IGNORED

Purple And Lime Shirt (Merged)

CIDER NOT CIDRE

I have a LARGE purple and lime shirt which is too big for me and because it happens to be after the stock ran out I'm not able to change size.

Therefore, if anyone has a medium or possibly even small shirt that they feel is too small for them and would like an upgrade in size to a large then I would be willing to do a swap.

Cheers.

• Admin

I don't believe so sorry.

Cheers Marie, find it astonishing though that a kit made essentially "in house" has stopped being produced, when assumedly there is still demand for them?

Reason I picked up on this, a friend of mine has been trying to purchase a Bristol Rugby shirt, and was told be someone in the club shop they were shortly to be stop being made too ???

Cheers Marie, find it astonishing though that a kit made essentially "in house" has stopped being produced, when assumedly there is still demand for them?

Reason I picked up on this, a friend of mine has been trying to purchase a Bristol Rugby shirt, and was told be someone in the club shop they were shortly to be stop being made too ???

Since the release of the purp'n'lime shirt, it has always been stated that it's limited edition.

The club has not gone back on that (as understood/expected), so if you want one - you may still be able to pre-order for the 'massive' November delivery.

• Admin

Since the release of the purp'n'lime shirt, it has always been stated that it's limited edition.

The club has not gone back on that (as understood/expected), so if you want one - you may still be able to pre-order for the 'massive' November delivery.

Completely agree, but I wonder if when the announcement was originally made about it being limited edition it was anticipated that it would be used as often?

Completely agree, but I wonder if when the announcement was originally made about it being limited edition it was anticipated that it would be used as often?

Possible they have already x amount of home/away stock ordered and don't want to end up with surplus of that

I tried to pre-order a purple and lime shirt in the City shop, last week, and was told off for not ordering one before the deadline. I know several other fans who "missed the opportunity". Pity the club are "missing the opportunity" to make a killing by "marketing" more sales of a very popular "product" which enhances the City "brand"!!! :)

I have a LARGE purple and lime shirt which is too big for me and because it happens to be after the stock ran out I'm not able to change size.

Therefore, if anyone has a medium or possibly even small shirt that they feel is too small for them and would like an upgrade in size to a large then I would be willing to do a swap.

Cheers.

if its too big, why not wear it over a jumper or coat? Nice in the winter months staying warm whilst still showing our colours

if its too big, why not wear it over a jumper or coat? Nice in the winter months staying warm whilst still showing our colours

Yeah was thinking that, not a bad idea. We also have a mate/friend (never know whether to call a female mate?!). Anyways she is an ex dress maker and thinks she can taper it so it fits so we might go for that.

Reply below from the club store for anyone intersted....

'Orders were taken up until 6th September for a batch due in November. Anyone who paid for a shirt will get one.
Unfortunately it is not possible to do another run or take more orders, as it would now be the end of season before they arrive due to high demand on all retail lines this year'.

Doesn't look like i'll be getting one!

• Admin

Reply below from the club store for anyone intersted....

'Orders were taken up until 6th September for a batch due in November. Anyone who paid for a shirt will get one.

Unfortunately it is not possible to do another run or take more orders, as it would now be the end of season before they arrive due to high demand on all retail lines this year'.

Doesn't look like i'll be getting one!

Both a shame and very odd

We bring production in house to enable better delivery times, the club unearth a great seller yet choose not to make anymore?

• Admin

I agree! Have they even worn the white shirt yet?

Sheffield United played in Red and White striped shirts, we played in purple shirts

Rochdale played in Blue shirts, we played in red shirts

Notts County played in Black and White striped shirts, we played in purple shirts

Port Vale played in White shirts, we played in red shirts

Fleetwood played in red shirts with white trim, we played in purple shirts

Walsall played in red shirts, we played in purple shirts

Cheltenham played in Red and White striped shirts, we played in purple shirts

Apart from Notts County, where it was odd we didn't play in red shirts, and also the fact that when we played Cheltenham pre season we wore;our white shirts, purlple has been the right colours to wear.

Will be interesting after Coventry, who play in sky blue, so we should be in red. We face both Barnsley and Swindon who both wear red, so we should be in white

As we all know the Purple and Lime shirt could sell and sell and sell all season but the club seem to not want to take our money and made the now away kit limited edition.

The 2 below quotes are from DaveL and Bristol Sport.

Am I being thick or do the 2 contradict themselves?

Under the Adidas deal, we needed to give 18 months notice of an order, which would have meant it would have been impossible to get any more in for this season. Now that Bristol Sport are in control of production, we have been able to order more, but there is still a 2-3 month turnaround. Orders have to be placed in bulk, and the entire fabrication and embroidery process still takes some time and can't be done overnight.

As we all know the Purple and Lime shirt could sell and sell and sell all season but the club seem to not want to take our money and made the now away kit limited edition.

The 2 below quotes are from DaveL and Bristol Sport.

Am I being thick or do the 2 contradict themselves?

The nail has been well and truly hit on the head.

And no contradiction, the last 8 words of your second quote is enough. The anticipation of demand (AND supply) seems to have overwhelmed the club. I'm grateful they released a fans favourite and self-produced the kit.

I'm not a expert in sporting production goods, but I'll take their respectable word for it. Like when they gave a order deadline :)

Let us not dwell my you padawan. Dwelling is for the week...

I also think if they sold the P&L kit all season.. the stock they have of the home/away kit wouldn't shift. In that sense they probably are looking at moving that stock from November onwards.

Wouldn't be surprised if the P&L becomes our away kit next year though...

• Admin

I also think if they sold the P&L kit all season.. the stock they have of the home/away kit wouldn't shift. In that sense they probably are looking at moving that stock from November onwards.

Wouldn't be surprised if the P&L becomes our away kit next year though...

In normal clothing sales that would be deemed a disaster, someone clearly didn't do their research

If for no other reason that it was the first time producing our own kits, surely somebody somewhere should have made the decision not just to make unnecessary numbers of kit before seeing what the sales were like first?

Archived