IGNORED

Willem II

willem ii

3 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

These informal club associations have a long history and are mainly founded upon small groups of keen fans from each team linking up.  There have only ever been a small number of Chelsea fans visiting Rangers and vice versa but that makes the link.

90% of fans won't be involved but that doesn't negate the association.

It's also an excuse for trips overseas and a bit of variety. You can't force these things but if the Sweden Bristol City fans mostly supported a particular Swedish team then you would see some City fans visiting to watch.

It's good, all part of life's rich pageant, but it's not compulsory.

They are not City fans though and you are not Willem II fans.  

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

They are not City fans though and you are not Willem II fans.  

No, but do you not have a second club?

If I lived in BS3 then I wouldn't but when I lived in London I also supported a London club and went to watch them.

I guess this association started similarly: Willem fan working and living in Bristol if memory serves.

I hear people claim they "support" a team. The don't now anything about the team, can not name a single player and now far less than me about that particular team.  

They are not supporters.

Not even if they get pissed together with a supporter from that particular team.

Just to claim you are a "supporter" is nonsence. 

Okay.

Well personally I like that there is a link to Willem but don't claim to support them and my following of them is restricted to posts on OTIB which flag up any major achievements by them.

But as I said it's not compulsory and certainly it doesn't mean that if you're a Bristol City fan then you should take an interest in Willem; though I like that some do and they have been over to watch them.

2 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I hear people claim they "support" a team. The don't now anything about the team, can not name a single player and now far less than me about that particular team.  

They are not supporters.

Not even if they get pissed together with a supporter from that particular team.

Just to claim you are a "supporter" is nonsence. 

I support Willem. You said name a single player, Fran Sol, recently recovered from testicular cancer. 

How would I know that if I don’t support them? 

You really are an idiot at times. 

21 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

All noncence. Some Dutch coming over here to get pissed. Are they City fans? No. Are you peopkle getting over ther Wilhelm just because you get pissed on Dutch soil. No. Total noncence.  

The Swedish peopkle who come over?  The Czechs? or is just the Dutch who are noncence?

Bit late: nevertheless here an update.

Yes we are in the half final of the cup which is an away game against Feyenoord. It will be played on Wednesday 28th February. Pretty nice that we reached the half final, but having said that, in my honest opinion that is the only thing which is nice this season. Yes we are seeded on place 14 in the Eredivisie, but the last 6 matches of the season will be against the top 9. Therefore we need to win matches right now and that's what is lacking. The coach is only playing in order not to lose (5-3-2 system) and the team is not a team and not putting their right efforts into it. Our two forwards are pretty good, but defence is terrible.

Next weekend a very important home match against Roda JC who is below us. If we lose that one, then relegation is coming closer quite rapidly since the gap with the teams below us are small. We should get rid of our coach and put someone before the squad who can really put some positive vibe into everyone and making a real team of our players.

On the other side, two wins in a row and life looks better...

CU in a few weeks, when I will be over!

On ‎17‎-‎02‎-‎2018 at 14:51, bristolcitysweden said:

All noncence. Some Dutch coming over here to get pissed. Are they City fans? No. Are you peopkle getting over ther Wilhelm just because you get pissed on Dutch soil. No. Total noncence.  

@bristolcitysweden when there is no link then please explain this: Willem II stadium honouring Mark "Divvy" Saunders.

17 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Do Willem fans get on with Utrecht ones or could there be trouble between the Dutch groups next time City play Manor Farm? 

Any idea where that came from btw? Heard vaguely about it but no idea how a team like Utrecht got involved with a team as small as BMF.

19 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Any idea where that came from btw? Heard vaguely about it but no idea how a team like Utrecht got involved with a team as small as BMF.

Just a few of their fans who were ground hopping I think. They really enjoyed their trip toThe Creek and the football being played.

I think the first game they went to was last season or possibly the one before, so it probably helped that Farm were playing very good football considering the level.

So we won the important match against Roda JC with 1-0. Awful gameplay, but the three points stayed with us in Tilburg! 8 points away from direct relegation and 6 points away from play off places. Last half season will be difficult, but fingers crossed!

Wednesday away match in the half final for the cup away against Feyenoord! Away box sold out for 1.200 Supporters. Will be a very big surprise if we win that match, but it is good for the cash nevertheless. Pays € 500.000 - € 700.000. With a yearly budget of around € 10.000.000 this is a significant financial contribution!

And the on friday off to Bristol with a “few” of our lads.... looking forward to these matches!!!

1 hour ago, willem ii said:

The coach of Willem II resigned....

Btw still recovering from the weekend in Bristol! Thanks for the hospitality once again! Hope to be in Bristol soon...

Keep us up to date mate! Be good to get some regular updates again.

For the ones who did not notice it: we won with 5-0 against PSV Eindhoven, number 1 of the Dutch premier league!!! 

And that after a week in which the coach left the club on request of the supporters. Just to be complete: no (physival) threads were made against him. Just a statement of the most important supporter groups was sufficient.

Archived