IGNORED

Too Confident

Go Junior GO

It's going to happen sooner or later, i would prefer it sooner to get it out of the way to see how the squad and SC handle it,

i'm sure as others have mentioned, they will take it in their stride.......... :fingerscrossed:

I'd rather it happened later, somewhere around late April/early May would suit me fine!

The last 2 games have taught the boys all they need to know about confidence or taking anything for granted.

Agree. The fact that we have given away a two goal lead two games on the trot should speak volumes. The plays know they are not invincible, and Steve certainly knows that too.

Part and parcel of being top of the league is that teams will raise their game for you.

How we handle that is going to determine whether or not we merit being there. By definition if we can not handle it, we will not stay there.

Manchester United was an example of how to best handle it.

Think confidence is key to our ability to handle it, it's tough at the top.

City will at some stage this season 'hit the wall' and when that happens it won't be simply down to over confidence but down to a variety of reasons. The list is almost endless. Loss of form, poor refereeing decisions, the 'run of the ball' going against City can all influence results.

Cotterill knows this and so do the majority of players and those that are inexperienced as first teasers will be carried along by Cotterill and the senior players.

Cotterill also knows that it's how his squad reacts 'to hitting the wall' that will determine this season.

Think Saturday is another tough game to be honest. Their league position is somewhat false as a lot if their players have only recently come back to fitness. They have recently beat Preston 3-1 so are now no mugs. We go aiming to win, but would not sniff at a point.

Think the main thing I worry about is how fans might react when we do finally get best.

Walsall away is exactly the sort of game where we might get caught out, so we should be pleased we've built a good lead already, so can afford the odd off day.

That said; as tough as this month looks, no one will want to play us right now, and how long had it been since we've been the team to beat?

Think the main thing I worry about is how fans might react when we do finally get best.

Walsall away is exactly the sort of game where we might get caught out, so we should be pleased we've built a good lead already, so can afford the odd off day.

That said; as tough as this month looks, no one will want to play us right now, and how long had it been since we've been the team to beat?

Personally, I'll go flipping mental., demand SC resign, call Flint hopeless, blame Lee Johnson and attack other posters on OTIB.

Personally, I'll go flipping mental., demand SC resign, call Flint hopeless, blame Lee Johnson and attack other posters on OTIB.

You jest (I hope...) but even though we are rolling along at a pace I'd say few if any imagined before the first ball was kicked, we do need to remember warnings like Orient last season, or many others before who've gone great guns, then slipped.

I think our weak spot is the unknown quantity that is the 'second string'; we literally don't know how most our bench boys will fare when called upon.

Sure, JET and Cunninngham have made some impact from the bench this year in certain games, but can't say I've any idea how things might go if say Smith or Elliot was forced out for a spell.

Cheltenham away should hopefully give us more insight into that aspect.

Don't think the 11 players owning the shirt at the moment can afford to get complacent what with the strong bench that we have. We will have a dip sooner or later but I think it will be just that and not a complete slump as the squad is far too good for that. With the start we have had even if we go 3 games without a win we will still only be 3 points or so from the top and certainly still be in the playoffs. Early days and much can happen but the signs are good. 

Its great to be where we are in the league but I'm worried that we and the players may be too confident going into Saturdays game, Im sure walsall will raise there game playing the top team and will want to silence the large away folllowing

thoughts

What have you seen  or heard to suggest that Cotts and the players are too confident ?

Shows how far we have come in ten months where we let a two goal lead go in two consecutive matches, yet gather four points in those two games and beat the team in second place behind us to boot!

The management led by SC and JP will not let anyone get complacent but will also do their very best to keep confidence levels where they are at present.

We've had enough misery in the last five years to last a lifetime so let us all enjoy the good times. This club is on the way up.

Well I for one was coming home from work last night, and I seen the City team on an open top bus riding round town, with a banner draped over the side saying "Premier League Winners 2016/17"

A dream or are you able to time travel? Either way, we all have the same ambitions that our club will one day be top of the pile.

My recurring dream is scoring the winner for City in the FA Cup Final.

Thank goodness they let me out of hospital on match days!

Archived