IGNORED

Tonight's Game

fabio

Thought we were port tonight however Bradford made it very difficult for us, maybe it's just the expectations we have now which is a good thing. Interested to here people thoughts on the performance of individual players.

I felt wade looked tired tonight didn't seem himself

Bryan didn't really get started

Couldn't understand why jet came on for agard, thought he would be better coming on for either of the two above.

Glad he came on with more than five mins to play though

Thought we were port tonight however Bradford made it very difficult for us, maybe it's just the expectations we have now which is a good thing. Interested to here people thoughts on the performance of individual players.

Couldn't understand why jet came on for agard, thought he would be better coming on for either of the two above.

Can i say that JET was shocking or is that not allowed on here?

Too many not on it tonight and frustrating that we need to score three to win a game. What on earth is up with Mark Little as dreadful last few weeks and positionally shocking.

On a positive thought Pack was outstanding and Elliott was a real driving force and Flint was as normal very good.

Shows how far we've come and can hardly be disappointed with 14 games unbeaten.

Too many not on it tonight and frustrating that we need to score three to win a game. What on earth is up with Mark Little as dreadful last few weeks and positionally shocking.

On a positive thought Pack was outstanding and Elliott was a real driving force and Flint was as normal very good.

Shows how far we've come and can hardly be disappointed with 14 games unbeaten.

I mentioned on the other thread that Little and Bryan were poor tonight.

Personally thought we played ok. Bradford set up to make it difficult for us and it was.

I have only been to the last 2 games but think all in all we have a very good side which will be contending hopefully for the top 3 spots come the end of the season. Top 6 for sure.

I like ayling and freeman a lot and think they will only get better as the season goes on. Flint was a rock at centre back tonight.

A slight hiccup tonight but hopefully we can make up for it with 3 points on Saturday.

First half was very flat, including us fans. Very poor atmosphere.

Thought we completely controlled 2nd half and deserved the win.

Fortunate 2nd for them with it dropping to the guy in the box but as SC said i think we let them off with a very average first half.

Ref was iffy, lino in front of the Dolman was slightly visually impaired too i reckon, although thats a game we shouldve won.

I think an away game will suit as Saturday though.

Can i be really controversial though and say i think we need another striker?! Think Wilbs is struggling now. Hes not getting into scoring positions a great deal and could be due a rest?

And as for JET - inconspicuous really. I think he may be the only squad player who doesnt seem to look like he wants a starting place when he does play ( i.e Pack was very good tonight, showing he wants his place ).

Wasn't there tonight but I think he's looked tired for a while, still class at times but does t seem to be as effective as earlier in the season, of course this is based on previous games.

Thought we were poor tonight and that we made Bradford look a hell of a lot better than they are.

A game of squandered chances, which we should have made more of in the first half especially.

Strange substitution, Wilbs was non-existant in the second half and thought he'd be making way.

Too many people not on it as someone else said.

Defensive frailty still apparent - 2 goals conceded in each of the last 3 home games, and disappointing to throw away another winning position.

HOWEVER, having said all that we're top of the league and unbeaten in 12 years or whatever it is, so on to the next and long may it continue :clapping:

Freeman was getting attacked constantly but he managed to get away several times with some brilliant touches. So near to scoring as well. Marlon did really well, as did Wade. Joe wasn't really with it tonight. 

We definitely had the better chances but unfortunately we weren't able to score

And WTF was that free kick near the end all about?!

It really winds me up that we do these bloody short corners and stupid free kicks.

We have one of the best delivers of a dead-ball we've had in a number of years - get the corners in the bloody box and have a shot when we get a free kick within range!!

Regarding the usual JET debate. He's not cut out for it. We all expect the unexpected from him and hope something will happen. 90% of the time, nothing does happen. As for a previous post above, bringing in an extra striker is not a bad option so we can rest Wilbs. JET is not the answer as a replacement in the starting line-up in my opinion, if Wilbs is not chosen or gets injured. 

You can see why it must be a nightmare playing against us.  Defenders first have to contend with Wilbs and Agard, then attacking midfielders in Wade and Freeman. Both wingbacks bombing on plus our wide centre backs driving into midfield and breaking into the box.

Even when we do have a bit of a blip ,we are capable of going on another run like we are now.

We have to get better at staying ahead,when we went 2-1 win 6 mins to play we had to just keep the ball,kill the game and take out time but instead we push on to score another goal!!yes it's exciting but it will cost us games.

Anything can happen in any one game, but if I have counted them right, I think we have conceded 5 equalisers in the last three home games. That starts to sound like a trend that needs addressing. Might also be a case of teams showing us to much respect, and only having a go when behind!

Sounds like a few players were off their game tonight, so a draw in those circumstances is not to be sniffed at. Cannot win them all, so on to the next one.

We have to get better at staying ahead,when we went 2-1 win 6 mins to play we had to just keep the ball,kill the game and take out time but instead we push on to score another goal!!yes it's exciting but it will cost us games.

100% agree.

MK Dons, Chesterfield and now Bradford - winning positions surrendered, plus Fleetwood away. OK (and full credit here) we went on to win 2 of the 3 but if we're serious about winning this league and getting promoted, we need to get better at seeing out a game when we're winning it.

Of course I'm happy we're still unbeaten - but that doesn't mean we can't improve. We were in control of the game and should have seen it out.

100% agree.

MK Dons, Chesterfield and now Bradford - winning positions surrendered, plus Fleetwood away. OK (and full credit here) we went on to win 2 of the 3 but if we're serious about winning this league and getting promoted, we need to get better at seeing out a game when we're winning it.

Of course I'm happy we're still unbeaten - but that doesn't mean we can't improve. We were in control of the game and should have seen it out.

Plus Walsall. 

I thought Elliott was good tonight, Marlon Pack was out best player his best game for us to date by a country mile. Bryan and little were both poor by their high standards, Bryan has been for 3-4 games now. Not convinced by Aagard not knocking him just think I expected more. ayling has been a superb signing also brings the ball out so so well.

100% agree.

All that is true. Equally, there is no game this season we have not been ahead at some stage in, so if we were excellent at it we would have a 100% record, which might be a tad unrealistic.

Today we got caught when ahead twice from set pieces, so it was hardly on the break when we were pushing for a third. It is an odd one, and not quite sure what to make of it. Everyone talks about us going through the gears at some stage. Possibly we have been playing at our peak.

Either way, would feel more comfortable after a couple of nice 2-0s, controlling the game.

Oh yeh the performances of late have been good and SC always wants to attack,I just think longer term we have to improve our Game Management.

I will say I thought both wing backs were poor tonight,Wilbs didn't have his best game and I thought both pack and flint were outstanding,finally Freeman loves a step over!!!

Archived