IGNORED

New England Captain

IdliketoRogerMoore

Not claiming to be more knowledgeable than Roy robin 88, but personally I would never give the England captaincy to somebody who has openly stated that he puts club before country, bit surprised at your continued aggressive responses to anybody who holds a different opinion to you, as a member of our esteemed fans Parliament surely you should welcome Democratic debate !

Not claiming to be more knowledgeable than Roy robin 88, but personally I would never give the England captaincy to somebody who has openly stated that he puts club before country, bit surprised at your continued aggressive responses to anybody who holds a different opinion to you, as a member of our esteemed fans Parliament surely you should welcome Democratic debate !

Sorry Timothy but I'm nothing to do with the FP, not like you to make a gaping error like that.

It's frustrating when people don't even attempt to weigh up the evidence in front of them. He took two trainers with him on his holiday to put him in the best possible condition. He was in an oxygen tent in 2006 to try and play some part in that tournament. How can you possibly question his commitment to the international team?

At least he's honest. I reckon most of them are the same and I can't say I blame them.

Sorry robin, your constant defence of the fans Parliament led me to believe that you were very much on the inside, dream that you shoot peoples criticsm of meetings down when you havnt actually attended the meeting yourself, my doubt of rooneys commitment to England comes from the fact that he constantly pulls out of England friendless and then plays for man united in their nevt match, he has openly stated on TV that he would put club before country, these are my opinions also the fact that he sets a disgraceful example to young players, the fact that I hold these opinions does categorically NOT mean that I think that I know more about football than Roy Hodgson, I Do know for a fact that his football knowledge is far greater than mine, unlike you however I believe that people are allowed to hold different opinions, I await your usual aggressive reply !

Sorry Timothy, does holding a different opinion to you (I've posted once on the FP in months by the way) now mean a 'constant defence'? What was that about aggressive responses?

Rooney has played in each of England's last 10 friendlies stretching back to 2012 and missed the previous one because Roy wanted to rest him. Wrong again Timothy. Any other pearls of wisdom?

• Admin

He took two trainers with him on his holiday to put him in the best possible condition. He was in an oxygen tent in 2006 to try and play some part in that tournament. How can you possibly question his commitment to the international team?

Is he "really" committed or is it a case of his sponsors putting pressure on him? akin to Ronaldo for Brazil in the in the WC Final in '98?

I would be committed to playing for England but not sure that makes me the best choice

Is he "really" committed or is it a case of his sponsors putting pressure on him? akin to Ronaldo for Brazil in the in the WC Final in '98?

I would be committed to playing for England but not sure that makes me the best choice

It's a bit rich to question his desire based on something you've essentially made up.

You probably wouldn't be the best choice, but then I doubt you've scored 40 goals for England or netted the goals to get us to the World Cup.

Sorry Timothy but I'm nothing to do with the FP, not like you to make a gaping error like that.

It's frustrating when people don't even attempt to weigh up the evidence in front of them. He took two trainers with him on his holiday to put him in the best possible condition. He was in an oxygen tent in 2006 to try and play some part in that tournament. How can you possibly question his commitment to the international team?

Left foot and right foot?

• Admin

It's a bit rich to question his desire based on something you've essentially made up.

You probably wouldn't be the best choice, but then I doubt you've scored 40 goals for England or netted the goals to get us to the World Cup.

Made up ? Maybe ? But neither of us can prove it either way!

Like I said above he's got it on the amount of games played - is he the best person to captain the side ?

It would seem a large amount of people clearly not think so

Nope robin no more pearls of wisdom as you sarcastically put it, you constantly mock anything I say, you call other people stupid and only the other day told somebody that they were talking Bollocks ( your word exactly ) I think that was a pretty aggressive response to somebody who merely happened to disagree with you, btw I'm a long way from being the only one sceptical about the new England captain, why single me out for your trade mark sarcasm ? personal is it ?

Nope robin no more pearls of wisdom as you sarcastically put it, you constantly mock anything I say, you call other people stupid and only the other day told somebody that they were talking Bollocks ( your word exactly ) I think that was a pretty aggressive response to somebody who merely happened to disagree with you, btw I'm a long way from being the only one sceptical about the new England captain, why single me out for your trade mark sarcasm ? personal is it ?

No Timothy, no one's out to get you, and your replies are equally sarcastic. You know that.

But if you will keep saying things like 'Rooney pulls out of friendlies' when he doesn't and just making facts up, people will keep disagreeing with you.

No Timothy, no one's out to get you, and your replies are equally sarcastic. You know that.

But if you will keep saying things like 'Rooney pulls out of friendlies' when he doesn't and just making facts up, people will keep disagreeing with you.

You'll be in the minority here I'm afraid Robin 88,  Rooney has proven time and time again he is not a leader.  He is hot headed and constantly underperforms in the tournaments (the games which actually matter).  Not to mention how he threw his toys out the pram to try and force a move from Man Utd a few years ago.

Joe Hart on the other hand, was 100% supportive of Pantillimon when he lost his place and worked hard to get it back.  Add to that, unlike Rooney, Ive never heard of Hart being in the media for anything controversial and the fact he is very vocal...

Well lets just put it this way, If it were up to me I would have picked the better man and the better leader.

You'll be in the minority here I'm afraid Robin 88,  Rooney has proven time and time again he is not a leader.  He is hot headed and constantly underperforms in the tournaments (the games which actually matter).  Not to mention how he threw his toys out the pram to try and force a move from Man Utd a few years ago.

Joe Hart on the other hand, was 100% supportive of Pantillimon when he lost his place and worked hard to get it back.  Add to that, unlike Rooney, Ive never heard of Hart being in the media for anything controversial and the fact he is very vocal...

Well lets just put it this way, If it were up to me I would have picked the better man and the better leader.

There were five shots opposing on target in the first two games at the WC, four went in! Rooney dragged us kicking and screaming to the World Cup with his goals, and was one of our better performers.

Is this the worst England Squad of all time? Got to be up there.

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City)

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), John Stones (Everton)

Midfielders: Jack Colback (Newcastle United), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal) Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Forwards: Rickie Lambert (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)

Archived