IGNORED

Jet

OldlandReddies

Somehow we need to keep this boy happy. It will be a travesty if he were to move on because of a lack of game time. He is without doubt one of the most gifted players in this league and one of a few who has the quality to be a real game changer. We are lucky to have him but do need to get him involved more. I'm not saying that someone should be dropped to accommodate him but he should be given at least 20 minutes or so to make his impact really count and finish teams off.   

Somehow we need to keep this boy happy. It will be a travesty if he were to move on because of a lack of game time. He is without doubt one of the most gifted players in this league and one of a few who has the quality to be a real game changer. We are lucky to have him but do need to get him involved more. I'm not saying that someone should be dropped to accommodate him but he should be given at least 20 minutes or so to make his impact really count and finish teams off.   

Contract up at the end of the season. If Cotterill doesn't think he is good enough for league one then he won't be thinking he is good enough for the Championship, assuming we go up.

JET is gone in 6 months.

He's certainly an asset, but then as the team is singing along right now, it would be difficult to drop anyone to bring him in, unless injury or suspension made space, and we what neither on them.

Imagine he'll get another shot against AFC and time off the bench. We'll need him this season, and it is clear he's keen to contribute when he does get minutes at the moment.

Contract up at the end of the season. If Cotterill doesn't think he is good enough for league one then he won't be thinking he is good enough for the Championship, assuming we go up.

JET is gone in 6 months.

I do hope you are wrong. He clearly is good enough for this league and in my eyes is definitely Championship class. But, as you say, it aint up to us. 

JET is gone in 6 months.

When did Cotterill say that he didn't Jet wasn't good enough for League 1?

Squad Game...He'll get his chance....agree with the original poster though, Needs 15-20mins rather than the insulting and regular 3-4mins than he gets...

our form will dip at some point and hopefully he will be given a chance.

To say he will be gone in 6months is stupid though

I do hope you are wrong. He clearly is good enough for this league and in my eyes is definitely Championship class. But, as you say, it aint up to us. 

Yeah he's championship class but how many players do you see playing for decent teams in the championship and have half the quality JET has? His footballing quality is never in question

I wouldn't start him, but he should be coming on with 20 minutes to go. Wilbraham was knackered and kept giving the ball away more as the game went on, JET would of given us something different, and would always be a threat in front of goal. SC needs to utilize him more

My guess is that SC likes wilbur as much defensively as in attack, esp if we are winning narrowly at the end, ie a number of times this season.

As for JET i do like him alot, but he does go missing at times, and the problem with this is that it effects the team in terms of having a target, holding the ball up to bring others into play etc. when he does this well he is capable of much more than Wilbs, but there's no guarantee he will. That sadly is why i'm not convinced he'll be here next year.

Yeah he's championship class but how many players do you see playing for decent teams in the championship and have half the quality JET has? His footballing quality is never in question

I've seen a different side to JET this season. Whilst he hasn't been involved as much as he would have liked, to his credit Smith apart he was our best player v Cheltenham and he has made an immediate impact against both Chesterfield and Coventry to enable us to put games to bed and bank valuable points. His quality and more importantly his commitment is not in question. He still has a massive part to play this season IMO.   

The problem is so many different clubs can't be wrong.

His ability isn't in question.

His work rate and commitment is. Plenty of clubs moved him on.

I've seen a different side to JET this season. Whilst he hasn't been involved as much as he would have liked, to his credit Smith apart he was our best player v Cheltenham and he has made an immediate impact against both Chesterfield and Coventry to enable us to put games to bed and bank valuable points. His quality and more importantly his commitment is not in question. He still has a massive part to play this season IMO.

Not forgetting his involvement in our away win against Notts County

All this about work rate is absolutely ******* bollocks. I don't want him to chase lost causes, that is not his game.

Should be used more to maximise our effectiveness.

Which is essentially as an impact player or to hold the ball for last 15 mins. Which I doubt he will hang around for.

The fact is Wilbs and Agard bring more to the team.

Agree with that, and would not suggest changing the starting line up.

Equally there are games where we have gone flat, and Wilbs having given everything is tiring. Would love then for him to be a last twenty super sub, rather than a last two.

All this about work rate is absolutely ******* bollocks. I don't want him to chase lost causes, that is not his game.

Also, what is wrong with his commitment?!!

I agree its not about commitment; that can be expressed in different ways. But it is about consistency. I'd love him to stay and try and become more consistent, but i don't think he'd want to be an impact sub for the rest of the season and then sign another contract, which is what he'll probably be.

Also, what is wrong with his commitment?!!

I agree its not about commitment; that can be expressed in different ways. But it is about consistency. I'd love him to stay and try and become more consistent, but i don't think he'd want to be an impact sub for the rest of the season and then sign another contract, which is what he'll probably be.

I love JET but SC has found a system that is working extremely well without him. I would like to think he will get a chance but I can't see it. He will be off in the summer if not January. I don't understand why he isn't coming on for atleast 20mins for the likes of Wilbra, who gives absolutely everything. It's a long old season but don't think we should needlessly burn Wilbraham out when we have JET to come on and cut sides open

assist at Cov.

Major part in Burns goal.

Quality player.

All true plus 20 odd goals last season.

The 'problem' that has dogged him all his career is his perceived lack of willingness and effort. That, despite his obvious talent has pissed off virtually all the managers he's played under. That's why he's playing in League 1.

All true plus 20 odd goals last season.

The 'problem' that has dogged him all his career is his perceived lack of willingness and effort. That, despite his obvious talent has pissed off virtually all the managers he's played under. That's why he's playing in League 1.

Agree, there's been several managers who just had enough.

Dave Jones and Mick McCarthy are hardly novices too.

JET makes me want to watch football, he makes the money it cost worth it to see flashes of genius. I realise why people think as they do, but we're never going to win the champions league (in my lifetime...) so I'd rather see a few "ooh Arghh" moments than be a team of sloggers that grind results out.

We have a very talented team at the moment but I still think JET has place.

Archived