IGNORED

Baldock Regretting His Move!

Anglia Red

Baldock injured with slight calf strain today. Hope we go up and them down haha

Would be ironic and, in the same vain, I wonder if Karl Darlow and Laschelles?? (mis-spelt?) are regretting their suspended big money move to the Premier League which could actually see them making a big money move FROM the Premier League back down to the Championship? Ha ha ha. So hope it happens.

Went on the Brighton forum in midweek to ask how he got on, and the majority said he runs around a lot, but doesn't have that end product.

He'll take time to settle in, but he'll come good for them.

They must have had him watched, maybe they wanted someone that runs around a lot, avoids physical contact, can't jump or head the ball and needs it on a plate to score, if so they are probably happy with what they have got.

My view is probably a lone one but I was never really that sold on Baldock. I thought he got beat to the ball a lot by defenders and his 1-1 conversions was pretty ordinary.

I was pleased we got a decent amount of money and I genuinely believe we're better now with what we have.

Nonetheless I wish him well but does it bother me how he does for Brighton? Not at all.

It wasn't just Sam's choice to leave- it was also that of Lansdown who is emphatically proving he is learning from past mistakes.

OTIB seems to be suffering from a form of amnesia due to our current altitude in the league table. This time last year relegation was increasingly a distinct possibility and building momentum. We looked the worst team in a decade with the worst coach.

Between Jet and Baldock's goals we avoided back to back relegation and amazinglySC brought us to mid table finish from bottom of the league. I haven't forgotten this and am grateful to both these players for being instrumental in keeping us up wherever their future is.

My view is probably a lone one but I was never really that sold on Baldock. I thought he got beat to the ball a lot by defenders and his 1-1 conversions was pretty ordinary.

I was pleased we got a decent amount of money and I genuinely believe we're better now with what we have.

Nonetheless I wish him well but does it bother me how he does for Brighton? Not at all.

Seeing as he was L1 top scorer last season, I wonder what he'd have to do to "sell" himself to you?

Hit the net every time he was within range, perhaps?

We've seen from last season that if Sam is used well, he'll convert a goodly number of chances. Second tier defences and keepers are going to be better than those he faced for us then, but if he isn't expected to out-jump towering defenders he'll get some for Brighton. We've seen his form dip then soar.

No reason why it won't again.

Couldn't give a stuff about him tbh. He made his choice.

He was always going to go.

If it wasn't when he did go, then it would've been in January.

Any body who believes a professional football player when they say they're happy here, and all the other sound bytes they spew out when in the last year of their contract is naive in the extreme. The reality is, their agent (If he's doing his job properly) will be putting out feelers even though a new contract may be under discussion.

We're 2-3 years away from offering the facilities Brighton can, and could not compete with the wages on offer. As soon as he started piling up the goals last season, it was, inevitably, a foregone conclusion he would go.

Anyway, he's gone, good luck to him, we've got a more than adequate replacement, and the wedge we got for him paid for everyone else who joined.

Time to move on..

Both are quality players with different attributes, I wish Baldock well for the future and am planning to enjoy Agards play and goals for the foreseeable - that's football and for the first time in years (prob since 2008) I'm really enjoying every bit of it! (Lows, frustrations and swearing to come later but that's footy too!)

I am going to be brave and put it out there and say Kieran Agard looks a better player than Baldock given the games I have seen him in.

Now for me to be destroyed by some...

Whilst I can't say 'he is better' I can say I'm excited to see him play.

He's a different type of player. Strong and quick, and looking to get behind the last man at every opportunity.

Probably slightly better suited than Sam to the way we are playing.

It really makes me laugh.

It was only a matter of weeks ago when the talk of baldock leaving and jet not certain of a starting place was met with a load of whinging on how cotterill could contremplate disposing of a 50 goal strike force from last season.

So many shortsighted fans on here.

Last season around this time up to Dec, fans on here were wanting to drive him to whatever club would take him after he missed a series of one on ones.

Then it was the end of the world if he went six months later...

I think Agard is stronger on the ball against big strong sides such as yesterday you need that . Great midfield we have one but at times yesterday getting muscled of the ball a bit but wound not want to change as they can play some super football

100% agree, miles stronger on the ball, am I right in thinking we haven't seen Agard do the flip after scoring, probably for the best done want to pick up an unnecessary injuries.

Archived