IGNORED

Dolman Queues

CyderInACan

What's the point of queueing in an orderly fashion when the stewards can't/won't stop people pushing in and going straight to the front of the queue to the turnstiles down the side of the Dolman? On asking a steward why they allowed this to happen his response was "what would you rather, the police do it?" Actually mate, if you can't be bothered to do your job properly, then yes, yes I would!

BCFC please can you have - at the very least - some form of control over your matchday staff? This is not the first time this season nor, if our form continues as it has been, will it be the last. Imploring people to arrive early, only to be greeted by some form of entrance lottery at the turnstiles, does not make for a great start to the afternoon, if the stewards can't be bothered what's the bloody point!

What's the point of queueing in an orderly fashion when the stewards can't/won't stop people pushing in and going straight to the front of the queue to the turnstiles down the side of the Dolman? On asking a steward why they allowed this to happen his response was "what would you rather, the police do it?" Actually mate, if you can't be bothered to do your job properly, then yes, yes I would!

BCFC please can you have - at the very least - some form of control over your matchday staff? This is not the first time this season nor, if our form continues as it has been, will it be the last. Imploring people to arrive early, only to be greeted by some form of entrance lottery at the turnstiles, does not make for a great start to the afternoon, if the stewards can't be bothered what's the bloody point!

We win 3-2 against the team who are/were 2nd in the league and still some people find something to moan about. If the worst we have to put up with this season is someone getting in the ground slightly quicker than you, then it's been a good season hasn't it?

We win 3-2 against the team who are/were 2nd in the league and still some people find something to moan about. If the worst we have to put up with this season is someone getting in the ground slightly quicker than you, then it's been a good season hasn't it?

But what is we run out of pies? What else can our food vouchers be spent on? 

glad to hear there are still issues getting in.means i havent made a wrong call. i havent been yet this season and wont until i know its all running smoothly.

if it doesnt happen then the club lose our 3 regular attendances for this season. simple as.

????? Reallly??? You are glad?????? ' Right - I'm not leaving my house until the world is perfect. Not a moment before!'

Come on mate, it really isn't that bad. I've been to every home game in the Dolman and the longest I've had to queue is easily less than 5 minutes and the worst problem I've had is them not letting my sons' can of coke in!!

You're missing some great football.

Believe you me, SuperDziek, I could moan about more than just the queues today! On the pitch all is going very well, I agree. Off the field, however, we still have some way to go I'm very much afraid.

Being top of the league does not make the club immune from criticism about the way they conduct themselves and where clear - and easy - improvements can be made. The response from the steward was nothing short of pathetic, if that's the way the club want to explain themselves to unhappy fans then what hope is there for anything ever getting better?

glad to hear there are still issues getting in.means i havent made a wrong call. i havent been yet this season and wont until i know its all running smoothly.

if it doesnt happen then the club lose our 3 regular attendances for this season. simple as.

Yo Geezer...with all the ground improvements and such i bet they are shitting themselves....now **** off and stay ****** off x

You are hereby banned, we're playing great without you and the last few seasons performances have clearly been all your fault :P

sort of expected that response. my fault,could have worded better. 

i bring my disabled uncle who loves the footy but had a stroke recently and has lost his memory. if we get split up,he panics wanders off,not remembering where to go or look for us.

this would lead to hours spent looking for him until we found him.

another side effect is his temper. sees red and blows up at the slightest thing. most would be mad and just let someone pushing in goiover their head but he would be likely to create a scene.not something i want to be responsible for, hence my reasons for staying away until i know its running pretty smoothly.

apologies for not explaining this earlier,hope it helps explain my post a bit

The queues at the Dolman turnstiles do not start to build up massively until about 2.40, and this has been the case for every game this season. Turnstiles are open from  3 hours before kick off, so anybody who hates queueing for more than a few minutes should arrive before 2.40. Also, the queues were gone by 3.02, which means that the vast majority of people were in the Dolman by kick off, with just late comers missing the first kick. It amazes me though, how the queues move at a fairly slow speed up until the Robin Hood music meaning the players are coming out, and then everything seems to move at double time, reminiscent of those old black and white movies. Maybe we should get a petition up to play Robin Hood at 2.40.

