IGNORED

Bristol Sport Missed A Trick

Welcome To The Jungle

Just got back from the Bristol Half Marathon and going round there were obviously friends and relatives cheering people on but also lots of local organisations doing the same. There were drum bands and hot air balloons etc. But nothing from any of the three major sports clubs. Surely this was an ideal event to have a group of people or even just a banner with the City or Rugby logo on it wishing us luck. Over 10,000 people, mostly locals would have run past it, plus ll the spectators. Maybe a discounted rugby ticket for today for the runners. I believe that if 'Bristol Sport' wants to really establish itself it must be visible at almost all Bristols Sport. The start/finish line was right outside Hargreaves and Lansdown for crying out loud. 

Agree totally, and if you ran WTTJ well done to you and everyone taking part, runners, sponsors and just as importantly the supporting spectators.. Bristol Sport where were you?

(shamefully I had a lay in myself this year, and I've never run it (pfft, couldn't!) so personally bit of a hypocrite, never the less organisations such as Bristol Sport should have a presence at such events even if strictly speaking its outside of its own sporting umbrella)

Agree totally, and if you ran WTTJ well done to you and everyone taking part, runners, sponsors and just as importantly the supporting spectators.. Bristol Sport where were you?

(shamefully I had a lay in myself this year, and I've never run it (pfft, couldn't!) so personally bit of a hypocrite, never the less organisations such as Bristol Sport should have a presence at such events even if strictly speaking its outside of its own sporting umbrella)

I did run it and I'm absolutely wrecked. I was thinking as a ran past the army cadets who were handing out water that the Community trust of City or a fan group in branded tops dishing out water would boost both clubs image and piss off any sags running. 

Just got back from the Bristol Half Marathon and going round there were obviously friends and relatives cheering people on but also lots of local organisations doing the same. There were drum bands and hot air balloons etc. But nothing from any of the three major sports clubs. Surely this was an ideal event to have a group of people or even just a banner with the City or Rugby logo on it wishing us luck. Over 10,000 people, mostly locals would have run past it, plus ll the spectators. Maybe a discounted rugby ticket for today for the runners. I believe that if 'Bristol Sport' wants to really establish itself it must be visible at almost all Bristols Sport. The start/finish line was right outside Hargreaves and Lansdown for crying out loud.

BS and BCFC were not visible at the recent festival of football in millenium square.

BIG clubs were.

Even non league minnows wearing quarters.

BCFC ... NO.

Support your local INVISIBLE club won't catch on.

Archived