IGNORED

Fao David Lloyd

Gillies Downs Leeds

With regards to your announcement over the tannoy post match, I would suggest that you perhaps arm yourself with all of the information before praising sections of the crowd. Whilst you are correct in saying that the support from blocks E & F Williams were indeed very good, the same problems from Saturday still existed. People who i assume being "Eastenders" were persistently standing in Block "D" and second half there were between 25 & 30 people who were not around in the first half standing in the aisle between blocks "D" and "E". Surely this is an health & safety issue yet stewards who were looking straight at them did absolutely nothing. I will be contacting the club with my views tomorrow. 

With regards to your announcement over the tannoy post match, I would suggest that you perhaps arm yourself with all of the information before praising sections of the crowd. Whilst you are correct in saying that the support from blocks E & F Williams were indeed very good, the same problems from Saturday still existed. People who i assume being "Eastenders" were persistently standing in Block "D" and second half there were between 25 & 30 people who were not around in the first half standing in the aisle between blocks "D" and "E". Surely this is an health & safety issue yet stewards who were looking straight at them did absolutely nothing. I will be contacting the club with my views tomorrow. 

Standing at football matches, what a disgrace. They sang too. Whatever next?

Just a suggestion too in the dolman hall why don't you scrap the women's toilets inside (eastend end) and make them into mens toilets as the cues for mens toilets were extreamly long and I'm sure with the other female toilets within the dolman would be sufficient. Not sure how plausible this would be e.g cost and amount of time the toilet situation is going to be like this but perhaps this could be looked into. Set aside the cost to change the toilets and think of the extra revenue the club could make from all the men cueing up for food or drink instead of the toilet ....

All makes me think that the sooner one of our daft politicians finally mans up and takes the hot potato that is the safe standing issue by the balls - the better.

They've actually got an ever-growing health and safety issue on their hands if they don't.

What's with the "head" steward making up rules aswell? I was sat in E block fine no problems had ticket checked twice not a problem. Issue I have is the steward telling other stewards that the front row of E block behind the white wall is all seating? Since when. That's never been mentioned before.

We are aware of those issues. Making this area work presents a set of challenges for fans and staff alike. Over the next few games our stewards will work with supporters to make sure that gangways are kept clear and that people remain seated in areas where that is the rule.

Just a suggestion too in the dolman hall why don't you scrap the women's toilets inside (eastend end) and make them into mens toilets as the cues for mens toilets were extreamly long and I'm sure with the other female toilets within the dolman would be sufficient. Not sure how plausible this would be e.g cost and amount of time the toilet situation is going to be like this but perhaps this could be looked into. Set aside the cost to change the toilets and think of the extra revenue the club could make from all the men cueing up for food or drink instead of the toilet ....

The Dolman concourse will be extensively renovated next year. Changes will include the addition of extra toilet facilities for everyone.

What's with the "head" steward making up rules aswell? I was sat in E block fine no problems had ticket checked twice not a problem. Issue I have is the steward telling other stewards that the front row of E block behind the white wall is all seating? Since when. That's never been mentioned before.

He wasn't making anything up. The front two rows, as well as the lower left block E are supposed to be strictly seated in order to help keep gangways clear and so that those seated in block D can see the pitch. Everyone who bought a ticket in those seats was told this at the point of purchase. Over the next few games staff will work with fans to reinforce that message and make sure that the singing section is a success and a place where fans can support their team in safety.

What was the announcement?

A thank you to the Williams Eastenders for co-operation and a reminder about consequences to be expected re any thoughts of smoke bombs.

Thought it was a good touch in itself but this is clearly going to be an on-going issue.

Safe-standing is the only obvious solution, imo. But how long have we been saying that to the dopey authorities ?

A thank you to the Williams Eastenders for co-operation and a reminder about consequences to be expected re any thoughts of smoke bombs.

Thought it was a good touch in itself but this is clearly going to be an on-going issue.

Safe-standing is the only obvious solution, imo. But how long have we been saying that to the dopey authorities ?

Not much notice taken of that then!

Just whilst you are on this thread Dave, what is the policy of ticket checking within the Dolman? I was with another person last night who had given me his ticket for safekeeping after we had entered the turnstiles. I was watching the players warm up before the match and he went off to the toilet in the Dolman hall. He was asked for his ticket before entry, he explained he didn't have it but only wanted to use the toilet and he was a Dolman ST holder. After a bit of discussion they let him in.

Ok he could easily have walked back along the length of the Dolman and found me, but that's not the point. I thought only Dolman ticket holders, ST's and POTD tickets had access to the Dolman Hall (for food, drink and toilets) so once we had got through the turnstiles we shouldn't need tickets checked again as any person not authorised to be there could not have got in anyway?

