IGNORED

Today's Ref

GrahamC

Worst I have seen for a long time.  The sheer inconsistency of it all is so frustrating, how they got away with the body check on Burns I will never know.

Fair play to City for keeping their composure and not letting it affect their play.

I don't blame Chesterfield for playing how they did, why wouldn't they? The ref effectively encouraged it.

The very sad thing is though, is that the assessor watching the referees performance will most likely make no mention of his disgusting performance and probably give him good marks.

This is how out of touch officials are with the game i believe. Yes they are human and make mistakes, but those 3 today, more so the referee, may as well have been wearing white.

I know its ironic cheering, but the fact he was loudly cheered off by the Chesterfield fans at HT says it all.

Just thankful we got the result, although boy he tried his best to make it tough for us!

Presumably the ref and his assistants are drowning their sorrows in some Chesterfield boozer tonight.

Lovely how he ran over to check any of their players who went down was OK, whereas our guys could litter the pitch after being subject to off-the-ball kicks and elbows.

Most people won't agree with me, but I thought the crowd got a bit carried away at times. There were a lot of hard, but within the laws, tackles by Chesterfield. If City had made these tackles there would have been cheers instead of boos. A lot of people seem to forget that football is a contact sport, and for all the "bad" tackles today, nobody was injured by them (Korey Smith pulled a hamstring)

Most people won't agree with me, but I thought the crowd got a bit carried away at times. There were a lot of hard, but within the laws, tackles by Chesterfield. If City had made these tackles there would have been cheers instead of boos. A lot of people seem to forget that football is a contact sport, and for all the "bad" tackles today, nobody was injured by them (Korey Smith pulled a hamstring)

It was the off the ball incidents that worried me. Wes Burns's less than majestic start to the game might be explained partly by the fact that he was kicked in the back of the knee in an incident totally missed by the officials. Likewise Freeman was taken out by an off ball body check.

They weren't a fair side. They were the proverbial dirty northern bastsrds, and the diving antics made me extra glad they got beat . A display like that with a more card happy ref could easily see them having men sent off.

The penalty decision however was spot on.

2nd half. Chesterfield guy either won a penalty or blatantly dived. Looked like a dive to me. Referee waved play on. The decision was one or other but not play on. The most abject performance by three officials I can ever remember. The ironic round of applause when he awarded us a free kick was hilarious

All part of creating a hostile atmosphere. Right or wrong, going mad like we were will eventually earn us decisions by putting officials under pressure. They will bottle under constant pressure. We should definitely keep it up. Beats the old Gate library of years most recent.

Continual infringements before and when jumping for headers going unpunished, of the ball incidents missed or ignored, refusal or inability to play advantage, how did the Chesterfield diver escape a yellow card?

Linesmen running the line on the wrong side of the pitch blinded by a low setting sun.

We now play in the third tier of English football yet today both teams had to suffer a referee and linesmen that would be out of place officiating on The Downs.

Their keepers time wasting pissed me off as did their diving and play acting. IF THE ******* REFEE WAS ANY ****** USE HE WOULD HAVE BOOKED AT LEAST TWO OF THEM FOR DIVING OR PLAYACTING. That referee was the worst one I've EVER seen, he shouldnt be reffing a sunday league match let alone a L1 one...he was ******* DIRE...we got diddley squat from that useless ****...we won despite his best efforts.

I was amazed the way the lads were wound up by his dismal management of the game 1st half, we kept 11 on the pitch 2nd. Elliott, Wilabraham, Ayling among others were getting well pissed off...

I would think their referees report will be very far from complimentary...

That's what they're there for, you're supposed to be biased and opinionated as a fan, it's in the handbook.

It was the off the ball incidents that worried me. Wes Burns's less than majestic start to the game might be explained partly by the fact that he was kicked in the back of the knee in an incident totally missed by the officials. Likewise Freeman was taken out by an off ball body check.

They weren't a fair side. They were the proverbial dirty northern bastsrds, and the diving antics made me extra glad they got beat . A display like that with a more card happy ref could easily see them having men sent off.

The penalty decision however was spot on.

That's the thing that annoys me most.  Kick lumps off of people ? Then stand up, be a man and take it.

Don't piss and moan when someone give you some back , and the penalty dive? Ban them , it's cheating , that may stop it.

Archived