IGNORED

New Atlanta Stadium

Atlanta_Red

This new video was recently posted which introduces the new stadium already under construction here in downtown Atlanta.  It will be the base for the Falcons but will actually host more MLS games for the new franchise starting here in 2017.  It just shows what can be done with the right impetus and with forward-thinking politicians.  It's not cheap, but has financial backing from the Falcons owner and the City, with some of the funds being raised via hotel taxes, on the basis that the hotel industry will flourish from the concerts, WWE and many other events that will be staged there.  It will additionally bring in 4,500 construction jobs. 

They are even demolishing two churches to make way for this.  There is already an existing stadium not too far from the construction site (the Georgia Dome) but it was viewed that this was in need of repair and updating (sound familiar?) and that the money would be better spent on a new multi-purpose stadium.

A few miles up the road they are also breaking ground on a new stadium for the Atlanta Braves which will create thousands of new jobs. 

It just seems a shame as to what could have been if there had been a little more vision in the minds of the Bristol lawmakers.

Hope the link works.  If not, perhaps someone with more tech skill can do this for me.

This new video was recently posted which introduces the new stadium already under construction here in downtown Atlanta.  It will be the base for the Falcons but will actually host more MLS games for the new franchise starting here in 2017.  It just shows what can be done with the right impetus and with forward-thinking politicians.  It's not cheap, but has financial backing from the Falcons owner and the City, with some of the funds being raised via hotel taxes, on the basis that the hotel industry will flourish from the concerts, WWE and many other events that will be staged there.  It will additionally bring in 4,500 construction jobs. 

They are even demolishing two churches to make way for this.  There is already an existing stadium not too far from the construction site (the Georgia Dome) but it was viewed that this was in need of repair and updating (sound familiar?) and that the money would be better spent on a new multi-purpose stadium.

A few miles up the road they are also breaking ground on a new stadium for the Atlanta Braves which will create thousands of new jobs. 

It just seems a shame as to what could have been if there had been a little more vision in the minds of the Bristol lawmakers.

Hope the link works.  If not, perhaps someone with more tech skill can do this for me.

It does look cracking but it will never be as good as Lambeau in the snow.

City had a good video of the Ashton Vale stadium flying in from space and landing on the old rubbish tip / scrub land. If it had landed a bit earler, on the heads of the town greeners, the outcome would have been much better.

What are they doing with the old Olympic stadium if the Braves move? Been there to see the Braves a couple of times as my sister lives in Atlanta, it's a great stadium.

There have been a few bids for Turner field.  One bidder wants to level the area for housing.  Again, the Braves organisation decided that Turner Fields needed updating and they preferred to spend the money on a new, purpose-built stadium.  As you pointed out, Turner Field was originally built for the 1996 Olympics.  

The new stadium will be in Cobb County, about 10 miles northwest of the current Braves home.  The current area isn't 'desirable', particularly at night, and they feel that they will get better attendances at the new location.  Studies showed that most Braves fans came from the northern counties anyway.

There have been a few bids for Turner field. One bidder wants to level the area for housing. Again, the Braves organisation decided that Turner Fields needed updating and they preferred to spend the money on a new, purpose-built stadium. As you pointed out, Turner Field was originally built for the 1996 Olympics.

The new stadium will be in Cobb County, about 10 miles northwest of the current Braves home. The current area isn't 'desirable', particularly at night, and they feel that they will get better attendances at the new location. Studies showed that most Braves fans came from the northern counties anyway.

Thanks, be a shame for Turner Field to be demolished.

My sister is South of Atlanta (Covington) so will have further to travel!

Being a Atlanta Braves fan it's very sad to hear Turner Fields going. I'm hoping to get a couple of games in before the season is out. I realy want to get some more />/>/>/>/>/> Chop Time />/>/>/>/>/> in one last time at Turner Fields.

Being a Atlanta Braves fan it's very sad to hear Turner Fields going. I'm hoping to get a couple of games in before the season is out. I realy want to get some more />/>/>/>/>/> Chop Time />/>/>/>/>/> in one last time at Turner Fields.

Have a client up in Atlanta, and got to go to a few Braves games over the years.  Always a decent night out.  Don't think we ever made it to the actual seats, just stood drinking on the terrace that overlooks the outfield.  Didn't realise that they were looking to move.

Have a client up in Atlanta, and got to go to a few Braves games over the years.  Always a decent night out.  Don't think we ever made it to the actual seats, just stood drinking on the terrace that overlooks the outfield.  Didn't realise that they were looking to move.

They will be there until the end of the 2016 season.  It will be missed but I'm looking forward to the new stadium.  I live in Cobb County where it's being built.

Am I massively in the minority to say I don't really like it?

Given, it's a fantastic development and the support from local government is something only Bristol can dream of but, sorry, not for me.

Am going to to the new 49ER's Stadium in Santa Clara next week for the first fixture at new $1.3Bn stadium which is SJ Earthquakes v Seattle Sounders in MLS. Stadium has   200ft x 48ft HD video screens at either end. Have witnessed it being built over last few years looks pretty awesome!

Am going to to the new 49ER's Stadium in Santa Clara next week for the first fixture at new $1.3Bn stadium which is SJ Earthquakes v Seattle Sounders in MLS. Stadium has   200ft x 48ft HD video screens at either end. Have witnessed it being built over last few years looks pretty awesome!

It looks just like the Rovers new stadium and you can even see where the student accommodation will be but is there a jogging track ?

What do you know about Lambeau Field BS3?

Being a resident of Chicago (and a shareholder of The GBP....and BCFC)life can sometimes be interesting!

Im just a huge cheesehead really. Never had the chance to go to Lambaeu yet but will do one day. I was going to fly over for the wild card game against the 49ers back in Jan as there were tickets available (due to how they sold them) but I had only just started a new job and could not get the time off.

There is talk of the Packers coming to Wembley in the next year or two (as the away team) so there is hope I will get to see them at least but i really hove to experience Lambeau in the snow as it just looks awesome on gamepass every winter.

Am a little bit gutted that I miss them against the Dolphins in Miami by a week in October. If only I had booked my holiday for a week earlier.

No way!! Is this the end of Candlestick Park?

Archived