IGNORED

Dolman Queues

CyderInACan

What do you do for 40minutes?

I would guess some or one of the following.

Dolman hall for the last ten minutes of the lunchtime game.

Chatting with friends.

Reading the match day programme.

Reading football related stuff on the Internet.

Going for a toilet break.

Watching the players warm up.

Having a cuppa or a pie or something.

It isn't a huge amount of time to fill.

I would guess some or one of the following.

Dolman hall for the last ten minutes of the lunchtime game.  I can understand that

Chatting with friends.  Let's hope there isn't much music being played

Reading the match day programme.  Haven't bought one this season and we are unbeaten.  I believe there is a link.

Reading football related stuff on the Internet.  Internet reception?  In Ashton Gate?  I'm on Vodaphone, fat bloody chance of that for me.

Going for a toilet break.  Not for 40 minutes

Watching the players warm up.  Hmm, not the most exciting activity

Having a cuppa or a pie or something.  Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!

It isn't a huge amount of time to fill.  It is an eternity when you can't wait for the game to start

glad to hear there are still issues getting in.means i havent made a wrong call. i havent been yet this season and wont until i know its all running smoothly.

if it doesnt happen then the club lose our 3 regular attendances for this season. simple as.

Not been this year, love to know your understanding of regulars. If you don't want to queue get there 15 mins early, no real hassle.

sort of expected that response. my fault,could have worded better.

i bring my disabled uncle who loves the footy but had a stroke recently and has lost his memory. if we get split up,he panics wanders off,not remembering where to go or look for us.

this would lead to hours spent looking for him until we found him.

another side effect is his temper. sees red and blows up at the slightest thing. most would be mad and just let someone pushing in goiover their head but he would be likely to create a scene.not something i want to be responsible for, hence my reasons for staying away until i know its running pretty smoothly.

apologies for not explaining this earlier,hope it helps explain my post a bit

Honestly squirrel as long as you're in the ground before 2:30 you won't have an issue. I'm always in the ground by 2:20 latest and I literally can't ever remember queuing, either before or since the redevelopment started.

Get yourselves down to the ground, the football and general sense of optimism around the ground is pretty special at the moment, particularly compared to the last 5-6 years.

Should try sitting in the unreserved E block only to be told 1 minute before kick off by a steward that your in someone's seat! I dispair sometimes.

That happened to us as well, didn't realise you could insist on ' your seat ' in an unreserved block.

Also loads with upper E block tickets struggled to find any seat, so still loads with tickets for elsewhere taking the piss,

This needs sorting.

What's the point of queueing in an orderly fashion when the stewards can't/won't stop people pushing in and going straight to the front of the queue to the turnstiles down the side of the Dolman? On asking a steward why they allowed this to happen his response was "what would you rather, the police do it?" Actually mate, if you can't be bothered to do your job properly, then yes, yes I would!

BCFC please can you have - at the very least - some form of control over your matchday staff? This is not the first time this season nor, if our form continues as it has been, will it be the last. Imploring people to arrive early, only to be greeted by some form of entrance lottery at the turnstiles, does not make for a great start to the afternoon, if the stewards can't be bothered what's the bloody point!

I think I must have won the lottery, mate. We were at the tail end of the queue going in through the main turnstiles at about 14:45 and were ushered to go through the ones on the side, to the left as you look at it coming in.

The turnstiles there were virtually unused until we were sent there an a queue formed.

Absolutely no excuse for City not to have more people-friendly stewards though, an a more efficient system. E block Williams sounds an absolute carry on. There's a newly formed Q&A forum at the top of otib on trial, pose it there.

City need to sort this shit if we're gonna seriously progress.

We win 3-2 against the team who are/were 2nd in the league and still some people find something to moan about. If the worst we have to put up with this season is someone getting in the ground slightly quicker than you, then it's been a good season hasn't it?

And with that attitude, nothing will ever change and the club will continue to lose revenue :grr:

What's the point of queueing in an orderly fashion when the stewards can't/won't stop people pushing in and going straight to the front of the queue to the turnstiles down the side of the Dolman? On asking a steward why they allowed this to happen his response was "what would you rather, the police do it?" Actually mate, if you can't be bothered to do your job properly, then yes, yes I would!

BCFC please can you have - at the very least - some form of control over your matchday staff? This is not the first time this season nor, if our form continues as it has been, will it be the last. Imploring people to arrive early, only to be greeted by some form of entrance lottery at the turnstiles, does not make for a great start to the afternoon, if the stewards can't be bothered what's the bloody point!

Do the stewards behave like this at the rugby?

That happened to us as well, didn't realise you could insist on ' your seat ' in an unreserved block.

Also loads with upper E block tickets struggled to find any seat, so still loads with tickets for elsewhere taking the piss,

This needs sorting.

Interesting , we've been moved from Block A to E block, given season tickets there, had no idea it was usually unreserved, I'm guessing we're not the only ones. Has the potential for causing a fair bit of confusion under the circumstances. Is it usually totally unreserved , no seat numbers on tickets bought etc?

Interesting , we've been moved from Block A to E block, given season tickets there, had no idea it was usually unreserved, I'm guessing we're not the only ones. Has the potential for causing a fair bit of confusion under the circumstances. Is it usually totally unreserved , no seat numbers on tickets bought etc?

It was sold as unreserved areas: E1, E2, LOWER E RIGHT, LOWER E LEFT AND F BLOCK'S all unreserved seating. Seat numbers on the tickets/season cards is just for club use to know what they've sold not to be taken as that's your seat. Will be an absolute nightmare if they have to keep moving people every game.  

It was sold as unreserved areas: E1, E2, LOWER E RIGHT, LOWER E LEFT AND F BLOCK'S all unreserved seating. Seat numbers on the tickets/season cards is just for club use to know what they've sold not to be taken as that's your seat. Will be an absolute nightmare if they have to keep moving people every game.  

What they managed to fit that all onto one ticket? Pretty non specific, christ knows what that means. Thought it all looked a bit random on sat, luckily no-one appeared too irritated but it's going to happen if we carry on getting decent crowds.

What they managed to fit that all onto one ticket? Pretty non specific, christ knows what that means. Thought it all looked a bit random on sat, luckily no-one appeared too irritated but it's going to happen if we carry on getting decent crowds.

Quite, the problems because when you reach the top of the stairway, there are no stewards checking you go into the correct block for your ticket,

some fans are not going in the correct block for their ticket, because they want to be up with their mates / singers,

the seats are unreserved, the blocks are meant to be ,

upper E this is.

I think this may have morphed from a Dolman to a Williams discussion, with some confusion in the middle. 

Spend half my life in a state of confusion, so happy to take the blame. Pretty confident I've sat in the Dolman for the last 10 years or so , but better go check my tickets.

Spend half my life in a state of confusion, so happy to take the blame. Pretty confident I've sat in the Dolman for the last 10 years or so , but better go check my tickets.

Wasn't aimed at you.  Cidersnotjustforbreakfast and Sodburyred are the main culprits I think.

No blocks in the Dolman are unreserved.

Archived