IGNORED

Bobby Reid At Plymouth...

spudski

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86113&sid=1bf8e894b8e61510ab6bed27d062811d

Another good game for them yesterday, know a season ticket holder there who can't praise him enough. Glad he is doing well and can kick on with us when he returns

Some praise that. Expected Bobby to do well there but he's even exceeding my expectations going by that thread! Happy for the lad.

The one thing in that Forum that did take me back was the comment about him not being afraid to shoot - must be confident then because his shooting when playing for us was pretty terrible and one of the things he definitley needed to improve on. Maybe playing in a more attacking role for them is helping!

At this moment in time I would say he's not in line for start (even with someone injured) so surely it makes sense for him to stay there for the season (with 48hr recall clause) as a whole season would really help his development - isnt he out of contract this year??

The one thing in that Forum that did take me back was the comment about him not being afraid to shoot - must be confident then because his shooting when playing for us was pretty terrible and one of the things he definitley needed to improve on. Maybe playing in a more attacking role for them is helping!

At this moment in time I would say he's not in line for start (even with someone injured) so surely it makes sense for him to stay there for the season (with 48hr recall clause) as a whole season would really help his development - isnt he out of contract this year??

It's a long season and i think he'll play some part later on in the season. Football can change very quickly and a few injuries would put him back in the squad.

Wes, Reid and Bryan all signed new deals recently, 3 years each i think.

Lets sort something out first, I don't think anyone at (it's) Argyle (btw) thinks you're rivals. We've got one, and that's Exeter, so I think you'll need to go a long way before finding a decent number of fans who think we're rivals. Us and Rovers is more competitive than you.

Anyway, Bobby (sorry - will be first name due to Reuben Reid) looks a very tidy little player. We've adopted a 3412 or 352 lately and he's best in the role behind the strikers, finding space, getting on the ball and bringing other people into the game. He's a very lively youngster, not afraid to shoot either and has played a big role in getting us up to 5th in the table. Offers virtually nothing defensively, but like him going forward.

I hope we sign him on loan until January, then subsequently the rest of the season. Top little player and I'm surprised he's out on loan - looks League 1 quality to me.

Cheers, hope all is well guys. I see you're not doing too badly! Neither are we really! :D

Worked at PAFC today.

Asked the media men about Bobby and they want him to stay! Said he's really influential to their midfield and been a reason for their good form.

I asked about this susposed bad attitude and they said it didn't seem like he was too big for his boots but he did spend most of his time with a player who does have a 'best thing since slice bread' attitude, Jason Banton.

That's a shame if so... I wonder what can be done to combat this attitude and give him a reality check.

Leave him at Home Park? (Although PAFC are doing quite well at the mo'). Let him then take the inevitable and well-trodden path to Bath City...Trowbridge Town...W-S-M... There'll be plenty of recognisable ex-City faces to keep him company along the road...

It is very sad to hear his attitude ain't right. But that's where he and Joe B differ; Bryan's attitude seems to be exemplary. 10% in the feet, 90% in the head, football...

Lets sort something out first, I don't think anyone at (it's) Argyle (btw) thinks you're rivals. We've got one, and that's Exeter, so I think you'll need to go a long way before finding a decent number of fans who think we're rivals. Us and Rovers is more competitive than you.

Anyway, Bobby (sorry - will be first name due to Reuben Reid) looks a very tidy little player. We've adopted a 3412 or 352 lately and he's best in the role behind the strikers, finding space, getting on the ball and bringing other people into the game. He's a very lively youngster, not afraid to shoot either and has played a big role in getting us up to 5th in the table. Offers virtually nothing defensively, but like him going forward.

I hope we sign him on loan until January, then subsequently the rest of the season. Top little player and I'm surprised he's out on loan - looks League 1 quality to me.

Cheers, hope all is well guys. I see you're not doing too badly! Neither are we really! :D

Interesting take on things from a PAFC fan. I've never thought of Plymouth as rivals, either. We get a bit carried away here turning this way and that like loose cannons, searching for anyone to fire our vitriol at. In the 80s when Plymouth were well above us it was a big game going down there (like in the Cup with Gary Marshall that time) but other than that and the 2004 season, they're a West Country team but not rivals. Similarly Swindon - how on earth are they our rivals? Why stop there? Might as well be Reading, too. Swindon aren't WC. And how come we get hett up about them but not Torquay (or Exeter). It can't be size as Swindle are tiny. Again, until Yeovil made it into our div no-one gave them a second thought, now some people give them 'all that' when they come down the Gate. We've got a derby, that's enough. Admittedly, we've dusted it up v Swinedon and Plymouth a good few times, but that's not cos they're local or rivals, just because they're the opposition.

Personally, I like Plymouth as a place (it has rough parts, but don't we all?) and Yeovil is a smashing part of Somerset. I have nothing against either. The Plymouth - Exeter rivalry is pretty intense: a good friend is a Grecian and says it's a rough game outside when they play, proper Devon v Devon (not Devon White v Devon White. That'd be X-rated).

I am mystified as to how vitriolic City fans - and football fans in general - get about so many bloody teams, it leaves me knackered just watching them spit fury. Personally, I save my ire (now laughter) for the gAssholes.

Plymouth? Good luck to them this season. Be nice to play them again some time soon... 

Interesting take on things from a PAFC fan. I've never thought of Plymouth as rivals, either. We get a bit carried away here turning this way and that like loose cannons, searching for anyone to fire our vitriol at. In the 80s when Plymouth were well above us it was a big game going down there (like in the Cup with Gary Marshall that time) but other than that and the 2004 season, they're a West Country team but not rivals. Similarly Swindon - how on earth are they our rivals? Why stop there? Might as well be Reading, too. Swindon aren't WC. And how come we get hett up about them but not Torquay (or Exeter). It can't be size as Swindle are tiny. Again, until Yeovil made it into our div no-one gave them a second thought, now some people give them 'all that' when they come down the Gate. We've got a derby, that's enough. Admittedly, we've dusted it up v Swinedon and Plymouth a good few times, but that's not cos they're local or rivals, just because they're the opposition.

Personally, I like Plymouth as a place (it has rough parts, but don't we all?) and Yeovil is a smashing part of Somerset. I have nothing against either. The Plymouth - Exeter rivalry is pretty intense: a good friend is a Grecian and says it's a rough game outside when they play, proper Devon v Devon (not Devon White v Devon White. That'd be X-rated).

I am mystified as to how vitriolic City fans - and football fans in general - get about so many bloody teams, it leaves me knackered just watching them spit fury. Personally, I save my ire (now laughter) for the gAssholes.

Plymouth? Good luck to them this season. Be nice to play them again some time soon...

I understand your thinking but I and many other City fans live in Wiltshire and have to put up with many delusional Swindle fans all the time, they're scum.

I understand your thinking but I and many other City fans live in Wiltshire and have to put up with many delusional Swindle fans all the time, they're scum.

That, my good friend, is more than reason enough to give it to them when we play them. You're absolutely right, living in Bristol means I am sheltered from that. In your position I think I'd consider it a rivalry, or whatever word might be used.

Fair play to you.

Archived