IGNORED

Scottish Independence

SARJ

I agree with both the previous posts.

The largest issue for me in all this is, the Scots are actually voting on whether we should break up the Union and on that basis I'm more than a little mystified why the rest of us aren't also having a vote...as surely it will effect everyone else just as much as the Scots.

I think Cameron would be too frighten to allow this as the English might just vote to go it alone which personally I think we should.

Not sure how the "others" would react to their financial life line being taken away though.

If it's a yes - we should do a Russia and send troops to 'protect' our fellow Britons.

.....sorry mate but I'd have to do a runner and fly off if I had to face the Scottish Black Watch regiment. We could negotiate hostage swap deals whereby we send them Tony Blair and other useless jockstraps - we'd probably have to pay Scotland to take the twerp back. :D

I think if it's a No vote England, Wales and NI should get a vote on whether or not we want to keep them.

I'd vote for their Independence just so I could stop hearing about Scotch kick and rush.

I don't know why anybody thinks it would affect our economy except to make it stronger either.

I find the yes campaigns constant do you want to governed by the English dirty, offensive and I hope they loose. The SNP seem to have spent the money from oil not once but three times in their figures and I'm sure a yes vote will cause another recession.

I think if it's a No vote England, Wales and NI should get a vote on whether or not we want to keep them.

I'd vote for their Independence just so I could stop hearing about Scotch kick and rush.

I don't know why anybody thinks it would affect our economy except to make it stronger either.

I think in the short term it will have an impact the cost of separating will be massive and markets are fickle, however in the long term your probably right.

Anybody voting "Yes" is missing the bigger picture.

In splitting Scotland would become a powerless minnow in the EU and will have to follow every single rule and regulation without any influence on making those policies work for Scotland; they will have as much influence as Luxembourg.

Only the big, powerful nations get to set rules that suit themsleves.  Scotland is currently ruled from Westminster but it has a big influence there and Westminster wields real power in the EU.

Go independent and it becomes no longer ruled by Westminster; instead the rules will still be set outside of Scotland but their ability to influence them will be tiny.

It also weakens the UK's influence in the EU; but the UK loses a lot less than Scotland does.  It would still be a major player; up there with France, Germany and Italy.

Forget oil, public spending, nuclear weapons, free prescriptions, deep-fired mars bars etc. as these are mere bagatelles.

If the vote is Yes then Scotland will at one stroke lose all the power and influence it currently has and become a mere spectator at the EU table.  Mind I'm sure they'll have an enjoyable party before that realisation dawns.

I loved the quote the other day,

"No Pound, No Debt" basically threatoning us saying if we don't let them have the pound they won't pay their share of the debt........it doesn't work like that just look at Argintina for example

We'll keep their gold reserves then and then drag them through the courts to get the debt paid.

It's all short term fluff designed to bamboozle the voters.  Whatever independence gains them in the short term will all be swept away by the loss of their sovereign powers to Europe and any amount of Saltire waving won't help them then.

I find the yes campaigns constant do you want to governed by the English dirty, offensive and I hope they loose. The SNP seem to have spent the money from oil not once but three times in their figures and I'm sure a yes vote will cause another recession.

Thatcher spent most of the oil money on tax cuts and paying for the 4 plus million she threw on the dole.

Thatcher spent most of the oil money on tax cuts and paying for the 4 plus million she threw on the dole.

If Scotland gets independence I hope that the Labour Party lawyer liar and warmonger that is Tony Blair can be deported from England back to his native Scotland. Why should the English taxpayer have to stand the cost of his 24/7 protection?

If I was Scotish I would vote Yes. To vote no would be an act of emasculation. The scotch need to grow some and forge their own destiny.

As it happens I'm English and quite happy lording it over the ginger wig skirt wearers.

just need to invade them if they say yes to independence, take their oil and sell it back to em. Everybody is happy, or should I say everyone that counts is happy.

I would prefer a No vote:  notwithstanding my general belief that Labour horrendously squandered their last period of power, Labour's reduced ability to oust the Tories in future elections is a likely result of no Scottish MPs in Westminster.

After the Labour Party's cover up of the activities of the Muslim grooming and rape gangs I never want to see a Labour government ever again.

I would prefer a No vote:  notwithstanding my general belief that Labour horrendously squandered their last period of power, Labour's reduced ability to oust the Tories in future elections is a likely result of no Scottish MPs in Westminster.

As I may have said before every cloud and all that.

From what I can make out the transition if there was a yes vote would be confused to say the least, we would have a normal UK general election in may 2015 (including Scottish seats) and the Scot's will not get independence until 2016, when presumably those Scottish MP's elected in 2015 will be sent home and the rest of the Union will either possibly get a different government by default, or it won't make any difference or another general election, seems to me another giant sized **** up where nobody actually believed that a yes vote was possible.

Think a 'yes' vote would be a disaster for all of us.

However, even if the Government isn't thinking about an independent Jockland, we should. So in the event of a 'yes' vote we need to exploit the positives. So to start compiling a list...

1) Retain British Summer Time so nice lighter evenings down here

2) No more Highland Spring water, it'll be Buxton for me = loads more English jobs

3) No more Scottish politicians on our screens or governing us .. so Brown, you pollock, go ruin your own economy and the smary Salmon bloke, just sod off will you

4) No more Scottish Football results

5) as my ex wife now lives in Scotland, the thought she will be living in a foreign country

Archived