IGNORED

The Pitch & The Players

redsontour

Ok, a couple of little questions to discuss..

Where will SC & the team be sitting/standing this season during games? Obviously, previously the 'bench' has been in front of the Williams, but with the pitch being moved closer to the Williams as part of the redevelopment (demonstrated brilliantly by the time lapse) it would appear that whilst there may still be room for the bench itself, there may not be room for a technical area? Will it stay and just have less room, or will it be moved over to the other side of the pitch under the Dolman meaning taking some seats out of action?

Also, in all the years I have been attending ( a lot) we have always tended to kick towards the East End in the first half. This was primarily due to the atmosphere generated in the old days and, even when the Atyeo became the "home end" it stuck. Clearly, this year the boys will be attacking an empty space in one of the halves, does it matter which?

I know they are very minor things but if the bench moves I shall slightly miss watching the ranting and raving and if we suddenly start attacking the Atyeo in the first half I shall feel a little weird... 

Don't think the pitch is being shifted until next summer, so currently it's the same. They'll just remove one strip and add an extra strip next summer.

Obviously will still want to attack Atyeo second half, as will away teams so may end up getting 'turned around' a bit more.

The pitch has been moved and I believe (by looking at the webcam) that the dugouts are just being moved back a row in the Williams (where nobody sat anyway) It will also mean that the dugouts aren't on the path they used to be on, just more onto the side of the pitch so players/managers will have grass under their feet instead of path.

Don't think the pitch is being shifted until next summer, so currently it's the same.

I believe the pitch has already been shifted to its final position.

The pitch won't be shifted until the gradient of the dolman is sorted next pre season

Pitch as been moved over already

I'm glad that's been cleared up!

I just tweeted Craig the groundsman

"Can you settle an argument.  Is the pitch now in its permanent location which will mean no further moving about"

His response

"The grassed area will not move again, but the touch lines will.  It moves a further 2.5 metres over when the Williams stand is rebuilt"

So there you go.

I just tweeted Craig the groundsman

"Can you settle an argument.  Is the pitch now in its permanent location which will mean no further moving about"

His response

"The grassed area will not move again, but the touch lines will.  It moves a further 2.5 metres over when the Williams stand is rebuilt"

So there you go.

Thanks for the clarification! I was wrong! Going to have a closer look at the time lapse video now to see the new position of the grass!

The pitch has been moved and I believe (by looking at the webcam) that the dugouts are just being moved back a row in the Williams (where nobody sat anyway) It will also mean that the dugouts aren't on the path they used to be on, just more onto the side of the pitch so players/managers will have grass under their feet instead of path.

Not sure they will have grass under their feet when sat in the dugout but your right about the dugouts being pushed back. From the webcam you can see they've removed the advertising boards and front row of seats directly behind each dugout. Presumably the dugouts will fill these gaps and be set into the Williams stand itself, inline with the front row of seats.

Here's a geeky way of seeing the difference....

Go to April 26th on the Webcam calendar and stick your finger on the screen where the corner is taken at the Ateyo/Williams corner

Now click on latest and you will see just how much more "grassed area" has been generated

Assuming the pitch itself will be in the same position this season, there will be plenty of space from dugout to touchline including gravel track and grassed technical area

Archived