IGNORED

Point Gained Or 2 Lost?

Spoons

Thought it was a well contested game by two teams who happened to cancel each other out.

Agreed.

If we can cancel out our rivals, it shows we can contest with the top end teams.

Beating other promotion favourites are a huge bonus, considering distance travelled with SC.

I'd say both, point gained like has been said as last season we wouldn't of drew but also it's 2 points lost on the bases that if our goal that should been wasn't struck off for what was a keepers mistake then we would of won going on the fact they didn't score,

I know had it been counted they might of attacked more ending up with them scoring then maybe getting ahead but also this would left them open for us to score again which I think would been the case, so after thinking about it would probably sway to two points dropped just.

defo a game of not wanting to lose for both sides. We held our own. Still not sure why the goal was not accepted by the ref, who i feel had a poor game

I think the ref was poor as well & few more players sounded like they should been cautioned.

Seems like refs are giving fouls on keepers a lot recently I've noticed when imo the keepers the one who is committing it but they won't give that due to it being a soft penalty & the amount they'd be giving, I understand keepers should be protected but it's a bit OTT when a person jumps to put his head on it & because the keeper has gone for it jumped later causing his own arms to collide with said persons it's a foul, na don't think so.

Point gained. It's a long season and we are unbeaten after 3.

7 points from these first 3 fixtures is a good return that we all would've taken. Lets nkt forget that we haven't exactly looked world besters yet.

After the past few years we are making small steps in the right direction.

I think we definately had more of the ball and more attempts on goal but they had the better efforts, except for our disallowed goal. All in all would have been happy with a point before the game but disappointed not to get all three, but they could have so easily nicked it from us too. I was saying all game they are going to have one chance and score, glad I was wrong.

A point gained, we are still in a get to know you period with 6 new players, any points gained in the first few months are a bonus.

Get to January February time, then it may have been classed as points dropped.

Agree and if the ref hadn't made a dodgy call we'd be very happy bunnies!

True, from where I was sat I wasn't sure why it'd been disallowed. SC was in no uncertain mind that it was a wrong call though. Thought the forum might have been going a little more apeshit over it than it has, tbh.

That said, apart from more Russian Roulette at the back at times for any person's ticker to have to take, and us not creating enough goal-scoring opportunities - we looked like a competent side.

Think it was Williams who could/should have buried that header at the death.

We had one shot on target, certainly second half Orient looked more likely to nick the win. I was happy with the point.

That may have technically been the stat but we had plenty of opportunities, I thought Orients 4 shots on target were predominently us giving the ball to Henderson or the defence 'letting one of their players shoot' from quite a distance.

The only one that caused problems was the one that dipped and swerved right infront of FF and a couple of crosses.

Oh and yes WTFIGO?! Ayling, should have buried that - the team was right to be patient despite the clock ticking down and the opportunity came

We may have had one shot actually on target... Does that count the amount that they blocked and went out for corners? 

We did have a few blocked but also seemed a reluctance to shoot a lot of the time.

I think the ref was poor as well & few more players sounded like they should been cautioned.

Seems like refs are giving fouls on keepers a lot recently I've noticed when imo the keepers the one who is committing it but they won't give that due to it being a soft penalty & the amount they'd be giving, I understand keepers should be protected but it's a bit OTT when a person jumps to put his head on it & because the keeper has gone for it jumped later causing his own arms to collide with said persons it's a foul, na don't think so.

But strangely he didn't card Henderson for his cynical attempt to hobble Frank well after he had caught the ball.

I agree, we got little joy from that bald c-. Orient were a physical side, but the ref appeared to think that Aaron Wilbraham just throws himself on the pitch for fun....

Archived