IGNORED

Manure's Defence

The Bard

Yes. With Liverpool and Newcastle just above them. Loon.

United probably have the best attack in the league now, and are scoring goals for fun. Once Phil Jones and Carrick are back, and if they make another signing or two, they'll be a force to be reckoned with. Liverpool are pony this season, Spurs and Everton are misfiring, Arsenal are as lily-livered as ever. So why not?

The annoying part is lvg is supposed to be some kind of super coach and all he's done is spend spend spend. Why not keep moyes and let him spend the money instead, or was it because moyes brought in his own backroom staff and the man utd old boys didn't like it and forced him out.

Perhaps it was because Moyes took them from 1st to 7th, with little if any sign that things were going to get better?

Blind is a good player. He can play CB & LB as well as his holding midfield role.

Expect Man Utd to spend some serious more cash next summer - my money is on the Dortmund pair of Hummels and Subotic. 

what unlike the money this year?

having spent the most money in a calendar year than any club in history.

and for the first time in years,not one mancuian in their squad.can't wait to see the reds sore again!!

Maybe the likes of Di Maria, Falco, Blind etc have no interest in playing for David Moyes? They were linked with every player under the sun that pre season and the only one they landed was a player form his former club. Van Gaal has an international reputation and has managed and been successful at some of the biggest clubs in the world. I doubt Falco knows who Moyes is.

nothing to do with not wanting to play for moyes, more to do with the fact that man u are now desperate and have broken the bank to bring in the wrong players while paying them up to 300k a week,

they are on a serious downward spiral (like liverpool did in the 90's) and are trying to throw money at the problem,

problem is they haven't built a team (like Man City and Chelsea have) and I'd be suprised if they get into europe at all this season,

the senior players activally underminded moyes and player power won united are getting everthing thats been due to them

They looked like they had just met that day, no sign of teamwork whatsoever. Shocking when you consider their Manager is rightly regarded as one of the best in the world.

But.... Is the manager just like a lot of the so called " best managers" and is only able to be a good manager when he spends multi millions on players.

If he's as good as he thinks he is then why isn't he able to coach the less experienced players, or is it that he can only manage well with players who are already the finished article.

Maybe the likes of Di Maria, Falco, Blind etc have no interest in playing for David Moyes? They were linked with every player under the sun that pre season and the only one they landed was a player form his former club. Van Gaal has an international reputation and has managed and been successful at some of the biggest clubs in the world. I doubt Falco knows who Moyes is.

I don't believe these players care who the manager is, it's only how much they will get payed.

Falcao is a classic case,he just goes to where the people that own him, want him to go.

Phil Jones is actually underrated, good solid defender, who can lead a defence and if paired with Rojo wouldnt do to badley. I know he's injured but a defence of

Rafeal - Jones - Rojo - Shaw

isn't to bad, not champions league standard, but should push them up the league.

Phil Jones isn't under rated,he's totaly over rated.

He's guarenteed to make at least a couple massive blunders per game,which usually cost his team goals.

A total liability.

Agree with most of your post except amazingly the broken the bank. Falcao on loan was in my opinion extremely astute - a chance to see if he settles in the North West, in the Prem, see if his knees hold up and see if they can get CL, if all of the above falls into place they then sign him.

Imo he's on loan only, because he wants to play for Real Madrid. He signed for Monaco from Athletic Madrid 'only' because Athletic wouldn't sell him to Real,that's where he wanted to go.

Reporters itk hinted that he would have signed for Real from Monaco in the January window, but because of injury this didn't happen.

Real Madrid will no doubt be watching his fitness for Man U,and I for one believe that he will be at Real Madrid next season if he can prove his fitness this season.

Let's face it,Man U would have signed him permanently if they were able to!

But.... Is the manager just like a lot of the so called " best managers" and is only able to be a good manager when he spends multi millions on players.

If he's as good as he thinks he is then why isn't he able to coach the less experienced players, or is it that he can only manage well with players who are already the finished article.

His record at other clubs, especially Ajax, would suggest he knows how to coach younger, less experienced players.

His record at other clubs, especially Ajax, would suggest he knows how to coach younger, less experienced players.

he has a top record but I don't think it will work out at united, you need to stip that club of all the coaches players and staff that were there under SaF imo,

it needs a complete rebuild and will prob take another 4 transfer windows to do, the problem they will have is the debt,

it couldn't happen to a nicer club,

Everyone could see they were light at the back apart from LVG. Blackett although still young is hopelessly out of his depth.

I don't think I have ever shook my head so many times reading a post - and I've read a lot of Robbored's!.

LVG has a managerial record which few can come close to/touch. He is undoubtedly one of the most intelligent and respected managers in the game and is up there with the best past and present, yet apparently everyone could see they were light at the back apart from LVG.... Really?!

Of course that is complete bullcrap - that is why United tried to buy Vermaelen and tried to buy Hummels. Failure to recruit does not mean that a defender was not identified, the same defence for McInnes and his final window here. It is the chief exec who takes blame if an identified target is not acquired.

