IGNORED

Simon Jordan

Big Red Rich

He with the lovely long blond hair!! Anyone read his book? I've been reading it on my holiday, fantastic read would highly recommend it. Lifts the lid on a lot of interesting stuff including he couldnt take Steve Cotterills accent seriously so didn't consider him for one of 8 managerial appointments he made in his 10 years at palace!

He with the lovely long blond hair!! Anyone read his book? I've been reading it on my holiday, fantastic read would highly recommend it. Lifts the lid on a lot of interesting stuff including he couldnt take Steve Cotterills accent seriously so didn't consider him for one of 8 managerial appointments he made in his 10 years at palace!

The thought of putting money in that blokes pocket by purchasing his book makes me feel ill.

Hope you found it in a bin.

Remember the play off game, he was straight in his motor and away, no thought for his team or club.

I'm with you, I like reading biographies/autobiographies. I've read a lot of players/managers biographies and celebrities and buisiness people too. Many have shown me a totally different side of people and thrown some unexpected stuff up, some have put me right off a person and others unexpectedly I now admire.

I think book reading is a dying skill, pick one up!

Happily lend you my copy if you would like?! This holiday I've also read David Jason's autobiography which was excellent. He was actually asked to audition for the role of Grandad in OFAH and needed to persuade the casting people to let him audition for Delboy and the rest as they say.......

I'm with you, I like reading biographies/autobiographies. I've read a lot of players/managers biographies and celebrities and buisiness people too. Many have shown me a totally different side of people and thrown some unexpected stuff up, some have put me right off a person and others unexpectedly I now admire.

I too really enjoy autobiographies, especially sports people when you can associate what they talk about in their books with your own memories. You get a whole different perspective and insight to situations.

Christian Roberts autobiography was very interesting because of the heavy city links.

We could have a book swapsie before a match one day...just imagine all us forum-ites standing on the corner of the Dolman holding our copies of the Lee Trundle book waiting to get a copy of the Del Boy etc

I too really enjoy autobiographies, especially sports people when you can associate what they talk about in their books with your own memories. You get a whole different perspective and insight to situations.

Christian Roberts autobiography was very interesting because of the heavy city links.

Christian Roberts book was a great read, however Shaun Goaters was pretty bland to be honest.

Is there an operating instructions leaflet inside ?

I read UWE Roslers last week. Was a decent read, he's had an interesting life and career to say the least! Just waiting to recieve Pirlos in the post now. Christian Roberts book was decent, for anyone that has read it you now realise why he was so inconsistent on the pitch let's say!

Exactly! Gives an explanation for those fresh air shots he used to do!

Happily lend you my copy if you would like?! This holiday I've also read David Jason's autobiography which was excellent. He was actually asked to audition for the role of Grandad in OFAH and needed to persuade the casting people to let him audition for Delboy and the rest as they say.......

David Jason's autobiography is a great read.

Rather disproves what you were trying your hardest to say.

Not really.

To the rest of the country Bristolians can sound a bit thick, but we all know that accents can be deceiving and that is not the case with City fans at all.

Rovers fans on the other hand actually are thick........  as two short planks.

Plus bitter, twisted, horse punching, brick throwing numbskulls etc.

Not so difficult to understand, unless of course you're a Rovers' fan, and therefore a bit.....thick? :city: 

In Firenze reading the Robin Friday biog - thoroughly recommend as a piece of football social history - if only players these days were renown for doing 'the elephant' in their local nightclub.... Also helps that the book opens with Hayes turning over some minor team down Bristol way.

Rather disproves what you were trying your hardest to say.

I have idea what I was trying to say...as I was a little drunk when I posted it TBH.

However, having spent most of the last few years working all over the country and not being in Bristol, you do really notice the accent when you hear it and it is not the best. I really notice it when I speak to my Mum and she calls my kids "Darling", though you can drop the g for a start.

End of the day, it is what it is and there a several accents I would rather have ours over.

I'm really surprised that a lot of posters on here still toil with physical, printed books. Such terms as 'waiting for it to be delivered' are a thing of the past for the likes of us kindle readers. Come on get with it....it's the 21st century any fans of other teams reading this really would think we're backward regardless of our accent.

Archived