IGNORED

What Was The Point?

Super

Fair point by the OP - exactly the type of game where I would have expected him to come on after 70 mins. Wilbs didn't have a great game tonight but still JET never got a look in. I can only imagine Cotts has decided JET has passed his best before date & will be looking to move him on.

Although it was a decent game I think Cotts opted for a safer option in going 4 at the back.

I think we needed to change it with 20mins to go with JET instead of Wilbrahimovic who less face it wasn't getting any change out of the Ref with those two lumps trying to mount him at every opportunity.

We could've done that & changed the whole outlook.

I would've subbed Elliott for Freeman and left Pack on .

You mean unused sub fee.

In his case, it's probably more expensive not to play him.

And most of all, part of his deal where he knew he'd play in every game.

That's a very interesting angle and one I hadn't thought of. So basically JET is going to come on every game with a minute to go just to cost him a few quid. No wonder he doesn't look too interested when he comes on - he would probably earn more on the bench!

Although it was a decent game I think Cotts opted for a safer option in going 4 at the back.

I think we needed to change it with 20mins to go with JET instead of Wilbrahimovic who less face it wasn't getting any change out of the Ref with those two lumps trying to mount him at every opportunity.

Best post of the night.

Agreed.

Fair point by the OP - exactly the type of game where I would have expected him to come on after 70 mins. Wilbs didn't have a great game tonight but still JET never got a look in. I can only imagine Cotts has decided JET has passed his best before date & will be looking to move him on.

I am afraid this may be the case also. I am an unashamedly huge advocate of JET and I thought that game was crying out for him at 65/70 minutes last night. We weren't really getting at them and we were struggling to get around them, we needed to try something different and he is that.

I don't see the point in having that "different player/another club in the bag" if you are only going to give him 30 seconds of a 93 minute game to do any damage. Unfortunately I think moving on will be the best option for both parties, something which I think will come back to haunt us. I think he will be replaced by a more conventional "pacy hard working" player which seems to be what SC prefers.

Wilbraham looked dead on his feet with 20 minutes left and I was fully expecting JET to come on.

Perhaps Cotterill does not trust JET to do the job he wants him to do in that type of scenario.

Which is strange when you look at his record last season, how much more evidence does he need? 

Archived