IGNORED

Wes Burns

redarmy1974

When is wes going to be given a chance ?

At the moment he is collecting splinters in his backside sitting on the bench every week .

I would much rather see him go on loan or atleast be given the chance ie 15 /20 mins from the end .

I was hoping he would get a run out yesterday after going 3-1 up I think he really would have stretched the game and caused fleet wood some problems .

Basically because in the summer we bought better, proven players.

At many League One clubs he'd have probably got a chance, but clearly we're not hanging about this season.

There have been opportunities for Wes and JET to get more game time (like when we're 3-0 up!) but for whatever reason SC has chosen not to use either much...

In the case of JET I would think its a case of showing who the boss is and he's perfectly right to do so.

When a player's attitude is he would rather pay a fine more or less every day rather than turn up on time for training, and was allowed to get away with it by a previous manager - yes - correctional treatment is necessary for the overall good.

As for Burns, IMO he became less effective with each cameo last season, but he will be a good player for us eventually, I'm sure the manager knows that.

I agree he should be allowed out on loan, not  going to get in the side any time soon. Best start in 100 years, unbeaten, top of the league..no reason to change anything and SC is (quite rightly) not going to be introducing anyone/thing different any time soon. WB has potential though, however needs game time somewhere or will just become an impact sub 

fair point, I think he could do a job in those situations...when we are winning by 2 or chasing the game his pace could come in handy to open teams up. Has he been on the bench much this season? I think the fact SC hasn't used him yet in any way probably indicates he is not likely to feature much unless injuries take their toll. A few months of regular first team football at Cheltenham for example is what he needs 

Sorry lads what I meant was when we are winning these games by a couple of goal margin it would be a great time to bring wes on more often.

I didn't mean that he should be starting anytime soon especially after the start we have had

Luckily we're getting no injuries, so SC seems to be using substitutions to give experienced players a look in..., Wagstaff, Cunningham, Pack and JET.... which makes sense. The reality is that injuries and suspensions will kick in and Burns will move up the pecking order.

The other way, of course, is to have blinder after blinder for the reserves.

7 of the 14 players who had match time yesterday were with us this time last season and we were pretty much bottom of the league this time last year.

People have moaned over the past 5 years about not going for younger players ala Freeman, when you sign better players, fringe players have to improve and take every single opportunity offered to them, 7 fringe players had a chance against Oxford and blew it, yet instead of realising that these players had blown an opportunity, some fans attacked SC for making so many changes and not taking a cup competition seriously, it's obvious that for whatever reason he will never win some fans over.

We are top of the league clear by 5 points and unbeaten, so it's up to these fringe players to step up to the mark and take any opportunity offered however small, they will obviously get a chance sooner or later and it's their responsibility to grab that chance and make it impossible for them to be dropped.

In the case of JET I would think its a case of showing who the boss is and he's perfectly right to do so.

When a player's attitude is he would rather pay a fine more or less every day rather than turn up on time for training, and was allowed to get away with it by a previous manager - yes - correctional treatment is necessary for the overall good.

Wow is that true? Where did you hear that

Shame, I genuinely want JET to do well due to all the people that knock him.. Doesn't help himself with that sort of thing..

if true will anybody be genuinely surprised?.

20 goal striker, hasn't started a league game all season and it would appear no interest in him from other clubs, certainly nothing public.

if true will anybody be genuinely surprised?.

20 goal striker, hasn't started a league game all season and it would appear no interest in him from other clubs, certainly nothing public.

Yes- I'd be genuinely surprised.

Although I'm not surprised with so many thinking Jet is fat and lazy, that they also think he  is being constantly fined for bad attitude and lack of professionalism. Perhaps another Kachina masterstroke of misinformation?

I'm pretty certain that Jet will make a comeback for our team.

Yes- I'd be genuinely surprised.

Although I'm not surprised with so many thinking Jet is fat and lazy, that they also think he  is being constantly fined for bad attitude and lack of professionalism. Perhaps another Kachina masterstroke of misinformation?

I'm pretty certain that Jet will make a comeback for our team.

So why isn't he getting a start and why aren't clubs trying to prise a 20 goal striker away from us?, there has to be a reason surely?.

PS:- and fair play KITR isn't usually far wide of the mark.

So why isn't he getting a start and why aren't clubs trying to prise a 20 goal striker away from us?, there has to be a reason surely?.

PS:- and fair play KITR isn't usually far wide of the mark.

Yes- it is very odd in some ways.

I think the reason why no one ( so far) has tried to loan him is because he's not an out and out striker and formation may need to be changed to fit him in.

What makes me think this is a BS story is this: If Jet was being regularly disciplined - then why on earth would SC not only keep him as an active member of the squad even bringing him on as a sub?

SC would keep him well away from the first team if Jet was throwing his toys out of the pram and we'd know conclusively about it one way or another.

Yes- it is very odd in some ways.

I think the reason why no one ( so far) has tried to loan him is because he's not an out and out striker and formation may need to be changed to fit him in.

What makes me think this is a BS story is this: If Jet was being regularly disciplined - then why on earth would SC not only keep him as an active member of the squad even bringing him on as a sub?

SC would keep him well away from the first team if Jet was throwing his toys out of the pram and we'd know conclusively about it one way or another.

I suspect this is more about lifestyle than a deliberate show of defiance on JET's part, as I said from some sources I would agree with you but KITR is usually there or thereabouts with his rumours.

I suspect this is more about lifestyle than a deliberate show of defiance on JET's part, as I said from some sources I would agree with you but KITR is usually there or thereabouts with his rumours.

Well he has this one wrong

Jet is the most punctual player in the team

What a load of crap get spun on here sometimes... Beyond me

If he doesn't run to get into positions of danger off the ball, I can't see him running to get to training on time.

Like you Es,I'm inclined to believe this nugget.

Fair enough...my only source on this one was Nick (not meaning to drop you in the shit fella) and he is rarely wrong. But obviously understand where you're coming from as well djb....

I wouldn't worry too much about it,

As you say nick j tends to talk a lot of sense,

But as i say i think he has been mis informed here

Archived