IGNORED

Change Our Colour .

Major Isewater

No this is not a racist thread iam just ,like JET,thinking outside the box so bear with me.

Playing in Red does not distinguish us from the hundreds of other clubs who wear the same colour.

When a photo appears of a player wearing red i imagine the vast majority of folk would think it's Man. Utd ,Liverpool or Arsenal...

We seem to have a Monopoly on Purple and Lime so why don't we adopt those colours as our own and create our history so whenever people see those colours they think of the mighty Bristol City ?

I wait to be shot down by the traditionalists who cling to our magnificent years full of trophies and championships won whilst playing in red.

No this is not a racist thread iam just ,like JET,thinking outside the box so bear with me.

Playing in Red does not distinguish us from the hundreds of other clubs who wear the same colour.

When a photo appears of a player wearing red i imagine the vast majority of folk would think it's Man. Utd ,Liverpool or Arsenal...

We seem to have a Monopoly on Purple and Lime so why don't we adopt those colours as our own and create our history so whenever people see those colours they think of the mighty Bristol City ?

I wait to be shot down by the traditionalists who cling to our magnificent years full of trophies and championships won whilst playing in red.

hehe, keep the red but change our away kit to purple and lime :)

Good idea.

"Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuum on yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu purple and limes"

"When the purple and lime, purple and lime robin comes bob bob bobbin' along" 

"Purple and lime army, purple and lime army, purple and lime army"

Just trips off the tongue.

:)

Good idea.

Ok ,joking aside,no one sings "the red ,red robin" song .

"Purple Army" why not ?

Is there anything more inspiring than "C'mon you Reds" ?

For me "Yes there is" ,i always find the chant slow and dirge like ,like the national anthem.

Anyway we can be original ,why do we have to copy all the other clubs.?

Good idea.

Don't spell it like that because I have a Purple and Lime shirt and I don't want to spend 90 minutes watching my back

Ok ,joking aside,no one sings "the red ,red robin" song .

"Purple Army" why not ?

For me "Yes there is" ,i always find the chant slow and dirge like ,like the national anthem.

Anyway we can be original ,why do we have to copy all the other clubs.?

ATB, my comments were, as is usually the case, tongue in cheek.

Having said that, it is interesting to see the reaction of City fans to any suggestion that ground  sharing with the egg chasers might see their colours being somehow integrated. The implication being  that red IS our colour. 

Also, I am sure I read somewhere that analysis of all league clubs found  that teams wearing red are more successful than any other colour, so why buck the trend 

• Admin

To me red resembles Bristol City, not Liverpool Man utd or any other team, red in our City represents Bristols bigger club.. who cares what other people think??

And for god sakes if we do ever change our kit don't ever change to purple and lime.. :grr:

100% with you, red is for Bristol City NOT any of the other teams mentioned

Not really sure where the love in for the P&L comes from, yeah we beat Liverpool wearing that colour, but has everyone forgot how dire it was under Russell Osman that season ?

If we want a bit of individuality how about getting behind the scheme to get the robin back as the club badge rather than the shared coat of arms?

ATB, my comments were, as is usually the case, tongue in cheek.

Having said that, it is interesting to see the reaction of City fans to any suggestion that ground sharing with the egg chasers might see their colours being somehow integrated. The implication being that red IS our colour.

Also, I am sure I read somewhere that analysis of all league clubs found that teams wearing red are more successful than any other colour, so why buck the trend

I think historically we have already have bucked that particular trend .

We have alsowon away twice this season in Purple ,oh and once at Anfield where the opposition were playing in red.

Not really sure where the love in for the P&L comes from, yeah we beat Liverpool wearing that colour, but has everyone forgot how dire it was under Russell Osman that season ?

If we want a bit of individuality how about getting behind the scheme to get the robin back as the club badge rather than the shared coat of arms?

You see ,even our nickname is n't unique !

I perfer the coat of arms myself, but think we should have the coat of arms on the home kit and robin on the away, then switch it every season that way fans get the best of both worlds

Anything would be more inspiring than "C'mon you Reds".

What the hell is C'mon - it should be "Come on".

I'm pretty sure "C'mon Bris" was originally on a poster campaign for the egg chasers. More suited to persuading your cat to sit on your lap than inspiring sportsmen.

And Bris is short for Brislington, not Bristol.

Ahh, that's better.

Archived