IGNORED

Virgin Complain About 'football' Prices

1960maaan

Interesting article, Virgin media complain to OFCOM about the bidding process stating that TV prices are the highest in Europe.

So top of the league for Ticket prices and TV prices !!!  Nice to have someone on the fans side even if it is their own interests.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/09/30/britain-soccer-rights-virginmedia-idUKL6N0RV20I20140930

SPOILER ALERT;

I will save you several months of following this story by predicting nothing will change. Even if everyone agrees it's wrong.

Interesting article, Virgin media complain to OFCOM about the bidding process stating that TV prices are the highest in Europe.

So top of the league for Ticket prices and TV prices !!!  Nice to have someone on the fans side even if it is their own interests.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/09/30/britain-soccer-rights-virginmedia-idUKL6N0RV20I20140930

SPOILER ALERT;

I will save you several months of following this story by predicting nothing will change. Even if everyone agrees it's wrong.

Exactly this.

Most of the population are pathetic sheep and about as militant as a group of rather cross WI members caught in a light shower of rain.

They'll all keep paying Sky-high (sorry) prices and whinge quietly.

So top of the league for Ticket prices and TV prices !!! Nice to have someone on the fans side even if it is their own interests.

SPOILER ALERT;

Yep, symptomatic of rip-off Britain, another example is our public transport, the price of rail travel in this country is scandalous. (Virgin , um I mean, verging on the ridiculous)

Someone should draw up a list of 'Rip-Off Britain' examples - be very interesting to compare us with other countries.

Yep, symptomatic of rip-off Britain, another example is our public transport, the price of rail travel in this country is scandalous.

Someone should draw up a list of 'Rip-Off Britain' examples - be very interesting to compare us with other countries.

Much of Britain is a rip-off. Although, having had experience of working in other places I'd much rather stomach UK prices for most things.

Much of Britain is a rip-off. Although, having had experience of working in other places I'd much rather stomach UK prices for most things.

Very good point, let's be proud of what we get right, doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to make improvements where things aren't so good though...

Bad management, complacency, waste and efficiency can all be looked at and savings made passed on to the customer, we tend to balls things up (railway example) then pass the extra costs onto the public rather than sorting out failures in the management & systems... tax payers end up subsidising ballsed up systems alongside passenger fares, when if the management/ownership issues were tackled to provide a 'public service' -theres a novel idea ;) - everyone could and would benefit.

(We invent football, somehow manage to **** it up for the man in the street.. We invent the railways somehow manage to **** them up for the man in the street - other places benefit from our inventions take em on and somehow do it better.

Come on Britain... let's see a bit more of the Great that we've lost... Keep Britain Tidy for a start that seems a lifetime away, what happened to that notion?

One of the reasons TV prices are high is because Sky is prepared to pay almost anything to ensure it gets the contracts for the various sports packages. Virgin then has to pay Sky a commensurate sum to show SKY sport. Sky and Virgin need these contracts to keep the customers happy.

It's the same with any business - supply and demand. If the customers weren't prepared to pay, the prices would be lower.

One of the reasons TV prices are high is because Sky is prepared to pay almost anything to ensure it gets the contracts for the various sports packages. Virgin then has to pay Sky a commensurate sum to show SKY sport. Sky and Virgin need these contracts to keep the customers happy.

It's the same with any business - supply and demand. If the customers weren't prepared to pay, the prices would be lower.

It was - but not for the CL rights which it will let BT ruin its business by buying.

i'm sure Mrs Bridesmaid would concur ,in fact ,if i'm doing anything it's wrong and if i do nothing that's wrong as well.

Women can't live with 'em ...

:blink:

.... can't shoot 'em? (Only joking, Ladies)*

Like the rest of us, sounds like you're certainly not Always the bestman.

*Shooting women is almost always wrong

Archived