IGNORED

Kieran Agard - Now Officially Signed (See Page 17)

Cobby

Clearly, this lad would be a cracking signing, based on his season last time out, though I'd expect he'd cost us decent money.

Don't see the problem having him AND Baldock AND JET; we're not overflowing with forwards.  

Plus, Agard played wide of Revell with that lad Vuckic lad on the other side for a lot of last season, and SC has spoken about having a small but flexible squad.

Would be an amazing surprise if we got him, and don't expect it, but then would have said the same about Freeman start of the summer...

If he's off the table, I'd say someone like Benik Afobe at Arsenal would be a good shout; has spoken about wanting a full campaign as part of a first team squad somewhere.

For a 21 year old he has decent experience (50+ games), both at this level and above, and offers something different (big lad, athletic and mobile), and being he'd be a loan, might clam fears over anyone coming in being the direct replacement to Baldock!  The kid has something to prove too, having seen his career stall a little via injury, though he was good for Sheffield Wednesday second part of last season, so isn't carrying that still.

Could do worse.

Mathias Pogba looked a real handful against us last season - could be a decent alternative to Agard?

Been pulled from Crewe's friendlies due to interest, so likely on the move (not saying to us though).

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Crewe-Alexandra-club-shows-Mathias-Pogba-looks/story-21942412-detail/story.html

Edit; Looks like he's moving to Italy, of rumours are true.

http://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/striker-pogba-way-out-gresty-7507770

We really need another striker that's common knowledge but we also need another centre back and goalkeeper on the books for competition.

Still plenty of half decent free agents and loan options about.

Strikers: J.Forte (poor statistical record, but has always played at this level and championship on loan etc)

J.Guidetti (loan from Man City could be an option - has recently been on there tour in the US)

J.Ibe (loan option from Liverpool - quick player who has a great hunger to chase players down and isn't afraid of having a shot)

Goalkeepers: B.Amos (loan option from Manchester United - pushed Kuszcak out when he was there. Young and needs game time.)

S.Moore (this option looks less likely now due to one of Baadiffs keepers injuring himself pretty badly - did well when he was here, but didn't quite stand out enough for me to give him the number 1 shirt)

Defenders: Abdoulaye Faye (big dominating centre back - yes age isn't on his side but he is a commanding player who would add some size)

J.Spence (available on a free since leaving West Ham, some will have there opinions on him after his time here. But can add a bit more to our centre back options and can be used at RB and LB if needed. Perfect option for cover.)

We really need another striker that's common knowledge but we also need another centre back and goalkeeper on the books for competition.

Strikers: J.Forte (poor statistical record, but has always played at this level and championship on loan etc)

J.Guidetti (loan from Man City could be an option - has recently been on there tour in the US)

J.Ibe (loan option from Liverpool - quick player who has a great hunger to chase players down and isn't afraid of having a shot)

Goalkeepers: B.Amos (loan option from Manchester United - pushed Kuszcak out when he was there. Young and needs game time.)

S.Moore (this option looks less likely now due to one of Baadiffs keepers injuring himself pretty badly - did well when he was here, but didn't quite stand out enough for me to give him the number 1 shirt)

Defenders: Abdoulaye Faye (big dominating centre back - yes age isn't on his side but he is a commanding player who would add some size)

J.Spence (available on a free since leaving West Ham, some will have there opinions on him after his time here. But can add a bit more to our centre back options and can be used at RB and LB if needed. Perfect option for cover.)

The players contracted to prem clubs would all be on sizeable wages I would assume

Clearly, this lad would be a cracking signing, based on his season last time out, though I'd expect he'd cost us decent money.

Don't see the problem having him AND Baldock AND JET; we're not overflowing with forwards.  

Plus, Agard played wide of Revell with that lad Vuckic lad on the other side for a lot of last season, and SC has spoken about having a small but flexible squad.

Would be an amazing surprise if we got him, and don't expect it, but then would have said the same about Freeman start of the summer...

If he's off the table, I'd say someone like Benik Afobe at Arsenal would be a good shout; has spoken about wanting a full campaign as part of a first team squad somewhere.

For a 21 year old he has decent experience (50+ games), both at this level and above, and offers something different (big lad, athletic and mobile), and being he'd be a loan, might clam fears over anyone coming in being the direct replacement to Baldock!  The kid has something to prove too, having seen his career stall a little via injury, though he was good for Sheffield Wednesday second part of last season, so isn't carrying that still.

Could do worse.

Not sure how you are going to keep Baldock, Wilbraham, JET and Freeman happy with the addition of Agard.

Baldock has to be off.

Not sure how you are going to keep Baldock, Wilbraham, JET and Freeman happy with the addition of Agard.

Baldock has to be off.

Why keep Wilbraham happy?  He is on a 1 year contract near the end of his career, I suspect he is just happy to have got a club that pays well

Absolutely no chance in Guidetti he scored 20 in 23 league games for Feyenoord a couple of seasons ago and Stoke took him on loan last season. His level is a lot higher than League 1

Baldock has to be off.

Don't get that logic.  

Two strikers, one striker/attacking midfielder, one winger/stiker, one winger; all could play together in a starting 11

And what it one of the four you mention is injured?  It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Why keep Wilbraham happy?  He is on a 1 year contract near the end of his career, I suspect he is just happy to have got a club that pays well

Exactly.

