IGNORED

Bcfc: British Or English?

SARJ

Bring your flag to the next 3 Lions flag day it will be alongside a collection of St Georges, Ensigns, Union Jacks, the horizontal tricolour of the Netherlands and more.

I also know a contingent of lads in the Eastend who have this similar ideology ... Google Three Lions flag day - The same flags were a part of the Eastend for most of 2007 - 2014.

I am English but also British and proud. I think the Union flag is the most impressive flag of all nations. Nothing wrong with the St George flag but the Union flag has something special about it. Get the Union flag out at Meadow Lane and if anybody tries to tell them you should be ashamed of our flag tell them to do one. And by the way there is no danger of the Scots voting to leave the Union, I think the victory could even be as decisive as 60+ NO.

Final point, for anyone who thinks it has been hijacked by the far right, foreign visitors to Britain always purchase goods sporting the Union flag as opposed to the St George one and more recent actions by the EDL has left the St George flag more tainted by the far right IMO.

Prefer the St Georges cross myself as feel you're not allowed to be English got be British as seen as racist otherwise but perfectly fine to Welsh Scottish etc, like sglosbcfc said I'm English from Britain if anyone comes attack our island I'll fight next to them then once we've dealt with them we can go back to fighting each other :-)

English first, then British. However I am very proud to be both. I think for a City flag st George's flag is better however a union jack in my opinion is the most aesthetically pleasing flag in the world. So bring it a long, would love to see it and whoever told you off about it is a right t****r. We are English yet we are also British and should be proud of our history and heritage.

One side note, I think its sad that in the modern day it is often seen to be racist to be proud of your country and to show a st.George's cross(flag) or even to celebrate st.George's day which no one seems to do however St David's day and St.Patricks day are passionately celebrated. It almost seems at the moment that to say I'm English and proud canbe considered as racist behaviour.

Four or five years ago a friend of mine was looking for a small Union Jack flag to put on his hot air balloon and all he could find were the cross of St George flags. I asked him why not have that instead and he said to him it was too heavily associated with football or the far right ( he isn't a football fan). He said the Union Jack had more 'country of birth' meaning to him. He also said it meant 'quality and pride' to him, Olympics and other sports rather than football.

I'm both. I feel like I'm English in the British family. We're the big brother that keeps everyone together. Scotland has middle child syndrome and craves to be eldest. Wales is like the dizzy one that isn't quite sure what's going on so big brother helps him along. N.Ireland is the tough little one who has always had to fight hard to keep up with his three elder brothers. 

Might have to get a European flag made up with Bristol city on it. Looking at the history of the English, it seems that we all come from Europe. Even the first hunters and gatherers on this land came from Europe.

If you want to look further back in time we all originally came from Africa. A small hunting and gathering tribe in Africa and they are still their today, it is a funny old world. All this racism is really laughable when you think about it.

Might have to get a European flag made up with Bristol city on it. Looking at the history of the English, it seems that we all come from Europe. Even the first hunters and gatherers on this land came from Europe.

If you want to look further back in time we all originally came from Africa. A small hunting and gathering tribe in Africa and they are still their today, it is a funny old world. All this racism is really laughable when you think about it.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.  A EU flag?  Whatever next?  You should be ashamed of yourself.

It's blue.  :cool:

I really do hope that Red Gobl......err Mr Mosquito, reads that !

:laughcont:

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.  A EU flag?  Whatever next?  You should be ashamed of yourself.

It's blue.  :cool:

Might have to get in touch with my European MP to get it changed, cant have blue. What about a white background with a red cross and a circle of black stars?

Might have to get in touch with my European MP to get it changed, cant have blue. What about a white background with a red cross and a circle of black stars?

Let's compromise.  We'll go with your suggestion except the circle of black stars. OK?

Archived