IGNORED

Purple & Lime 3Rd Kit Confirmed!

BUTOR

It is purple and lime, I've heard it from a player. Although they refused to show me a picture of it. He wasn't convinced that they would sell them. He did seem to think that they'd auction off a couple of hundred

Not sure that decision would be a popular one, but unfortunately it does seem the community trusts bank balance is more important than the fans

You seriously disagree?!?

Well to be honest yes I do. I would much rather have exciting signings and a team good enough for promotion, than playing in a strip which actually looks a bit vile if honest and to be honest I don't really care what alcoholic drinks the club supplies. Have always thought that alcohol and emotions lead to violence and if there was no alcohol on sale in football stadiums at all, it would reduce the violence and need for more money spent on policing and stewards. 

Given the size of the 3 or four people around me at Ashton Gate (they could do with 2 seats let alone one !), If they go out and buy a purple kit, I will feel like I'm trapped between a Barney the dinosaur convention. 

All for difference, and understand why some fans like the Purple & Green kits, but personally not my taste and I personally would be a lot more excited by the signing of a decent player, than a kit.

I'm personally not really taken by the new rectro kits and the material is okay, but still feel our most comfy and best kits were when Puma made them, the Red home and the White away Puma kits were nice kits, comfy and looked good. Would personally rather those kits than the ones for this season. Don't find this season's home kit comfy to wear at all, and although bought one I can't see it coming out much for anything bar matches.

Well to be honest yes I do. I would much rather have exciting signings and a team good enough for promotion, than playing in a strip which actually looks a bit vile if honest and to be honest I don't really care what alcoholic drinks the club supplies. Have always thought that alcohol and emotions lead to violence and if there was no alcohol on sale in football stadiums at all, it would reduce the violence and need for more money spent on policing and stewards.

Given the size of the 3 or four people around me at Ashton Gate (they could do with 2 seats let alone one !), If they go out and buy a purple kit, I will feel like I'm trapped between a Barney the dinosaur convention.

All for difference, and understand why some fans like the Purple & Green kits, but personally not my taste and I personally would be a lot more excited by the signing of a decent player, than a kit.

I'm personally not really taken by the new rectro kits and the material is okay, but still feel our most comfy and best kits were when Puma made them, the Red home and the White away Puma kits were nice kits, comfy and looked good. Would personally rather those kits than the ones for this season. Don't find this season's home kit comfy to wear at all, and although bought one I can't see it coming out much for anything bar matches.

Totally agree with this. We're entering such a exciting period with the club (AG redevelopment and actual excitement going into the season) yet people still like living in the past. as I've said in other threads, if it wasn't for beating Liverpool in the same kit, people would say how awful it looks (and it does look ridiculous). Just don't get why people need to go back in the past and almost try and re create a different period in the club's history. Hopefully after having this kit, people would get it out their system and move on from it.

Totally agree with this. We're entering such a exciting period with the club (AG redevelopment and actual excitement going into the season) yet people still like living in the past. as I've said in other threads, if it wasn't for beating Liverpool in the same kit, people would say how awful it looks (and it does look ridiculous). Just don't get why people need to go back in the past and almost try and re create a different period in the club's history. Hopefully after having this kit, people would get it out their system and move on from it.

True. All we hear is "ground ground ground" ... and we all know how that ends up.

I agree about the Puma kits too, some of my favourites in terms of comfort (although the sponsors label did peel off before the season's end).

The most comfortable shirt I own is made by a company called Avec and bizarrely is a Wycombe Wanderers shirt. In my defence it is in red and white quarters and from the year Wycombe made it to the FA Cup semi-final and relegated Bristol Rovers and I value it highly.

Archived