IGNORED

Danny Rose

CyderInACan

Decent left back In fairness. Shame we never played him there.

Don't think he's outstanding but has done quite well for them so not too surprised.

Think the problem when he was with us is that it was a short term loan during part of our downward spiral. We weren't in a good place then as a club and it just didn't work out.

Has just signed a 5-year contract extension at the Hotspurs. Good grief.

The mind boggles.

Do you watch premier league football? He played very well for them last season and also shone at Sunderland on loan prior.

We played him out of position in a team full of shit.

Do you watch premier league football? He played very well for them last season and also shone at Sunderland on loan prior.

Yeah we played him out of position but he couldn't give a shit, you could see that in his body language

He was kept out if the City team by Martyn Woolford so cut short his loan period and went back to Spurs!

I'm pretty sure he was kept out of the team by JCR. And if you offered me one of the two now based upon their performances for us I'd take JCR.

I'm with the OP, if Danny Rose can sign a five year deal in ANY league then there's hope for any of us.

I'm pretty sure he was kept out of the team by JCR. And if you offered me one of the two now based upon their performances for us I'd take JCR.

I'm with the OP, if Danny Rose can sign a five year deal in ANY league then there's hope for any of us.

Yeah we showed him.

Didn't we get him and Caulker on a season long loan but in an interview he let it slip he was only here until January? Around then he then was mysteriously injured and returned to Spurs.

Spot on F62 - if he can get a 5-yr deal at the Hotspurs then any of us on here (or there, or anywhere) can ply our trade in the upper echelons of European football.

Do you? This sums it up pretty well. http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/31/danny-rose-signs-five-year-tottenham-hotspur-contract-spurs-fans-react-badly-4817207/

Also, we didn't play him out of position... http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2011/7/4/2257884/danny-rose-tottenham-hotspur-england

He's a left sided Liam Rosenior.

Shit, overpaid and won't play for England.

The same Liam Rosenior with 120+ premier league appearances under his belt?

At least there are a couple of clubs prepared to give English players a chance at a high level.

What hope does the national team have when we continue to have the attitude of 'x player is shit, let's buy a better foreign player'.

Sunderland and Spurs fans rate him from what they've seen of him. But as usual our fans know something they don't!

You had a few too many ciders mate? Danny Rose had a shocking season, spurs fans I've spoken to are fuming

Most spurs fans think he is absolutely shite. He's bang average and I'm amazed he got a 5 year deal. Spurs clearly don't plan on going anywhere in a hurry. Positionally poor and still living off his goal against Arsenal.

Played around 50 premier league games and 29 times of England under 21's. not bad for a ' shite' player.

The same Liam Rosenior with 120+ premier league appearances under his belt?

At least there are a couple of clubs prepared to give English players a chance at a high level.

What hope does the national team have when we continue to have the attitude of 'x player is shit, let's buy a better foreign player'.

Sunderland and Spurs fans rate him from what they've seen of him. But as usual our fans know something they don't!

Nicky Hunt got 125+ in the Prem. He's proved his worth.

I'd put Tony Hibbert alongside the likes of Liam Rosenior and Danny Rose.

None of which, will get (or have got) an England cap. They ain't good enough.

Before resorting to abroad, there are better options than the above mentioned in leagues below, who can prove their worth and not make up the numbers.

Played around 50 premier league games and 29 times of England under 21's. not bad for a ' shite' player.

50 premier league games? So what? That means very little when the likes of Nicky Hunt have played over 100. I would rather go by the opinion of my Spurs supporting mates who are season ticket holders and see him every week. From what they have told me he is shite and from what I have witnessed he is also shite. Typical English player I'm afraid. Massively over hyped from scoring one good goal and doing very little else.

Archived