There was a smoke bomb. I know some people think they are harmless and will continue to try and bring them in, but the club, the safety authorities and the police don't share that view.

The person responsible for Saturdays smoke bomb has been arrested and bailed.

They are now banned from Ashton Gate.

If found guilty the police will push for a three year national ban. They could even face a six month prison sentence.

Once we identify the person (s) responsible for last night's smoke bomb, then the same process will happen, and so on and so on.

Anyone who thinks it's ok to bring flares, smoke bombs etc into Ashton Gate might need to get used to listening to matches on Radio Bristol for the next 3 years.

I know people will hold a different view, and you can debate the pros and cons as much as you like, but that is very clearly the club's policy.

Just whilst you are on this thread Dave, what is the policy of ticket checking within the Dolman? I was with another person last night who had given me his ticket for safekeeping after we had entered the turnstiles. I was watching the players warm up before the match and he went off to the toilet in the Dolman hall. He was asked for his ticket before entry, he explained he didn't have it but only wanted to use the toilet and he was a Dolman ST holder. After a bit of discussion they let him in.

Ok he could easily have walked back along the length of the Dolman and found me, but that's not the point. I thought only Dolman ticket holders, ST's and POTD tickets had access to the Dolman Hall (for food, drink and toilets) so once we had got through the turnstiles we shouldn't need tickets checked again as any person not authorised to be there could not have got in anyway?

Not sure why this happened, and it shouldn't have. Stewards do need to check numbers in the dolman but I don't see why they need to see your ticket.

• Admin

Another quick question

At the start of the night a steward was positioned at the bottom of the stairs leading up to where access to A block in the Dolman was, and stopping people using this as an entrance point

I asked why he was stopping people using the stairs as a point of entrance, he just replied he was told not to let anyone use the stairs...

At half time people got past the steward at the top and were able to use the stairs as an exit point - and the guy just gave up after this.

Is this going to be the norm? as even though A block is closed, it is still a vital enty / exit point

Not sure why this happened, and it shouldn't have. Stewards do need to check numbers in the dolman but I don't see why they need to see your ticket.

Thanks for that. Maybe another thing that can be mentioned as I went in there myself about 15 minutes later and there weren't any queues etc.

There was a smoke bomb. I know some people think they are harmless and will continue to try and bring them in, but the club, the safety authorities and the police don't share that view.

If found guilty the police will push for a three year national ban. They could even face a six month prison sentence.

Once we identify the person (s) responsible for last night's smoke bomb, then the same process will happen, and so on and so on.

Anyone who thinks it's ok to bring flares, smoke bombs etc into Ashton Gate might need to get used to listening to matches on Radio Bristol for the next 3 years.

I know people will hold a different view, and you can debate the pros and cons as much as you like, but that is very clearly the club's policy.

So you can wear Stone Island, but not flares.

Is it me, or is watching football at Ashton Gate getting increasingly complicated these days.

Genuine question, Dave. Why, when you see smoke bombs let off in other grounds and you only see a mere line of stewards dividing hoards of Liverpool/Manchester United supporters (for example) is our security as strict as it is? Whole stands are stood throughout the match at places like Tottenham etc.

Not being argumentative for the sake of it but it does seem all a little OTT at City. Just wondering if you had any insight in to this? Yes, the Rovers game was a let down but other than that there's not been any actual crowd trouble in or around AG for years.

Total overreaction - would be good if someone could create a similar product that isn't perceived as "dangerous" - no idea how this could be done mind you..

He wasn't making anything up. The front two rows, as well as the lower left block E are supposed to be strictly seated in order to help keep gangways clear and so that those seated in block D can see the pitch. Everyone who bought a ticket in those seats was told this at the point of purchase. Over the next few games staff will work with fans to reinforce that message and make sure that the singing section is a success and a place where fans can support their team in safety.

I'm not talking about the walk ways I'm talking about lower right block E (camera block). The 2 rows in front of the red bars and behind the white wall separating E and F blocks. This area was always specifically stated as a tolerated standing area on here and when purchasing.

I understand the problems the stewards have from standing by them last night there was at least 40 people trying to get into E block with D and F tickets but to start changing the rules saying you cant stand in the row directly behind the white wall, just seems petty and adding problems that they don't need to. 

Total overreaction - would be good if someone could create a similar product that isn't perceived as "dangerous" - no idea how this could be done mind you..

Interesting, maybe something similar to a vapour cigarette that gives off coloured 'smoke'. Non toxic and non combustible.

Dragons Den here I come. No Vapour No Party

Archived