IGNORED

Fleetwood Town 3 - 3 Bristol City

Stoke_Gifford_Red

We made two negative substitutions to tighten up and did the opposite????

However Aylings running out of defence with the ball and great passes were pivotal for two of our goals.

Although some bloke stood next to me said he's shit, it's all about opinions.

and Manu made 2 positive substitutions at 2-3 up and lost 5-3, so it could have been worse.

We made two negative substitutions to tighten up and did the opposite????

However Aylings running out of defence with the ball and great passes were pivotal for two of our goals.

Although some bloke stood next to me said he's shit, it's all about opinions.

How long have you been a city supporter, wolfie? If Pele had played for City, there'd still have been someone standing next to you saying he was shit :(

Changing the topic a little, when Agard scored his second, somebody threw a cup of coffee onto the field in celebration and Flint picked it up and drank the rest!

Hilarious!

One of the photographers behind the goal wasn't too happy though...he got soaked with coffee and turned around angrily to try and identify who had thrown it.

1st, got cross in too easily, no cover whatsoever on the edge of our box.

2nd, in the build up defender for some bizarre reason headed the back into the danger area and nobody picked up the goal scorer who was totally unmarked.

3rd, Pack should have made the initial header, missed a chance to clear the ball and as for their first goal no cover on the edge of our box.

3 pretty poor goals IMO.

I was saying this to you when i came out of the ground yesterday but you guys kept telling me to be thrilled we were top and to stop moaning!!!

One of the photographers behind the goal wasn't too happy though...he got soaked with coffee and turned around angrily to try and identify who had thrown it.

First goal of theirs you can see my old man's white hair as hes walking back from the toilet...

I swear he must miss 30 goals a season :)

At least you all knew what was going on !

I took the other half to London for a long weekend and as the game kicked off we were watching a matinee of the Commitments.

No signal to start the got a text from her Mum saying 3-1 whats happening?  I didn't know if we were winning or loosing and then my phone died. 

Nothing but Prem football in the Pubs took me ages to find out and was pleased with a draw after all that.

I was saying this to you when i came out of the ground yesterday but you guys kept telling me to be thrilled we were top and to stop moaning!!!

As I said to Wolfie I am 100% sure that I would have been pissed off had I been there like you and he, I was pretty pissed off here, but I then took a look at the league table and saw that we had in fact gone a point further ahead of our nearest rival and thought do you know what?, i'm cool, could have been better but still unbeaten and Fleetwood will beat a lot of the better teams in this league home and away.

I was merely pointing out what I saw in their 3 goals from a defensive perspective, 3 goals that were actually well executed it has to be said and as somebody else pointed out virtually every goal scored in any game anywhere in the world will come as the result of a mistake somewhere on the pitch.

The view on the defensive mistakes is like the view some have on the substitutions and the missing of some good quality chances yesterday, on another day the mistakes might not have been punished so clinically, the substitutions might have worked or the game could have been over at halftime had we taken our chances and football fans all over the world are having a similar conversation about their particular team, that's football.

Cant believe that every post above only relates to the 3 goals we let in ! What about the 3 that we scored !!?? The 1st goal was as good a team goal as you will see this weekend. The 2nd was from a training ground corner and the 3rd was a very neat finish from a supremely confident striker who was heavily involved in all 3. Yes their 3 could all have been avoided leading up to the goals but Frankie had no chance with any of them as they were all fantastic finishes. For christ sake give our boys some credit !!!!! 

Cant believe that every post above only relates to the 3 goals we let in ! What about the 3 that we scored !!?? The 1st goal was as good a team goal as you will see this weekend. The 2nd was from a training ground corner and the 3rd was a very neat finish from a supremely confident striker who was heavily involved in all 3. Yes their 3 could all have been avoided leading up to the goals but Frankie had no chance with any of them as they were all fantastic finishes. For christ sake give our boys some credit !!!!! 

Spot on, Reading some on here you'd have thought we lost 3--0  !

Re. Ghost Stand, it was the original one when the ground was first built. I believe it's listed, or summat.

Indeed, and the one-storey building to its left (as we looked at it) are the original changing rooms, also listed. The park we walked across/you could see to the right from the away end is what the original pitch was part of when they were first a Northern League (not as in Liga Nord, Umberto Bossi and all that) and then, having gone out of existence practically, a pub team. From parks to desso pitch; tenth (or so) tier to third. Not a bad story.

I think a lot of people have been overly critical of Pack.

He never lost possession... as we didn't have it in the first place. He and his opposite number both missed a header, Little won the scrap and the ball fell towards Pack who was beaten to the ball by a player with more momentum. All coming from a Goalkeepers punt up field. The goal came from a richochet and fell kindly.

I'd be more concerned about the second Fleetwood goal...total free header. Finished superbly.

Korey Smith has had a really good start to his City career but it he didn't close down quick enough for the second and Proctor ran off him for the third. In the extended highlights you can see Williams having a go at him. I'm not being critical for the sake of it, i just hope we learn from it because there is always room for improvement .

Indeed, and the one-storey building to its left (as we looked at it) are the original changing rooms, also listed. The park we walked across/you could see to the right from the away end is what the original pitch was part of when they were first a Northern League (not as in Liga Nord, Umberto Bossi and all that) and then, having gone out of existence practically, a pub team. From parks to desso pitch; tenth (or so) tier to third. Not a bad story.

One can only hope that the Gas show that it can be done in reverse ;)

Archived