IGNORED

Manure's Defence

The Bard

Apart from laughing at their ineptitude yesterday, I did think to myself how would any team at a lower level deal with the huge imbalance in their side.  If it were my Sunday vets team, the answer would be simple - one of the attacking players would have to play centre half.  Having a player of Mata's quality as sub is a nonsense when Tyler Blackett is playing centre half.  

They need someone with a bit of bite, bit of leadership, with strength.  Decent football brain.  They may not be experienced at the position but have enough about them to muddle through and learn quickly.

So, my advise to Mr Van Gaal is play Rooney centre half - it wouldn't be worse than it is now.

Apart from laughing at their ineptitude yesterday, I did think to myself how would any team at a lower level deal with the huge imbalance in their side.  If it were my Sunday vets team, the answer would be simple - one of the attacking players would have to play centre half.  Having a player of Mata's quality as sub is a nonsense when Tyler Blackett is playing centre half.  

They need someone with a bit of bite, bit of leadership, with strength.  Decent football brain.  They may not be experienced at the position but have enough about them to muddle through and learn quickly.

So, my advise to Mr Van Gaal is play Rooney centre half - it wouldn't be worse than it is now.

:facepalm:

Mickey Rooney? He couldn't be any worse!  :rofl2br:

You can laugh (and my post is not entirely serious) but they would be better with him at centre half rather than young Tyler. Poor lad looks like he's won a competition to play.

He is awful, isn't he? I'd just stick Rojo at centre half and Shaw at left back, seems a touch less controversial than playing Wayne-la in defence

we had an inbalanced defense for 5 years, it cost us a place in the championship and almost cost us a place in league one too,

If man u don't sort their balance out soon they will be in real trouble no club is too big to go down, (not that I think they will)

They looked like they had just met that day, no sign of teamwork whatsoever. Shocking when you consider their Manager is rightly regarded as one of the best in the world. 

To be fair quite a few of them had only met a couple of weeks ago, but still it was a shocking display.

Their problem is that not only are the CBs they've got are not up to scratch, but they can't stay fit either. Wouldn't surprise me to see Blind go in there, or Carrick when fit, then they'll sign at least 1 in January.

They keep saying up here that they are going to play like Kevin Keegans Newcastle "you score 3 we will score 4" but the reality at the moment is they are playing like Ossie Ardiles Spurs team "we score 5 you score 7".

Out of interest does anyone know how many points Moyes had by this point as his opening fixtures were far from favourable in comparison with this season. 

They keep saying up here that they are going to play like Kevin Keegans Newcastle "you score 3 we will score 4" but the reality at the moment is they are playing like Ossie Ardiles Spurs team "we score 5 you score 7".

Out of interest does anyone know how many points Moyes had by this point as his opening fixtures were far from favourable in comparison with this season. 

7 points

they beat swansea 3-1,

lost 1-0 to liverpool

drew 0-0 with  Chelsea

beat palace 2-0 and lost 4-1 to Man City

Even if they'd beaten Leicester, it wouldn't have been particularly edifying reading. However, I watched the game and it wasn't a 'hammering' as such, it was a somewhat bizarre match that ManUre contrived to throw away. The penalty Leicester got to get back in the game was awful and came not long after De Laet (who was influential in the closing stages) should have got a second yellow for a cynical foul on Di Maria (I think). It was most definitely karma in some respects, but Clattenburg was to Leicester as Howard Webb used to be to ManUre themselves! Ability is there, confidence is shattered by the slightest setback and as others have said, it's reminiscent of us under Millen/Del/SOD. Blackett is their very own Fontaine and Nicky Hunt rolled into one, though obviously a much more callow youth

Hammered was an exaggeration... I just can't help myself. Having watched Manchester United win everything growing up and putting up with their plastic fans- I'm enjoying their demise (even if it turns out to be temporary) far too much. I imagine a lot of people who grew up in the 80's feel the same towards Liverpool. 

He is awful, isn't he? I'd just stick Rojo at centre half and Shaw at left back, seems a touch less controversial than playing Wayne-la in defence

Rojo has looked poor so far. Weak in defence and hasn't offered much on the ball. Van Gaal obviously isn't keen on him at centre half in 4 at the back or he'd have done it already.

Blackett hasn't looked great but he hasn't stood out as a weak link from what I've seen... which is more a reflection on their defence in general

Hammered was an exaggeration... I just can't help myself. Having watched Manchester United win everything growing up and putting up with their plastic fans- I'm enjoying their demise (even if it turns out to be temporary) far too much. I imagine a lot of people who grew up in the 80's feel the same towards Liverpool.

Exactly. I personally have the exact same view of Liverpool; plastic fans from all over the country supporting them because they were good. Plus all the carry on sticking up for Suarez. Citeh fans are like Gasheads; more concerned with the team in red up the road losing than whether they're winning. Chelsea fans are just former Fulham fans who flocked to the Russian oil dollar

Of all the people I know who support a 'big' PL team, pretty much the only ones who are supporting their local team are the Utd fans. Which obviously makes it far more fun to take the piss out of them when they lose, they won't be sneaking off to support Arsenal if the slump continues!!!

Exactly. I personally have the exact same view of Liverpool; plastic fans from all over the country supporting them because they were good. Plus all the carry on sticking up for Suarez. Citeh fans are like Gasheads; more concerned with the team in red up the road losing than whether they're winning. Chelsea fans are just former Fulham fans who flocked to the Russian oil dollar

Of all the people I know who support a 'big' PL team, pretty much the only ones who are supporting their local team are the Utd fans. Which obviously makes it far more fun to take the piss out of them when they lose, they won't be sneaking off to support Arsenal if the slump continues!!!

can't agree with that to be honest yes they hate man ure with a passion but they are are nothing like the deluded ones,

Rojo has looked poor so far. Weak in defence and hasn't offered much on the ball. Van Gaal obviously isn't keen on him at centre half in 4 at the back or he'd have done it already.

Blackett hasn't looked great but he hasn't stood out as a weak link from what I've seen... which is more a reflection on their defence in general

Blackett has looked exactly what he is; a inexperienced young lad who may or may not be good enough but is not yet ready for te kind of pressure playing in that defence brings

I feel a bit sorry for Blackett he has been chucked in at the deep end with not much chance of succeeding. Put Blackett in with a prime Rio, Vidic or Stam type player and he will improve, play him with Evans or Smalling is just asking for trouble.

I don't think this is doing the lads progression any good at all, its a shame because he could easily be better than Smalling and Evans combined.

Anyway its still great to see them suffering as a team which keeps most of their plastic fans shut up :)

Archived