I don't think I have ever shook my head so many times reading a post - and I've read a lot of Robbored's!.

LVG has a managerial record which few can come close to/touch. He is undoubtedly one of the most intelligent and respected managers in the game and is up there with the best past and present, yet apparently everyone could see they were light at the back apart from LVG.... Really?!

Of course that is complete bullcrap - that is why United tried to buy Vermaelen and tried to buy Hummels. Failure to recruit does not mean that a defender was not identified, the same defence for McInnes and his final window here. It is the chief exec who takes blame if an identified target is not acquired.

So what about his record, he has never managed in this country and has no clue about how tough a league it is. They never even needed to spend big, Lescott went to West Brom and he is better than any of the current United defenders.

So what about his record, he has never managed in this country and has no clue about how tough a league it is. They never even needed to spend big, Lescott went to West Brom and he is better than any of the current United defenders.

I started trying to reason, but when someone pulls out the Lescott card alongside the 'he might be good in Spain, Germany, Holland, Champions League, UEFA cup, international, but this is the Prem' card I shall just walk away smirking in disbelief.

I started trying to reason, but when someone pulls out the Lescott card alongside the 'he might be good in Spain, Germany, Holland, Champions League, UEFA cup, international, but this is the Prem' card I shall just walk away smirking in disbelief.

so lescot, a player who's played over 200 top flight games with two of the ver best clubs and also has 25 caps for england is shit?

so lescot, a player who's played over 200 top flight games with two of the ver best clubs and also has 25 caps for england is shit?

Well I never said that, but seeing as you asked I will lay out the blatant reasons why he was no option.

He is 32 and just signed a contract at least until 34, with the option of playing until he's 35 - a very short term option playing in a new system to him at the twilight on that sort of deal is pretty silly.

As a free he'd command a high signing on fee as his pension and a sizeable wage, not least as he had at least Hull also looking at him and at the stage where you could reasonably expect money is the first priority. Doesn't seem a reasonable gamble.

Thirdly, and perhaps the most obvious reason he signed for West Brom on 20 June.... One week after the START of the World Cup and before Van Gaal was at Old Trafford - he was the other side of the world. At this point I sincerely doubt he or anyone at OT thought they'd end the window without someone like Vermaelen or Hummels or whoever else they may have targeted such that Lescott wouldn't and shouldn't have been on the radar.

Well I never said that, but seeing as you asked I will lay out the blatant reasons why he was no option.

He is 32 and just signed a contract at least until 34, with the option of playing until he's 35 - a very short term option playing in a new system to him at the twilight on that sort of deal is pretty silly.

As a free he'd command a high signing on fee as his pension and a sizeable wage, not least as he had at least Hull also looking at him and at the stage where you could reasonably expect money is the first priority. Doesn't seem a reasonable gamble.

Thirdly, and perhaps the most obvious reason he signed for West Brom on 20 June.... One week after the START of the World Cup and before Van Gaal was at Old Trafford - he was the other side of the world. At this point I sincerely doubt he or anyone at OT thought they'd end the window without someone like Vermaelen or Hummels or whoever else they may have targeted such that Lescott wouldn't and shouldn't have been on the radar.

Fact is he is better than Blackett, Jones Evans and Smalling. He would of been great for United.

van gaal wasn't but I'm sure he had a phone to the man who makes all the transfers ie Ed Woodward, as well as his assistant Ryan Giggs,

Man ure are going to struggle and because they are not in europe they will not attarct the very best players unless they pay well over the odds in transfer fees and wages,

they are on a downward sprial and I don't think you will be seeing them challenge for the title in a long time,

Fact is he is better than Blackett, Jones Evans and Smalling. He would of been great for United.

I don't disagree with the first sentence, but the defenders who both were bid for (so money wasn't prohibitive) are far better options than Lescott.

Again, in June, MU certainly had no reason to take Lescott. If it was deadline day my opinion would be wholeheartedly different.

van gaal wasn't but I'm sure he had a phone to the man who makes all the transfers ie Ed Woodward, as well as his assistant Ryan Giggs,

Man ure are going to struggle and because they are not in europe they will not attarct the very best players unless they pay well over the odds in transfer fees and wages,

they are on a downward sprial and I don't think you will be seeing them challenge for the title in a long time,

But they were and are doing just that - paying over the odds. I'm sure if he was on the phone to Woodward or Giggs they'd be telling him don't worry the money is there for a top drawer cb - it was, they did bid.

It's just utter nonsense that in June MU should have considered Lescott

I don't disagree with the first sentence, but the defenders who both were bid for (so money wasn't prohibitive) are far better options than Lescott.

Again, in June, MU certainly had no reason to take Lescott. If it was deadline day my opinion would be wholeheartedly different.

Also he could get into a Liverpool and a Arsenal back four.

Archived