IGNORED

Jon Stead

halelee

Wow, looking at his stats since he left City technically 1 and half years ago his goal tally since is

3 goals since leaving us. Clearly the grass wasn't greener leaving us; far from it. 

Actually I will add I thought it did very well with us, and had fantastic passion. 

Pretty sure we let him go, not that he forced his way out, and he's never been a prolific striker

Wilbraham offers so much more.

Stead wanted to go back to Yorkshire.

Can't argue with your second sentence.

In my opinion - just an opinion - your first sentence is as about as wide of the mark as the distance between here and Bradford. And back again. Wilbraham's splendid contribution this season notwithstanding.

Just my opinion, not looking for an argument.

Jon Stead will get three cheers from me. Wilbraham and the team considerably more if they keep up current form.

Up the City!

Jon Stead. A lot of what is wrong with English football.

Lorded a hero and loved.....because he was a 'trier'.

Gave 100%.....but was only average, made to look better by an extremely poor team at the time

Damnit! I would have guessed the astronomical wages due to the ludicrous TV deals, thus alienating the common fan from those who play for their club.

You win some, you lose some I guess.

Jon Stead. A lot of what is wrong with English football.

Lorded a hero and loved.....because he was a 'trier'.

Gave 100%.....but was only average, made to look better by an extremely poor team at the time

I think a lot of what is wrong with English football is players that are happy just to pick up a wage who don't give a shit about the club and the fans, which is something you cannot say about Jon Stead, he'll get a round of applause from me on Tuesday.

Wow, looking at his stats since he left City technically 1 and half years ago his goal tally since is

3 goals since leaving us. Clearly the grass wasn't greener leaving us; far from it. 

Actually I will add I thought it did very well with us, and had fantastic passion. 

Not as bad as Maynard, who left us almost three years ago now and has only scored 8 goals since.

Will give Stead a good reception on Tuesday - he gave his all whilst here, can't ask for more than that.

I think a lot of what is wrong with English football is players that are happy just to pick up a wage who don't give a shit about the club and the fans, which is something you cannot say about Jon Stead, he'll get a round of applause from me on Tuesday.

Spot on, whatever you think about his ability Steady was/is a model pro who really seemed to care about our club and always gave his all. Comes across as a nice guy too so looking forward to giving him the reception he deserves

Not as bad as Maynard, who left us almost three years ago now and has only scored 8 goals since.

Will give Stead a good reception on Tuesday - he gave his all whilst here, can't ask for more than that.

Umm...excuse my pedant tendencies, but 8 in 3 years is actually better than 3 in 1.5...

As for JS, he's one of those that I will certainly applaud. Worked his socks off every time he pulled on the shirt and, for a side that was full of players who certainly didn't show the same effort. He also seemed to be one of the senior pros at the forefront of community activity.

Umm...excuse my pedant tendencies, but 8 in 3 years is actually better than 3 in 1.5...

As for JS, he's one of those that I will certainly applaud. Worked his socks off every time he pulled on the shirt and, for a side that was full of players who certainly didn't show the same effort. He also seemed to be one of the senior pros at the forefront of community activity.

Statistically, yes. But when you consider Maynard's pedigree as goal scorer you would have to suggest that eight in three years is pretty poor in comparison to that of Stead, who hasn't scored many wherever he's played throughout his career.

Statistically, yes. But when you consider Maynard's pedigree as goal scorer you would have to suggest that eight in three years is pretty poor in comparison to that of Stead, who hasn't scored many wherever he's played throughout his career.

Admittedly statistically I'm slightly off but there's that and the fact that we sold Maynard arguably at an age when strikers are supposed to be in their prime whereas Stead was going back to his local club to end his career.

Archived