IGNORED

10 Game Blocks

brad blit

OK first 10 games have been and gone, 7 wins and 3 draws is a dream start which no1 would have predicted! But now we know the team and form of opposition teams perhaps we can guess the 2nd block of 10 -

Walsall (A)

Chesterfield (H)

Coventry (A)

Bradford (H)

Barnsley (A)

Oldham (H)

Swindon (A)

Preston (H)

Posh (A)

Crawley H)

So I want predictions for overall points, goals scored and goals conceeded - il start with

Points - 18 (5wins, 3 Draws and 2 Losses being Coventry & Posh away)

Goals Scored - 18

Goals Conceeded - 9

Going by our current form alone, I actually make my predictions total 21Pts, 16F, 9A

Although It would be truely remarkable to continue similar to our current form over another 10 games.

I would be delighted with 18 points, happy with 16 and satisfied with 14. Although I can't see (currently) where we will drop 12-16 pts!

The big test will be how we respond when we lose a game or 2!

We are playing some of the best football I have ever seen from us and I have been going since 1958.There is no team who can live with us in this division if we keep playing as we are now but then injuries,suspensions and poor pitches and temporary loss of form haven't kicked in yet but that is the same for all teams.We fear no one.

don't agree with the OP about Coventry as we always win there, i think the hardest game will be Posh they are a club on the up with there fans right behind them, Swindle will be tricky as we never seam to play well there so a point would be very good, would also take a point against a good Preston side, can see us getting 6 wins so 20 points is possible

Last time I can remember was when Peacock and Hill scored in a 2-1 win. Over 10 years?

Probably a defeat there I expect.

Cheers stog and Alex. Long old time. Time to change that. Could be a high scoring game judging by their and our results. I think they have 3 strikers that all have scored 5+ this season.

I think we will come unstuck at Swindon, when was the last time we beat them? They are playing very very well to be fair.

No offence to you TRL but it irritates me when people go back to the history books. It's there to be broken and we are playing some of the best stuff I've ever seen. It doesn't matter when we last beaten somebody, every season is a new season!

Look at Sheff Utd on the opening day? Hadn't won there since the 50s.

Last time I can remember was when Peacock and Hill scored in a 2-1 win. Over 10 years?

Probably a defeat there I expect.

Was at that game, 12 years ago now? was Hills first goal I think. Away end was sold out, we were also give a small allocation in the end block of the main stand, would never happen now. Quality Win.

City have a cracking record at Coventry so I can't see a defeat there. However I can see a defeat at the County Ground where CItys record is pretty dire. I fancy another win at Posh this season.

Hmmmm, I didn't see 5-4 last season!

It must've been the fact that we weren't in Coventry that confused the side.

I'd say that anything over 16 would be great, & that number would be a brilliant get.

Would leave us on 40 points from 20; a fantastic total, and that after one of the toughest 'blocks' of games we'll face.

That said; sky's the limit just now, and I struggle to bet against us week-on-week. Gotta tighten up at the back a bit, but they squad must believe they can win every game, and that is great to see.

don't agree with the OP about Coventry as we always win there, i think the hardest game will be Posh they are a club on the up with there fans right behind them, Swindle will be tricky as we never seam to play well there so a point would be very good, would also take a point against a good Preston side, can see us getting 6 wins so 20 points is possible

I believe the Swindle game is more than likely due to be postponed due to internationals.

I see today that John Obika is out for 3 months so a small chink in their forward armour there which has got to help, depending on when it may be rearranged for.

Cheers stog and Alex. Long old time. Time to change that. Could be a high scoring game judging by their and our results. I think they have 3 strikers that all have scored 5+ this season.

One of those, Obika, is crocked for 12 weeks though.

Getting Loza as a replacement who is totally unproven: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29424209

It's the block of three against Swindle, Posh and Preston where i can see points being dropped. Out of the 10, I think 18 is pretty realistic though.

I noticed those 3 games in a block too, not sure if it won't be a barren patch for us except we should be good for a point at least in the Preston game as it's at home. Will be glad to get that trio out the way.

Archived