put us back in the shit. Because of his likeable nature and charming personality I feel he is more easily forgiven by City fans for that reason in comparison to a rather subdued SOD.

I like Del, I met the guy, he was a decent and hard working bloke who I wish well but I'm not sure there is always a need for the obligatory otib pat on the back anytime he gets a half decent result with Aberdeen.

I like Del, I met the guy, he was a decent and hard working bloke who I wish well but I'm not sure there is always a need for the obligatory otib pat on the back anytime he gets a half decent result with Aberdeen.

Because we have such a raft of other ex-staff on the verge of European qualification.

Because we have such a raft of other ex-staff on the verge of European qualification.

Yes....on the verge but that's all it is isn't it? Just the small matter of Real Sociedad in the way. If they were to qualify fair enough but at present it's all a load of fuss about nothing. His old club St Johnstone also got through. It's a good result for them for sure but nothing is done yet.

Many on here still often talk about remembering McInnes fondly. I've even read some claiming we played the best football they have ever seen City play under him in other McInnes threads.

I'm not sure I buy into the 'right man wrong time' thing either. He didn't have the structure or support base but then not all managers do in the modern game. He certainly had the financial backing though and on the playing side his management was lacking.

He saved us from relegation which was an achievement at the time but let's not forget it was with a raft of loanees and after the initial good run under him, his dismal tactics, selection and lack of ideas was what put us back in the shit. Because of his likeable nature and charming personality I feel he is more easily forgiven by City fans for that reason in comparison to a rather subdued SOD.

Excellent result last night to be fair.

Not sure I understand why you have a) read the thread and b) commented so often if it's a topic you don't think should be raised on here.

I have to admit I find this kind of attitude a bit strange. It's fairly obvious what the thread will be about from the title. Even if it's not 100% clear, once you've read it once and found it to be on a subject you clearly have no interest in, why keep revisiting the thread and making comments?. It's like the Roverzzz thread that TMOR keeps whining about, if it's of no interest, leave it alone.

Performances like Charlton wolves and Leicester at home, god I miss those days, signings like Wilson,foster, and of course the legendary social organiser that was Jody Morris, radica team selection as in the visionary decision to drop Baldock a week after he scored 2 and set up 2 against Peterborough ! we let a managerial genius slip through our fingers, but thanks to those who constantly post threads about him we get plenty of opportunity to wallow in the memories of his glorious reign !

I think he is a good manager. Did well in to keep us up. For me during the 2nd season he was here, he lost the plot when he didn't play the same team at Millwall.

Perhaps could have been given more time but probably the right decision to get rid based on how badly it was going.

Not sure I understand why you have a) read the thread and b) commented so often if it's a topic you don't think should be raised on here.

I have to admit I find this kind of attitude a bit strange. It's fairly obvious what the thread will be about from the title. Even if it's not 100% clear, once you've read it once and found it to be on a subject you clearly have no interest in, why keep revisiting the thread and making comments?. It's like the Roverzzz thread that TMOR keeps whining about, if it's of no interest, leave it alone.

I was going to reply, but changed my mind as I am not interested in the thread.

In all seriousness, and whilst I never met him, I understand that DMcI was a thoroughly decent man who tried the best he could in difficult circumstances.

It did not work out and he left.

As with any former colleague, why can people not just have the common decency to wish him/her well and be (vicariously) pleased for them should they succeed in their next venture?

I think he is a good manager. Did well in to keep us up. For me during the 2nd season he was here, he lost the plot when he didn't play the same team at Millwall.

Perhaps could have been given more time but probably the right decision to get rid based on how badly it was going.

'Lost the plot' to describe that particular decision is probably a bit over the top.

He reverted to the 5-4-1 formation which had served City well in our previous away match at Ipswich, which meant Stead was the lone striker.

It didn't work so well in the first half at Millwall so Baldock was brought on at h/t.

Some might say fairly brave managerial decisions on both counts.

Am I not entitled to an opinion then Glyn? Is a forum not meant to be for engaging debate? Just because I don't like the topic doesn't mean I can't comment on it or try to encourage a constructive debate about it. I must remember not to comment on anything I don't 100% agree with on here. I have to admit I find your post a little patronising as you, as well as myself are entitled to their opinion on things.

Nothing wrong with a friendly debate. It would be boring if we all had the same opinions after all.

'That's all'... I'll repeat, because we have such a raft of other ex-staff on the verge of European qualification.

Yes....'that is all'. He has hardly had to conquer mountains to get there. Credit where it's due but the likes of St Johnstone have got through as well. It's a qualification process and he hasn't qualified yet. Hats off to him for last nights result but as Bristol City fans are we not allowed to comment on anything unless we have ex staff that are doing well in said topic? You know as well as I do Scottish football is completely different.

Am I not entitled to an opinion then Glyn? Is a forum not meant to be for engaging debate? Just because I don't like the topic doesn't mean I can't comment on it or try to encourage a constructive debate about it. I must remember not to comment on anything I don't 100% agree with on here. I have to admit I find your post a little patronising as you, as well as myself are entitled to their opinion on things.

Nothing wrong with a friendly debate. It would be boring if we all had the same opinions after all.

Of course you are, but I just find it odd that what was initially started as a simple "Well done , good result " thread, turns into one where he's getting pelters for his time here. Even his staunchest fans would agree he made some baffling decisions and it was best for all concerned that he went.

Still we're all different I suppose, no offence meant, as you were mate.

Of course you are, but I just find it odd that what was initially started as a simple "Well done , good result " thread, turns into one where he's getting pelters for his time here. Even his staunchest fans would agree he made some baffling decisions and it was best for all concerned that he went.

Still we're all different I suppose, no offence meant, as you were mate.

None taken Glyn. This type of thread will always open up a can of worms to be honest and perhaps I should have been more graceful with my approach. It's good to see him doing well and I guess my point isn't so much about this thread, it's about all the others that are started anytime Aberdeen get a good result.

Hats off to him for last nights result but as Bristol City fans are we not allowed to comment on anything unless we have ex staff that are doing well in said topic?

I don't really understand what you're getting at here, no one is advocating censorship but you.

I don't really understand what you're getting at here, no one is advocating censorship but you.

I don't really understand your point. Are you saying my point isn't valid because we don't have any other current/ex staff on the verge of European qualification?

Archived