IGNORED

Tonight's Game

fabio

Thought we were always in control of the game, Bradford were happy to sit and defend in numbers and came for the point they got. Two lapses in concentration cost us a win, but Bradford were never going to get any more than a point tonight.

We'll see more of these kind of opposition at the gate, I fancy we'll do most of our damage away from home this season.

As has been said elsewhere Bryan and Little were ineffective tonight, although you do have to credit Bradford for always being able to double-up on them. Wade was not at the top of his game either in terms of his passing, all too often his final pass in attack just wasn't good enough. Add to that Agard didn't look fully fit, he certainly should have scored twice in the first half.

Flint immense well deserved MoM, Pack had very good game too.

Just frustrating that we could not be more professional in keeping the ball and seeing out the game, after going 2-1 up so late on.

Still that's the new unbeaten record at the start of a season in the bag and we are still top of the league!

I thought there were a few tired legs out there tonight - possibly due to the heavy pitch at Coventry.

Not our best performance this season - by a long way, but a credible draw against a well organised Bradford side.

Posh lost, so now six points clear and unbeaten so far this season - what's not to like !

Can i say that JET was shocking or is that not allowed on here?

You can say it, and you are right. He's only had a few minutes on the pitch in previous games but tonight he had approx 20. I though he'd use this extra time to demonstrate some of his skills and affect the game. Unfortunately all I think he did was convince Cotts that he has no future at the club.

We have to get better at staying ahead,when we went 2-1 win 6 mins to play we had to just keep the ball,kill the game and take out time but instead we push on to score another goal!!yes it's exciting but it will cost us games.

Watch the 90 seconds preceding their second goal again and you'll see it's quite the reverse.  We conceded the corner from a passage of play where Williams (who was otherwise excellent) literally turned around mid stride under no pressure trying to do exactly what you are advocating and made a poor pass backwards.  Then we panicked some passes along the back line as they pressed forwards and we lost possession resulting in the corner.

If Williams had made the same decision he would have in the previous 85 minutes it wouldn't have happened.  This is not a league to sit back and protect a lead and it never has been.

I don't think we played any worse or any better than we have for a few games now.

If we had won 3-2 everyone would be seeing it different.

Bradford did their work on Little and were quiet effective in certain areas.

Bryan was off his game...Cotts was having a right go at him all game about his positioning.

Thought a draw was a fair result.

Ref was a bit of a nightmare.

We lost our shape a little when JET came on for Agard...we seemed to lose options to pass to and interlink play.

Thought Ayling, Pack and Freeman were linking well, as to was Elliott.

Agard and Wilbs looked a little jaded.

Can i say that JET was shocking or is that not allowed on here?

It's allowed, but questionable as to what made him so "shocking". He helped move the ball well into dangerous areas and dragged their midfield out of shape when we pressed towards their box. He was very much as effective off the ball as he was on the ball.

First home game in a while for various reasons and was a very different city from the drab I've seen the past 3 or 4 seasons.

Positive from the off and seemed our tactic is attack as we are pretty soft in defence. Pack stood out for me, flint and Williams were good too. Elliot was poor, Bryan tired and little had lack of support at times.

Bradford came to frustrate and did their job.

All in all if that was us having an off day then we've not got a bad team.

All that is true. Equally, there is no game this season we have not been ahead at some stage in, so if we were excellent at it we would have a 100% record, which might be a tad unrealistic.

Today we got caught when ahead twice from set pieces, so it was hardly on the break when we were pushing for a third. It is an odd one, and not quite sure what to make of it. Everyone talks about us going through the gears at some stage. Possibly we have been playing at our peak.

Either way, would feel more comfortable after a couple of nice 2-0s, controlling the game.

Home to Leyton Orient?

100% agree.

MK Dons, Chesterfield and now Bradford - winning positions surrendered, plus Fleetwood away. OK (and full credit here) we went on to win 2 of the 3 but if we're serious about winning this league and getting promoted, we need to get better at seeing out a game when we're winning it.

Of course I'm happy we're still unbeaten - but that doesn't mean we can't improve. We were in control of the game and should have seen it out.

Teams who finish in the top two surely see out more games than they don't. At the moment we're touch and go as to whether we'll hold on to a lead. Young team, maybe, but the manager (not saying it's his fault entirely) can influence a 2-1 position from the tech area on 82 mins to instruct get the ball in the opp half and into the corners as much as poss. Thought we dropped 2 pts last night - http://thenatchwall.wordpress.com/ - but it's difficult to say we should be winning every game or that W10 D4 L0 would be a fair or true reflection of how we've played overall since Aug.

And as for the points about Wilbs, indeed, his return is diminishing at the mo. Unsurprising given the amount of game time and heroic running he's done at his age. I fear Cotts may, like his substitutions (last night notwithstanding), wait until the last min to get a third striker in (not sure we can count either Wes, a winger, or JET, an enigmer [natch] as strikers, not in the Wilbs/Agard mould, anyhoo). We absolutely need an alternative striker, out-and-out striker, if nothing else just to keep the others on their toes.

Saying all that, so proud of the team to set a club record. Congratulations, boys.

It's allowed, but questionable as to what made him so "shocking". He helped move the ball well into dangerous areas and dragged their midfield out of shape when we pressed towards their box. He was very much as effective off the ball as he was on the ball.

Can,t agree more OBJ.

Archived