IGNORED

Player Rating For Fleetwood Game

stogursey red

went to the game yesterday and here is what i thought-

Fielding -  7/10 good solid game, made 2 good saves, could do nothing about the last 2 goals, kicking still needs work

Williams - 7/10 good steady game did everything he had to with out any problems

Flint - 8/10 won every header in the box and organised the defense very well

Ayling - 8/10 great defending and started a lot of our attacks off

Little - 6/10 Fleetwood doubled up on him all day and he seamed to have no idea how to find the space to make a difference on the game

Smith - 8/10 non stop work all game, broke up a lot of there attacks 

Elliott - 9/10 my MOTM, he ran the game for large parts and worked so hard all day 

Freeman - 7/10 looked good when he had the ball but went missing a lot and was knocked off the ball very easy

Bryan - 8/10 non stop all day, beat there defense a lot and put in a lot of very good crosses

Agard - 7.5/10 took his goals well but his touch was not great with a lot of ball bouncing off him and he didn't seam to have the pace to get away from there center back

Wilbraham - 9/10 could have been MOTM, won everything in the air, was a threat, seams to get in the right place alot and if he had got so luck with the bounce of the ball could of got 1 or 2 more

non of the subs really did anything so feel i can't give them a rating 

went to the game yesterday and here is what i thought-

Fielding -  7/10 good solid game, made 2 good saves, could do nothing about the last 2 goals, kicking still needs work

Williams - 7/10 good steady game did everything he had to with out any problems

Flint - 8/10 won every header in the box and organised the defense very well

Ayling - 8/10 great defending and started a lot of our attacks off

Little - 6/10 Fleetwood doubled up on him all day and he seamed to have no idea how to find the space to make a difference on the game

Smith - 8/10 non stop work all game, broke up a lot of there attacks 

Elliott - 9/10 my MOTM, he ran the game for large parts and worked so hard all day 

Freeman - 7/10 looked good when he had the ball but went missing a lot and was knocked off the ball very easy

Bryan - 8/10 non stop all day, beat there defense a lot and put in a lot of very good crosses

Agard - 7.5/10 took his goals well but his touch was not great with a lot of ball bouncing off him and he didn't seam to have the pace to get away from there center back

Wilbraham - 9/10 could have been MOTM, won everything in the air, was a threat, seams to get in the right place alot and if he had got so luck with the bounce of the ball could of got 1 or 2 more

non of the subs really did anything so feel i can't give them a rating 

Agree with that apart from Agard, made a lot of space and on another day could have had 3 or 4.

Had that one on one in the first 5-10 minutes which was a brilliant run off the ball and in the second half he hassled the defender into making a mistake at the back which almost caused another one on one.

O, and scored 2 and setup the other...

Couldn't fault him much at all during the day so not sure what you saw which made you think the ball was bouncing off him. But football is all about opinions :)

if you were their you would have seen why i could not give him a 8 as he took his goals well but for large parts for the game had no effect on it

Jimmy Greaves regularly used to do nothing to affect a game for 88 minutes.

Bar score 2/3 goals during the other 2 minutes!

If he scores 2 and makes 1 in every game this season he can do what he wants for the rest of the time if you ask me!  :P

but he ain't going to do that every game and if he don't have his scoring boots on the team will be carrying him,

don't get me wrong i am happy we have a goal scorer i just would like him to do a bit more

more worrying for me was how easy Fleetwood marked Little out of the game, he seamed to not have a trick to get him away from the defender

but he ain't going to do that every game and if he don't have his scoring boots on the team will be carrying him,

don't get me wrong i am happy we have a goal scorer i just would like him to do a bit more

more worrying for me was how easy Fleetwood marked Little out of the game, he seamed to not have a trick to get him away from the defender

The Fleetwood defender he was up against was Crainey who is no mug and had a good game. The fact that they doubled up on Little shows that they did their homework on us. My only problem with Little was how he often (particularly in the first half) failed to track back quickly enough leaving a big gap on the RH side of our defence which exposed Ayling, although he covered really well.

Archived