IGNORED

Pre Match Football

Now I'm just chucking this out there as an idea and feel free to shoot it down but here it is.

Would it be possible to use the potential training pitches on the AV site on a Saturday morning for BCFC fans league. You could have several teams from each stand with age/ability/gender matches so everyone can have a friendly pre match game. From there you shower and change in the small building onsite before heading to your pub of choice, and then the match. Could potentially lure some Saturday afternoon players from the downs to AV and increase ticket sales. 

Could also be an opportunity for non-matchday players to mingle and play with the children etc. 

Could even have a matchday staff team so you can rough up that steward who insists on frisking you too vigorously :whistle:  

Could really emphasise community from the club

Now I'm just chucking this out there as an idea and feel free to shoot it down but here it is.

Would it be possible to use the potential training pitches on the AV site on a Saturday morning for BCFC fans league. You could have several teams from each stand with age/ability/gender matches so everyone can have a friendly pre match game. From there you shower and change in the small building onsite before heading to your pub of choice, and then the match. Could potentially lure some Saturday afternoon players from the downs to AV and increase ticket sales.

Could also be an opportunity for non-matchday players to mingle and play with the children etc.

Could even have a matchday staff team so you can rough up that steward who insists on frisking you too vigorously :whistle:

Could really emphasise community from the club

A five a side league would suit me better, Not much running (for me anyway) and shorter games, Good idea me thinks :)

What about a pre match game against opposition fans?

We used to do this on the Junior Reds trips to away matches most weeks, as kids.

It was brilliant, but the last thing I would want to do on a Saturday morning now is go and play football before heading to the pub.

Lie in, sort the mrs out, then get her to drop me at the pub - that is my matchday morning ritual nowadays!

Jon lansdown said that the ashton vale site isn't owned by the club and that it was up to the land owner to do what they wished with it. I thought that lansdown snr was the owner? But not so sure now

He is the land owner, not Bristol City FC. What part has confused you..?!

Archived