IGNORED

Baldock Regretting His Move!

Anglia Red

Last season around this time up to Dec, fans on here were wanting to drive him to whatever club would take him after he missed a series of one on ones.

Then it was the end of the world if he went six months later...

It's lucky we don't have fickle fans at BCFC!

Last season around this time up to Dec, fans on here were wanting to drive him to whatever club would take him after he missed a series of one on ones.

Then it was the end of the world if he went six months later...

Almost certainly different fans. But it wasn't just one on ones he was missing by any means, I can remember point blank open goal headers somehow being directed wide. Not just a loss of form, a disintegration.

Don't know about 'being willing to drive him to whatever club would take him', but let's just say some of us were alot less impresesed with Baldock than others, and far less willing to make excuses for him.

Agard cost City well under half the price we got for SB which is fantastic business for the club as to me Agard looks at least as good, and seems to have fitted in immediately both on and off the pitch.

With Baldock's early form for City this season, and so far failing to get off the mark at Brighton, there's no doubt we've got a far more potent looking striker in our team with Agard.

Almost certainly different fans. But it wasn't just one on ones he was missing by any means, I can remember point blank open goal headers somehow being directed wide. Not just a loss of form, a disintegration.

Don't know about 'being willing to drive him to whatever club would take him', but let's just say some of us were alot less impresesed with Baldock than others, and far less willing to make excuses for him.

Agard cost City well under half the price we got for SB which is fantastic business for the club as to me Agard looks at least as good, and seems to have fitted in immediately both on and off the pitch.

With Baldock's early form for City this season, and so far failing to get off the mark at Brighton, there's no doubt we've got a far more potent looking striker in our team with Agard.

I entirely agree. I would however have liked to have been greedy and kept both. It still concerns me that I think we are one short squad wise up front.

The king is dead. Long live the king!

This. Sammy played his part in helping turn our form and confidence around.

For that, thanks, and I wish him well. He has a four year Championship contract whatever, so I really doubt he is regretting his move, we got a decent enough price, nothing for anyone to be angry about.

He is now gone, and we have new heroes to cheer. That is all I really care about.

This. Sammy played his part in helping turn our form and confidence around.

For that, thanks, and I wish him well. He has a four year Championship contract whatever, so I really doubt he is regretting his move, we got a decent enough price, nothing for anyone to be angry about.

He is now gone, and we have new heroes to cheer. That is all I really care about.

Interesting phrase because both SB's form and confidence were at a distinctly low ebb for a few of months last seaon.

He certainly played his part once these were restored, but, with his recent big money move very much dependent on him recapturing both, he has alot to thank Cotterill and his team mates for.

As for not regretting the move, yes, he has got that 4 year deal, and if that's all that matters to him then he certainly won't.

Career wise we'll see whether he can go on to hold down a regular place at Brighton and how the land lies for both clubs at the end of the season.

It seems to me Cotterill not only knew sometime in advance SB was going, but, with Agard signed was quite content for him to do so, and if we are seen as being one short now in the striker department, I very much doubt he'd take him back on loan if the opportunity arose.

Unlikely BCFC have any regrets about his move, whether SB has or not.

Local paper reporting a calf strain

leading to veal, steaks etc... wtf? ... One things certain, more than one person here is a leg-puller! :)

there's no knee'd to joke about these things although somebody always does & that's toe bad, fingers crossed SB's calf heel's pretty quickly, its hardly a-moos-ing, think I'll stop now before someone beefs about it and mi-steak-enly accuses me of milking it far too much.

(Hmm, hope I didn't make too much of a pigs ear of this post?)

Archived