IGNORED

Atyeo Queues Saturday.

screech

Managed to get in a couple of minutes after Agards goal Saturday, the queue was horrific.

Lots of stewards standing around without scanners, I thought they were supposed to be installing temporary entrances to ease congestion? There are two big gates down the bottom, surely they can have one open for entrance with handheld scanners and the other for an exit. Once everybody is in, the temporary gate can be taken away and be used as an exit again.

Four turnstyles isn't enough.

Managed to get in a couple of minutes after Agards goal Saturday, the queue was horrific.

Lots of stewards standing around without scanners, I thought they were supposed to be installing temporary entrances to ease congestion? There are two big gates down the bottom, surely they can have one open for entrance with handheld scanners and the other for an exit. Once everybody is in, the temporary gate can be taken away and be used as an exit again.

Four turnstyles isn't enough.

One temporary turnstile being installed before next home game.

I arrived and joined the queue snaking behind the Atyeo at 1435. After 15 mins of waiting we were getting towards the front to see what we thought was others pushing in. They weren't, they were joining another queue for turnstile 1&2 which was a 1/5 of the length of the queue that I had stood patiently in. A steward was challenged as to why he hadn't informed anyone in the longer queue that their was a shorter one. He just looked gormless and informed us that we could join it if we liked. Really wasn't the point, from my view there was no clear queue management system in place.

For me an additional turnstile is welcomed, however I really don't think it will assist with Saturday's problem. A robust queue management system needs to be in place, maybe some Clear queuing areas marked out with temporary fences. Tensions were growing around me with disgruntled fans, I wouldn't be surprised if there had been some pushing and shoving with those arriving later than I had.

I arrived and joined the queue snaking behind the Atyeo at 1435. After 15 mins of waiting we were getting towards the front to see what we thought was others pushing in. They weren't, they were joining another queue for turnstile 1&2 which was a 1/5 of the length of the queue that I had stood patiently in. A steward was challenged as to why he hadn't informed anyone in the longer queue that their was a shorter one. He just looked gormless and informed us that we could join it if we liked. Really wasn't the point, from my view there was no clear queue management system in place.

For me an additional turnstile is welcomed, however I really don't think it will assist with Saturday's problem. A robust queue management system needs to be in place, maybe some Clear queuing areas marked out with temporary fences. Tensions were growing around me with disgruntled fans, I wouldn't be surprised if there had been some pushing and shoving with those arriving later than I had.

You don't expect gorm from Rentathug. Most clubs employ permanent stewards who know the ground and the fans and have some commitment to making things work. We don't :(

You don't expect gorm from Rentathug. Most clubs employ permanent stewards who know the ground and the fans and have some commitment to making things work. We don't :(

John

Your persistent and ill-founded attacks on our stewards are getting tiresome, If you have a specific comment or complaint about poor stewarding, then please email me and I will follow it up. Given that you rarely attend matches at Ashton Gate, I'm not sure on what basis you can support your 'rentathug' comments.

We have a settled team of stewards at Ashton Gate, many of whom have been there for many years. Last year, the club won the award for the friendliest and most welcoming matchday staff in the entire Football League - thanks in no small measure to the hard work put in by our stewarding team.

Of course mistakes are made, and these are rigorously followed up by our stewarding supervisors, However I also receive many emails, letters and personal comments praising the customer service offered by our stewards.

John

Your persistent and ill-founded attacks on our stewards are getting tiresome, If you have a specific comment or complaint about poor stewarding, then please email me and I will follow it up. Given that you rarely attend matches at Ashton Gate, I'm not sure on what basis you can support your 'rentathug' comments.

We have a settled team of stewards at Ashton Gate, many of whom have been there for many years. Last year, the club won the award for the friendliest and most welcoming matchday staff in the entire Football League - thanks in no small measure to the hard work put in by our stewarding team.

Of course mistakes are made, and these are rigorously followed up by our stewarding supervisors, However I also receive many emails, letters and personal comments praising the customer service offered by our stewards.

Dave I can understand your response however you have not responded to the suggestions made in the previous posts around queueing. Any chance on looking into the queue management issue?

Dave I can understand your response however you have not responded to the suggestions made in the previous posts around queueing. Any chance on looking into the queue management issue?

I'm looking into that right now. I'll respond in full when I've got all the necessary information.

4000 fans 4 turnstyles there is going to be queues no matter what, thats why they said try and get to the game early

The club can advise that all they want but unless they liaise with public transport in the area I cant get there earlier. A train that gets into parson street at 2:35 means I cant get to the ground until 2:45.

The club can advise that all they want but unless they liaise with public transport in the area I cant get there earlier. A train that gets into parson street at 2:35 means I cant get to the ground until 2:45.

not every one can, but alot can, its a shame there are no bar facilites in the atyeo like there is in the dolman as imo that would of helped the situation,

sadly I don't think much can be done other then an orderly queue which fans need to adhere too sadly some won't and it causes problems for the rest of us,

How many Gates are there at present is it one or two? I can't picture it in my head,

When I had a problem with my ticket this season I was let in via the gate next to the turnstyle with a steward using a hand scanner, can this not be utilised?,

When I use to sit in the atyeo and there was a queue there was always one long queue and one short one with everyone joining the long queue, is that still happening?

• Admin

its a shame there are no bar facilites in the atyeo like there is in the dolman as imo that would of helped the situation,

Why would anyone be interested in drinking in the DEH?

Drinks are overpriced - the service is too slow !

Will stick to drinking in surrounding pubs that know how to serve to demand

Why would anyone be interested in drinking in the DEH?

Drinks are overpriced - the service is too slow !

Will stick to drinking in surrounding pubs that know how to serve to demand

I'm of the same op, but people do use it, if the same facilites were in the atyeo people would also use it,

Ok guys.......here I go

Was queuing for Walsall tickets at 2.30 when a friendly steward pointed me towards another window with no queue as tickets had sold out and they were taking phone numbers to call back. Then strolled round back of Atyeo before joining a short queue to enter ground. Bit of banter with the steward and inside in 5 minutes. This morning came the phone call and my Walsall tickets are on their way( I hope). Yes, I was at Ashton Gate and, on this occasion, they were flawless. Thanks guys.

4000 fans 4 turnstyles there is going to be queues no matter what, thats why they said try and get to the game early

Yep and I would have loved to have been able to get there earlier, but I live an hours drive away and had taken my son to play football in the morning and got there as soon as I could.

Parking around Ashton gate is absolute shit, the train service from where I live is equally as bad, so I have to make do with the car and hope to grab a parking space where I can.

We have the same amount of turnstyles as 400 away fans.

All I am saying is, there is a relatively cheap way to make better use of entrance to the Atyeo via a temporary turnstyle using one of the large gates by the existing turnstyles, I asked a steward why this wasn't possible to do given there was a massive queue, he just said we can't do that.

Surely the club still have handheld scanners available that they can use?

Yep and I would have loved to have been able to get there earlier, but I live an hours drive away and had taken my son to play football in the morning and got there as soon as I could.

Parking around Ashton gate is absolute shit, the train service from where I live is equally as bad, so I have to make do with the car and hope to grab a parking space where I can.

We have the same amount of turnstyles as 400 away fans.

All I am saying is, there is a relatively cheap way to make better use of entrance to the Atyeo via a temporary turnstyle using one of the large gates by the existing turnstyles, I asked a steward why this wasn't possible to do given there was a massive queue, he just said we can't do that.

Surely the club still have handheld scanners available that they can use?

I would agree but arent those gates a fire escape are they aloud to block them?

Questions Dl needs to answer

Archived