IGNORED

Cats Coaches Experience?

BA12RED

Hello OTIB users,

Just a few questions about the coach service as I have been to plenty of away games over the years and had never explored this option of travel. I'm going to be travelling to the Sheffield United game on it with a friend and I'm just wondering about the whole thing and have these questions.

What facilities does the Coach normally have? I.e a Toilet , Air Conditioning ETC

Does the coach make any stops for what is a 3 hour trip to Sheffield?

Is there anything I need to know or do you have any advice before we travel?

Some very weird questions I know but I'm just interested in knowing the answers and if anyone could answer them I would be very grateful! COYR  :thumbsup:

What facilities does the Coach normally have? I.e a Toilet , Air Conditioning ETC

It'll have a toilet and should almost certainly have air con.

Does the coach make any stops for what is a 3 hour trip to Sheffield?

Yep, it'll stop - probably at Trowell services I'd imagine from past trips to Yorkshire.

Is there anything I need to know or do you have any advice before we travel?

Don't listen to the keyboard brigade - it's a reasonably priced, direct to the ground way of following City.

I really don't know what to say.

BA12's post seems so genuine, so honest, so.... 

We should help him, but....

Look.

I am sure there will be a toilet, but....

Oh. Forget it. Enjoy!

Literally just a few questions mate. My friend isn't keen on travelling so I wanted to give him the info about it. Thanks anyway :)

It'll have a toilet and should almost certainly have air con.

Yep, it'll stop - probably at Trowell services I'd imagine from past trips to Yorkshire.

Don't listen to the keyboard brigade - it's a reasonably priced, direct to the ground way of following City.

just stay away from coach one

just stay away from coach one

I disagree, everyone should experience it once in their life! My one and only time was Crawley away last season, we had a brilliant time on coach one, they were a great bunch once you understood their 'quirky' ways. No one, no one at all enjoyed slagging the Gas off and enjoyed their relegation more than the coach one oldies, quite surprised me how scathing they were towards them. It was brilliant!

On the rare occasions that I can get to an away game I will usually get there under my own steam....

....the one experience of CATS that particularly sticks in the memory (my craw) though is this.

1990 promotion season under Joe Jordan...

...away to Leyton Orient...

...coach driver got lost...

...listened to most of first half on coach radio...

...then driver sees loads of footy fans in Red and white, so follows them...

...turns out to be Man United away at White Hart Lane!

Finally got to Brisbane Road at HT. We were 1-0 down and ended up drawing 1-1, so at least saw our goal.

Never got any money back for that!

Archived