IGNORED

The Matchday Exprrience

Aizoon

There's been a few changes since I last went down there (Dec 2013), most of them positive. The open DEH/Dolman Stand area is brilliant* , particularly for those arriving by Abus with 3/4 hour to kill.

My pasty was edible, for a wonder! Not great, but I've eaten a hell of a lot worse. Thatch Dry is, of course, beyond criticism. Expensive but not expensive crap. I'll pas on the chips next time, though.

Security staff were helpful and one even smiled at Horace :D

Even disregarding the improved level of football, an altogether more pleasant experience than last year. It bodes well for the redeveloped stadium.

* Of course it's a good idea. I suggested it on OTIB last year ;)

No, because not all SC members sit in the Dolman.

Oh right, it's just that I noticed they came out of the SC and pushed straight into the front of the queue and the steward did nothing to stop it.

Probably not an issue on a Saturday when the queues aren't that great, but because of the difficulty of getting anywhere in Bristol at that time of the evening the queues are pretty long, so this sort of behaviour is somewhat rude and irritating to say the least.

• Admin

There's been a few changes since I last went down there (Dec 2013), most of them positive. The open DEH/Dolman Stand area is brilliant* , particularly for those arriving by Abus with 3/4 hour to kill.

My pasty was edible, for a wonder! Not great, but I've eaten a hell of a lot worse. Thatch Dry is, of course, beyond criticism. Expensive but not expensive crap. I'll pas on the chips next time, though.

Security staff were helpful and one even smiled at Horace :D

Even disregarding the improved level of football, an altogether more pleasant experience than last year. It bodes well for the redeveloped stadium.

* Of course it's a good idea. I suggested it on OTIB last year ;)

I'm amazed that you don't go more often. For someone so active on here

By the way, I am aware that these improvements are down to Dave L's liaison between fans and club, for which I am grateful. Just because some of us keep pushing, it doesn't mean we're not grateful.

I enjoyed the whole thing last night, for the first time in a long time. If the same can be done for the other two stands, I'll be even happier.

the draconion rules inposed by the govenment on football and football fans is stopping it

I take your point. Surely, though, if there can be a bar in the Dolman area, something can be done in the other two. Isn't licensing in the hands of BCC?

I take your point. Surely, though, if there can be a bar in the Dolman area, something can be done in the other two. Isn't licensing in the hands of BCC?

space

there just isn't the space at the moment which is half the reason we are rebuilding ashton gate,

Take the legends bar in the williams it can hold 60 people thats only 60 out of a stand that can hold 5.5k where as the dolman hall can hold about 1200,

space

there just isn't the space at the moment which is half the reason we are rebuilding ashton gate,

Take the legends bar in the williams it can hold 60 people thats only 60 out of a stand that can hold 5.5k where as the dolman hall can hold about 1200,

Marquee in the car park? I guess that would cause licensing problems.

Archived