IGNORED

The Lets Not Mention Bc Show !

slartibartfast

It's a shit show from a channel that is typical of the gulf between the Premiershit and the rest.

Bollox to them, though. Russell Slade and Port Vale are the talking points, they're now on to 'Clem' doing a piece on Cambridge United and Luton.

Let's not be bitter. The show is about a shit league, that we currently happen to be in.

All our highlights come online nowadays anyway, sooner or later.

We're not the 'Real Madrid' of our league, we deal in the realms of reality and have ambition to better ourselves.

It's a shit show from a channel that is typical of the gulf between the Premiershit and the rest.

Bollox to them, though. Russell Slade and Port Vale are the talking points, they're now on to 'Clem' doing a piece on Cambridge United and Luton.

Let's not be bitter. The show is about a shit league, that we currently happen to be in.

All our highlights come online nowadays anyway, sooner or later.

We're not the 'Real Madrid' of our league, we deal in the realms of reality and have ambition to better ourselves.

I can't understand comments like this... we've been a part of this League for many many years. We've never been in the Prem and were only in it's equivalent, Div 1, for a few years.

The Championship and Leagues 1 and 2 are full of traditional old football teams, that are the backbone of British football.

If City were in the Prem...you'd get just as poor coverage...as it's the top teams in that league that get all the glory.

I think people are over sensitive on this.

We were on first, were the only L1 team with a goal showed from midweek and they mentioned how we still top the league (I believe they only showed the top 5).

Sheff Utd (a far bigger club than us) got 2/5ths of no mention at all.

It's fine. I really don't have an issue.

I can't understand comments like this... we've been a part of this League for many many years. We've never been in the Prem and were only in it's equivalent, Div 1, for a few years.

The Championship and Leagues 1 and 2 are full of traditional old football teams, that are the backbone of British football.

If City were in the Prem...you'd get just as poor coverage...as it's the top teams in that league that get all the glory.

Burnley supporters, in the prem, didn't wait up until gone 12.30 for less airtime than clubs in a lower division.

Burnley supporters, in the prem, didn't wait up until gone 12.30 for less airtime than clubs in a lower division.

Go to bed and watch the repeat at 9am this morning then...

Plus there were only 6 games in the Prem yesterday in an hour show.

I still don't understand your original point though....

Go to bed and watch the repeat at 9am this morning then...

Plus there were only 6 games in the Prem yesterday in an hour show.

I still don't understand your original point though....

I was pointing out, in an obviously overly cryptic way, that when we are in a higher league we receive a higher proportion of the TV coverage cake.

Being top of league 1, unbeaten and having our best start in over 100 years isn't as attention worthy as Burnley drawing 0-0 with Sunderland is.

Let's not be bitter as, unlike our deluded city neighbours, it isn't our style.

In this division we are a nowhere team.

We aren't a "sleeping giant", i.e. an ex prem team with an illustrious past.

We don't have a celebrity manager, or a manager who was previously a well known player.

Bristol is and always has been, a footballing backwater.

We don't have ex top flight players in our team.

We are not the plucky underdog team that has fought it's way from non-league to take on the big boys.

As such we will never get the limelight coverage that others do. It was the same in the championship, other than briefly in our first season, when GJ was a minor football "celebrity, and we were somehow seen as the plucky underdog.

At the moment perhaps it is better for us to keep under the radar ( if that's possible when we are top of the league) otherwise sod's law says we get a big feature on the FLS and then the wheels are guaranteed to come off!

I know I won't be :P

Actually it pretty much is for me, I offset the recording for 45 mins then fast forward to our game then to the league 1 table discussion. I spend about five minutes tops watching it.

exactly what I do record on v+ switch to sky sports news and then just watch city and the chat no problem!!

Covering 72 teams fairly cannot be easy. I believe they cover non-featured highlights in table position order so as long as you're top you might as well enjoy not having to wait until the very end like those poor souls supporting Oxford, Hartlepool and Carlisle have to at the moment.

Staying up late to watch clips that (most of the time) have already circulated on YouTube seems like a pointless endeavor.

Covering 72 teams fairly cannot be easy. I believe they cover non-featured highlights in table position order so as long as you're top you might as well enjoy not having to wait until the very end like those poor souls supporting Oxford, Hartlepool and Carlisle have to at the moment.

Staying up late to watch clips that (most of the time) have already circulated on YouTube seems like a pointless endeavor.

How's yer back ?

Let's not forget that some clubs, not a million miles away, would absolutely love just a few seconds coverage on this show each week.

Any position on the show that they have spare would be appreciated by them, but no... They get what they deserve. Nothing!

Let's not forget that some clubs, not a million miles away, would absolutely love just a few seconds coverage on this show each week.

Any position on the show that they have spare would be appreciated by them, but no... They get what they deserve. Nothing!

Tbh I'm surprised that Channel 5 or whatever don't have a Conference show covering the Conference and the North and South feeder leagues.  The rights would be very cheap and there are some clubs down there that I'd be interested in watching.

Archived