IGNORED

Swansea City Bristol Post

Redstoke

Copied and pasted from todays Bristol post! swansea city fc academy are holding a series of training days for players aged 7 to 14 at Clifton college sports ground.The first sesssion is on monday 8th September at 5.30 pm please contact Shawn 07717310477 Or Simon 07881279100 for further information and registration..Makes my fu**ing blood boil reading stuff like this.

For me it's Wigan ,amongst many others ,who left us for dead .

I remember an article in one of the Footy mags where they interviewed Dave Whelan and Steve Lansdown and i recall thinking "Whelan you're being ridiculous .Wigan are a Rugby town ,3000 football supporters ,you 'avin a bubble "

On the other hand SL's plans for promotion to the championship and then a push for the prem were totally conceivable .

The rest as they say is history .

However two comments;

We must make the club as interesting as possible for prospective players.

I really think that we are now ,finally,on the right track.How long did it take for "the penny to drop ?"

Copied and pasted from todays Bristol post! swansea city fc academy are holding a series of training days for players aged 7 to 14 at Clifton college sports ground.The first sesssion is on monday 8th September at 5.30 pm please contact Shawn 07717310477 Or Simon 07881279100 for further information and registration..Makes my fu**ing blood boil reading stuff like this.

Pretty sure that is not copied and pasted!

Do you know what makes MY blood boil ?

ELECTRIC CHAIRS  !

Not so much because of the training days but more so because Swansea bloody city are now so far ahead of us!!

Fair play to them, it's not long ago they were playing at the vetch in front of 3k! ( loved that away end)

Ten years ago, Swansea were a very similar proposition to Rovers. Trouble is, only Rovers had the consistency with the awful ground/3,000 gates strategy. Swansea weren't able to sustain it.

Last season I went down to watch a Youth Cup match, sat in front of me were 3 men in Swansea tracksuits making notes, afterwards then went down onto the pitch, shook hands with our coaches and wandered off down the tunnel. Seem there is a general acceptance that the Prem clubs can do what they want and we can't do anything about it.

Last season I went down to watch a Youth Cup match, sat in front of me were 3 men in Swansea tracksuits making notes, afterwards then went down onto the pitch, shook hands with our coaches and wandered off down the tunnel. Seem there is a general acceptance that the Prem clubs can do what they want and we can't do anything about it.

anyone with a lvl 1 acadmney can we can do that to the gas if we wanted and there is nothing they can do about it,

The sooner we go for Cat 1 the better

Found this from the Mail when Reading got Cat 1 status;

The following clubs have the elite Category One status under the Premier League's Elite Players Performance Plan (EPPP).

Some clubs choose not to publicise their status when it is awarded. Crystal Palace and Newcastle United are believed to be close to Category One if they haven't achieved it already.

Arsenal

Aston Villa

Bolton Wanderers (Championship)

Blackburn Rovers (Championship)

Chelsea

Everton

Fulham

Leicester City (Championship)

Liverpool

Manchester City

Manchester United

Middlesbrough (Championship)

Norwich City

Southampton

Stoke City

Sunderland

Tottenham

West Bromwich Albion

West Ham United

Wolverhampton Wanderers (Championship)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2361837/Reading-join-elite-list-academies-following-Premier-League-audit.html#ixzz3C9VvAwtE 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This is quite an interesting subject...

There are "strict" rules regarding the travel times that clubs are allowed to extend their academy reaches which, in most cases, would preclude Swansea taking almost any youngsters from the Bristol & Bath area.

For up to age 11, it's one hour travel, for 11-16 it's 1hr 30.

Now, you clearly have to use National speed limits to calculate this and, whilst it's close, Bedminster 1hr 40, Clifton 1hr 38, Yate 1hr 43...they would be in very dangerous territory.

I would suggest therefore that SCFC were sailing very close to the wind by extending their reach over the Bridge. It's understandable, because they are so far from any other major population centres but, if I were the club I would be keeping a close eye on it...

Of course, they could do what the real big clubs do...buy the parents a house and move them...but Swansea certainly aren't in that league.

This is quite an interesting subject...

There are "strict" rules regarding the travel times that clubs are allowed to extend their academy reaches which, in most cases, would preclude Swansea taking almost any youngsters from the Bristol & Bath area.

For up to age 11, it's one hour travel, for 11-16 it's 1hr 30.

Now, you clearly have to use National speed limits to calculate this and, whilst it's close, Bedminster 1hr 40, Clifton 1hr 38, Yate 1hr 43...they would be in very dangerous territory.

I would suggest therefore that SCFC were sailing very close to the wind by extending their reach over the Bridge. It's understandable, because they are so far from any other major population centres but, if I were the club I would be keeping a close eye on it...

Of course, they could do what the real big clubs do...buy the parents a house and move them...but Swansea certainly aren't in that league.

Those time scales are under the old system. That's all changed under EPPP.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_Player_Performance_Plan

Those time scales are under the old system. That's all changed under EPPP.http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_Player_Performance_Plan

Hmm...and as we say in these parts "back at ya" ( actually, we don't say that, it just seemed right!)..sort of..

http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/documents/charter-for-academy-players-and-parents-2014-15-pdf274-1882899.pdf

http://www.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/other/charter-academy-players-parents-2013-2014.pdf

The first is the very latest footbal league charter (August 18th), with same code as the Prem, and the second is last years prem charter (they are too busy counting their money to do one for this year.) The 90 minute rules still (broadly) apply.

There is a caveat that if taken on to full time training it would mean the abolition of 90 mins, but that only applies to a Cat 1 academy clubs (Swansea aren't) and above age 12. Basically, if you want to run a Barcelona type scheme you could do, it but it's astronomically expensive.

Of course, the Welsh FA may even run their own special rules where clubs claim diplomatic immunity as they cross the border..they've been known to do there own thing in the past!

The amount of 12-16's who go on to make it is such a tiny fraction, as a parent Id seriously only consider sending my boy there if my local academy was very inferior to what was on offer, in this case the academy structure of SCFC & BCFC is identical, the only difference is that the first teams play in different leagues....

The funny thing is, the number of ex "Bristol" boys playing pro football anywhere but locally is absolutely shocking. Other than the lad at Newcastle who is making headlines, and 1 goalkeeper, the numbers are not worth noting...so we are hardly rich pickings over here for the diamond in the rough...Perhaps it's all those rugby players we breed..

Archived