IGNORED

The Invincibles @ 14 - A Record Smashed

havanatopia

CONGRATS CITY - ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS MY BABBERS. WELL DONE. NOW KNUCKLE DOWN AND KEEP IT GOING.

Keep the title.. just increase the number if we continue to remain unbeaten. This is a moment to celebrate. I am sure some stat bod can give us the stats for that season what was it 60 years ago?.. so what match stands out for you guys this season.. in order of our superiority and where do we need to improve? Our defence needs a little tinkering me thinks without wishing to take anything away from the team and management.

I was a bit gutted with a draw against Bradford tonight even though it increased our lead at the top but then I remembered that around this time last year we lost at home to Brentford and we had O'Driscoll bouncing around like a pilled up weirdo behind the scenes. It reminds me how ******* brilliant this season has been so far. Well done to all involved, long may it continue.

Very proud of this club and its supporters.

Our defence does not need tinkering. Only thing we were missing was smith to cover from midfield and provide the drive. Pack, although good, doesn't offer the same thing. Smith would have given is an impetus to push forward and score more

Let us hope that is all it is.. I heard a few stray balls from Pack and cannot recall Smith doing that much, if at all, well let us say somewhat less to be fair to both players. Is it likely Smith will be back to make it 15 this coming saturday? 

Let us hope that is all it is.. I heard a few stray balls from Pack and cannot recall Smith doing that much, if at all, well let us say somewhat less to be fair to both players. Is it likely Smith will be back to make it 15 this coming saturday?

Smith does not have the passing ability of Pack,

It's a great position to be in, having 2 decent players really fighting for 1 spot.

I'm glad the record has been broken and whatever happens now will be a bonus, or not. What will be will be.

I think it will be relief all around that we didn't fail in that achievement last night, but I do feel it was perhaps making us a bit nervy. Hopefully now that that hurdle has been crossed we will settle a bit.

I was a bit gutted with a draw against Bradford tonight even though it increased our lead at the top but then I remembered that around this time last year we lost at home to Brentford and we had O'Driscoll bouncing around like a pilled up weirdo behind the scenes. It reminds me how ******* brilliant this season has been so far. Well done to all involved, long may it continue.

Very proud of this club and its supporters.

Brilliant!

Great achievement.

With regard to the defence, we are always going to concede goals being set up as we are - its a bit gung ho but seems to be working. Maybe a bit too gung ho at times and thats where a bit of experience comes in. When we are one up, we need to consolidate for a time rather than go all out for a second or sit back on the lead. That'll come with experience as the season goes on hopefully.

I accept the gung ho theory, but the worrying fact from last night is that both Bradfords equalisers came from set pieces.

I accept the gung ho theory, but the worrying fact from last night is that both Bradfords equalisers came from set pieces.

As Nibor pointed out in another thread, we are not losing leads because of a 'gung-ho' approach - almost the reverse. The corner that Bradford got to level it a 2-2 was only conceded 'cos Williams (who generally played well), suddenly decided to stop mid stride and pass back and sidewards instead of forward like he had been doing most of the match. I'm convinced if it had still been 1-1 he would have delivered another cross field diagonal ball in the direction of Wilbs, but 'cos we had gone 2-1 up he thought I'll play safe, went backwards we got into trouble with Bradford pushing on to us, conceded the corner and there you go. Different players, not all defenders, have made similar poor decisions when we have been leading late on. Inevitably trying to play safe, has invited pressure and gone against us. If the ball had been hit forward, we might have lost possession but that would have been on the edge of their own box, not on the edge of ours forcing us to concede a corner.

CONGRATS CITY - ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS MY BABBERS. WELL DONE. NOW KNUCKLE DOWN AND KEEP IT GOING.

Keep the title.. just increase the number if we continue to remain unbeaten. This is a moment to celebrate. I am sure some stat bod can give us the stats for that season what was it 60 years ago?.. so what match stands out for you guys this season.. in order of our superiority and where do we need to improve? Our defence needs a little tinkering me thinks without wishing to take anything away from the team and management.

An excellent post, recording for posterity (or as long as this intermenetthing lasts) the sentiments of City fans. Congrats seconded (thirded?). And a wee bit of tightening up collectively at the back is, indeed, in order. Funny, individually players aren't particularly at fault, yet we look like conceding every/most games since Fleetwood. Knuckling down sounds like a good way forward - plenty of hard work on the training pitch. C'MON!!