All the players get paid, regardless if they are used, and Wilbriham will know at his age he's not going to play every game.  He's an option, sure; but he'll not be expecting to start, I'm sure.

Not from the way he talks. He sounds like he has been promised a place due to dropping down two leagues. 

He's 34; he'll know the drill.

Don't get that logic.  

Two strikers, one striker/attacking midfielder, one winger/stiker, one winger; all could play together in a starting 11

And what it one of the four you mention is injured?  It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Exactly.

All the players get paid, regardless if they are used, and Wilbriham will know at his age he's not going to play every game.  He's an option, sure; but he'll not be expecting to start, I'm sure.

He's 34; he'll know the drill.

I agree with you, although they are all strikers they certainly aren't like for like. Injuries can hit us hard, and suspensions perhaps, although we don't seem to have the discipline problems we once had, not with the strikers any how.

Horses for courses and all that, fast small strikers might suit certain opposition but other times we need more of a battering ram approach. I didn't realise Wilbraham was 34, no problem with that, he doesn't look it, see Wade Elliott for reference. But that said we maybe looking for a striker (or 2) this time next season. If the right player become available now, then why not at least consider bringing him in, may have missed the boat next year.

The more the merrier, lets score some goals (but let less in). Got a good feeling we again are building a team, not just individually good players.

I agree with you, although they are all strikers they certainly aren't like for like. Injuries can hit us hard, and suspensions perhaps, although we don't seem to have the discipline problems we once had, not with the strikers any how.

Horses for courses and all that, fast small strikers might suit certain opposition but other times we need more of a battering ram approach. I didn't realise Wilbraham was 34, no problem with that, he doesn't look it, see Wade Elliott for reference. But that said we maybe looking for a striker (or 2) this time next season. If the right player become available now, then why not at least consider bringing him in, may have missed the boat next year.

The more the merrier, lets score some goals (but let less in). Got a good feeling we again are building a team, not just individually good players.

Yeah, my thoughts pretty much exactly.

At certain stages we'll be playing Sat, Tue, Sat (and if if we get in cups, Tue again), and with just Baldock as a 'quick' strikers, we'd be utterly boned if he got injured.

We need someone on the bench/pressing him for his place, beyond what we do have.

I'm thinking this too. It would be so much easier (from a picking the team point of view) if JET wasn't here. The team seems more fluid without him, much simpler to move players in and out rather than putting JET in and seeing who we got to fit around him. It makes me uncomfortable to see one player having so much 'power'. As good as it has been, after all you cannot disregard the goals he has contributed, in many ways it has been our biggest downfall too.

In terms of goals I can see where you are coming from M, but in terms of assists I think he has to stay. Even when his form dipped he was still supplying goals for Sam and others and looking at the pre-season highlights, I still don't think there is a player in this division with the kind of vision and pass to back it up that he has. I realise that we have looked to boost the supply coming from the wings but there is still nobody else that can play that pass through the middle.

At certain stages we'll be playing Sat, Tue, Sat (and if if we get in cups, Tue again), and with just Baldock as a 'quick' strikers, we'd be utterly boned if he got injured.

We need someone on the bench/pressing him for his place, beyond what we do have.

:rofl2br:

• Admin

Surely the season for Wes Burn's to press on and become a regular?

Surely the season for Wes Burn's to press on and become a regular?

For sure, but again; not someone I'd peg as a straight-out striker, considering his previous appearances.

Also, unlike Agard, Burns hasn't a proven goal scoring record; throwing him in to replace Baldock is a big ask.

Although I always want to see our youth players step up, I think it would be a LOT of pressure on Burns to be our one backup.

In terms of goals I can see where you are coming from M, but in terms of assists I think he has to stay. Even when his form dipped he was still supplying goals for Sam and others and looking at the pre-season highlights, I still don't think there is a player in this division with the kind of vision and pass to back it up that he has. I realise that we have looked to boost the supply coming from the wings but there is still nobody else that can play that pass through the middle.

I think Elliott can pass through the middle ,Pack as well.

I know it's a rumour from a crappy twitter account..

Bristol city hope to sign both Kieran Agard and Leon Clarke, from@OfficialRUFC and @OfficialWolves respectively #RUFC #Wolves

Leon Clarke sends shivers down my spine (not in a sexual way) as someone who strikes me as a real shit bloke......but his record at this level isn't bad at all. That being said, I'm certain this is a made up rumour!

For sure, but again; not someone I'd peg as a straight-out striker, considering his previous appearances.

Also, unlike Agard, Burns hasn't a proven goal scoring record; throwing him in to replace Baldock is a big ask.

Although I always want to see our youth players step up, I think it would be a LOT of pressure on Burns to be our one backup.

The impression I've got from Burns (don't know him, never met him, only going from official releases and hearsay on here!) is that he wants to make that step up sooner rather than later. If that is the case then he'll have to accept the pressure that comes with it?

don't want clarke bring back Savage or Clarkson instead of him! Horrible thinks he is big time. Loved it when Di Canio kicked him @ swindon :laugh: As for Agard would be a great signing and the friends from Arsenal might be a big factor? Apart from Brighton one time i havent heard any news on Baldock at all? Watching his interviews seems he's really happy the captain too?

Archived