IGNORED

Qatar World Cup

Barrs Court Red

It is amazing that out-and-out in plain sight mutli-million pound corruption doesn't get Interpol descending in droves.

Still, it's different because it's FIFA.

I notice the Serious Fraud Office has declared an interest in inspecting this suppressed Fifa report. That could be.... interesting.

• Admin

What we need is for UEFA to stand up and say it is unsuitable to change the dates of the seasons before and after the WC.

FIFA would shit themselves over all the lost revenue etc, as large majorities of sponsorship / TV coverage etc comes from Europe.

Just getting ahead of myself a bit but at the moment when there are international matches on, the top two leagues don't play, IF we are in the Championship by then are we to assume that we wouldn't play for a number of weeks either?

I don't know if it's just me but having read the comments on here I seem to sense an undercurrent of dissatisfaction with FIFA's decision to award the 2022 World Cup to Qatar.

Let me tell you that that region of the world has long been due a prestigious tournament and will produce the goods. I have complete faith in Qatar it is a wonderful place and appeal to you to get off their backs.

Anyone from Qatar reading this can make a donation at www.ivedonemybitnowdishoutthedosh.com

I don't know if it's just me but having read the comments on here I seem to sense an undercurrent of dissatisfaction with FIFA's decision to award the 2022 World Cup to Qatar.

Let me tell you that that region of the world has long been due a prestigious tournament and will produce the goods. I have complete faith in Qatar it is a wonderful place and appeal to you to get off their backs.

Anyone from Qatar reading this can make a donation at www.ivedonemybitnowdishoutthedosh.com

I'm not disagreeing that the middle east is in need of such a prestigious event. But are you saying you agree with the way they are treating construction workers? This is not some petty union dispute, workers have died (964 as of may 2014. Source: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/14/qatar-admits-deaths-in-migrant-workers) This has been a shambles from start to finish, Qatar just wants it's name on the world stage and have tried to do so at any cost. No i wont 'get off their backs' like this is some trivial dispute. It's a disgrace.  

I'm not disagreeing that the middle east is in need of such a prestigious event. But are you saying you agree with the way they are treating construction workers? This is not some petty union dispute, workers have died (964 as of may 2014. Source: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/14/qatar-admits-deaths-in-migrant-workers) This has been a shambles from start to finish, Qatar just wants it's name on the world stage and have tried to do so at any cost. No i wont 'get off their backs' like this is some trivial dispute. It's a disgrace.  

Whooooosh

haven't they just carried joint strikes with the US against IS in syria?

Well, their government is "aiding " the strikes. They like to play it both ways. Be "pro-Western" with regards to IS and at the same time fund the islamists who have wrecked Libya and murdered the US ambassador there.

What does this mean?  Assume its the opposite of My Good?

Surely that would be Your Good?

I don't get the rumours of it being revoked? Didn't FIFA announce last week that the World Cup WILL be played during Winter

I cant see anything about this, so either I've misheard something or the BBC got it wrong (I heart it on Radio 1 newsbeat)

It's used to acknowledge responsibility for a mistake.

That's quite alright. I need a multitude of others to reach the same erroneous conclusion to guarantee delivery of the stuffed envelopes.

But I suppose I have to be honest and say that if I received a few grand to endorse the staging of 2022 in Qatar that I would be very tempted. After all, in recent years the tournament has been staged in Argentina, Chile, Brazil, South Korea, South Africa and Japan places not renowned for upholding basic human or animal rights and the next one is being held in Russia. So if they are intent on holding the competition in these places I might as well make some serious dosh from it. In that way Qatar's hosting of the tournament is more above board because at least they haven't seriously denied having to hand out stuffed envelopes to get it.

I think it is the lingua franca of the young beatniks of today, often trotted out in the discotheque or coffee bar.

If there had been such talk in my day, we would never have gone over the top.

Are those places were teenagers go to listen to beat combos play their hip and groovy music? It's just a fad and will never last! 

There is now a sports blog, The Pressing Game, supporting Qatar hosting the World Cup. It looks like an independent site with views from unbiased fans.

Who has set it up? The Portland Group, a PR company paid to promote Qatar.

Archived