I'm not sure if this is done sort of ironic, tongue in cheek joke, or if you really have such an over inflated sense of your own self importance that you are missing a potentially historic season because you don't want to que for a few mins...?!

I have yet to que for more than 2 mins to get into the Dolman for any game this season.

Arrive a little earlier, as advised, get in and have a pint in the Dolman Hall bar. Works perfectly for us.

I'm not sure if this is done sort of ironic, tongue in cheek joke, or if you really have such an over inflated sense of your own self importance that you are missing a potentially historic season because you don't want to que for a few mins...?!

I have yet to que for more than 2 mins to get into the Dolman for any game this season.

Arrive a little earlier, as advised, get in and have a pint in the Dolman Hall bar. Works perfectly for us.

i was kind of hoping my second post explained the situation a bit,

thank you for the info tho,and surfin robin and Horse with no name,.as i said in the second post,i could have worded a lot better first time round.

could i ask one more thing,how is it exiting the dolman after the final whistle now.

this part is not such an issue as we often remain there until the crowds die down.there has been no mention yet of this part of the day.

thanks again

there's no need to get there early and go to the Dolman for a drink. You can go wherever you want for a drink and get there just before kick off. All you need to do is push in round the side of the dolman cos nobody stops you, works a treat for me every time.

Maybe you could take your fantastic support somewhere else then, the gate doesn't need you!!!

I sit in block f williams and usually get there for about half 2 and walk straight in. Yesterday I had just got back from my holiday and got a lift straight to the ground from the airport arriving at 5 to 3. Queues were quite bad getting in but got to my seat a moment before agard scored. Guessing a few that were still queuing behind me would have missed it.

Did wonder if I had missed an announcement of some sort during the week I was away regarding issues with getting into the ground or whether it is like that every game when you get there that late?

i was kind of hoping my second post explained the situation a bit,

thank you for the info tho,and surfin robin and Horse with no name,.as i said in the second post,i could have worded a lot better first time round.

could i ask one more thing,how is it exiting the dolman after the final whistle now.

this part is not such an issue as we often remain there until the crowds die down.there has been no mention yet of this part of the day.

thanks again

We stay and clap the team off, before heading out from Dolman B block.

It takes a few mind longer than previously.

Once the refurb is done, there will be lots of exit points meaning virtually no waiting around.

I think some are missing the point here. No matter what time you turn up, the club stewards should be able to do their job properly and not let people jump the queue. It's a fairly fundamental basic of a "queue" in that you don't just barge to the front, unchallenged by those employed by the club to, presumably, ensure that entry is fairly based on the time you arrived.

Selfish c***s

I think some are missing the point here. No matter what time you turn up, the club stewards should be able to do their job properly and not let people jump the queue. It's a fairly fundamental basic of a "queue" in that you don't just barge to the front, unchallenged by those employed by the club to, presumably, ensure that entry is fairly based on the time you arrived.

Selfish c***s

This is exactly right. If I choose to turn up at ten to three and there is a queue then so be it.

That is not an issue. I'll join it & get in when I get in.

But to have selfish fellow fans push/barge by, who have turned up later than me, start

Their own line or just try and tag on the outside of an existing line is out of

Order. The club employ stewards in the turnstyle area & but they're uninterested or unwilling to do whats needed

To keep things orderly & help arrange a sensible entry to the ground.

This is exactly right. If I choose to turn up at ten to three and there is a queue then so be it.

That is not an issue. I'll join it & get in when I get in.

But to have selfish fellow fans push/barge by, who have turned up later than me, start

Their own line or just try and tag on the outside of an existing line is out of

Order. The club employ stewards in the turnstyle area & but they're uninterested or unwilling to do whats needed

To keep things orderly & help arrange a sensible entry to the ground.

Easily done with those taped barriers like you see at airports to make you walk the long way round to get to passport control, or at the post office.

#cashiernumber2

Archived