IGNORED

The Politics Thread

Barrs Court Red

Will Labour actually come out with any policies next week, or can we expect more waffle?

I guess now the Scottish revolt has been put down the general election 2015 campaigns will start up.

So far we no the Tory party will offer a 2017 EU election. Will we also see the offer of further powers for English MPs, hinted at this morning?

What of the Lib Fems? Apart from their toy town councillor s introducing reduced speed limits where they can, they seem to have vanished from mainstream politics.

Exciting stuff

Will Labour actually come out with any policies next week, or can we expect more waffle?

I guess now the Scottish revolt has been put down the general election 2015 campaigns will start up.

So far we no the Tory party will offer a 2017 EU election. Will we also see the offer of further powers for English MPs, hinted at this morning?

What of the Lib Fems? Apart from their toy town councillor s introducing reduced speed limits where they can, they seem to have vanished from mainstream politics.

Exciting stuff

If only. They're still one and the same and there is no REAL choice offered to the voter.

Spoil my ballot next year unless something drastic happens.

I think we're about to see the biggest change in politics for a generation

I agree. I hope the next parliament will see genuine moves towards a federal devolution of the UK and I suspect it'll lead to an EU referendum, which I'm not especially keen on but the democratic process of which can't really be disputed

I think those dirty jocks and their mandate-less referendum have probably changed British politics forever

On the party conferences, we'll get more of the same shit I imagine. I doubt anyone will be prepared to reveal their full hand yet so the best we can hope for is a hint at policy. As KITR points out though, the differences between those policies is going to be largely superficial

• Admin

You should do, its your life that get effected by it!

I don't think mine does. I have long come to the conclusion that those at the very top are OK no matter who is in power, but Tories give them the best deal, those at the very bottom, including the lifelong slackers and professional dole collectors, are maybe better off under labour, but they know how to play the system. Those who like a state to lean on maybe a bit better off under labour, but for the vast majority of 'average' people, the difference is very little.

I base this on personal experience of living under several spells of both parties and apart from the inflection of the waffle, not much changes.

I don't think mine does. I have long come to the conclusion that those at the very top are OK no matter who is in power, but Tories give them the best deal, those at the very bottom, including the lifelong slackers and professional dole collectors, are maybe better off under labour, but they know how to play the system. Those who like a state to lean on maybe a bit better off under labour, but for the vast majority of 'average' people, the difference is very little.

I base this on personal experience of living under several spells of both parties and apart from the inflection of the waffle, not much changes.

Nothing changes, but that non change still effects you

He can hardly be concise AND non-sensical, like me, as speaking lots and saying nothing is a reverse way of saying nothing and speaking a lot.

At least you don't know where you are with the boy, which is worthy of a punt given the current climate.

I'm all for the emergence of a 'Jeremy Paxman' party, myself.

really?  you must live in a self contained bubble!  Do you drive?Do you eat?  do you have a job?  Any sort of yes to any of these questions means you are!

I live in a small spacecraft orbiting the earth.

But seriously, all political parties are full of hot air. I really don't think any one party is going to make a radical difference to my life, not at the moment anyway.

Archived