IGNORED

Waggers & Burns

Kingswoodactor

I think Wilbraham was left on purely for his physical presence, and Jet was added for the same reason. They had some big players who were using their strength to batter us. I would have liked to have seen Wes or Waggy introduced as their speed would have been useful but as all Bradford wanted to to was defend in numbers and hit us on the break I can see why Wilbraham was left on. He did look shattered though as did Freeman and a few others.

Both should have come on tonight to re-energise the midfield/attack

Reckon Waggers confidence would have been right up having scored at the weekend too, and Burn's pace would have stretched the Bradford defence allowing more room for someone like JET/Freeman to then find the gaps.

No offence, but I hate posts like this. If people are going to insist that certain players should have come on, then at least have the gumption to also suggest who should have been taken off and why..?

No offence, but I hate posts like this. If people are going to insist that certain players should have come on, then at least have the gumption to also suggest who should have been taken off and why..?

i think you'll find that Kingswood Actor was watching the match on his radio which as we all know from the expert commentary is far more incisive than being at the game and seeing what is going on. Perhaps SC should stay at home too and make subs based on what he hears.

Don't cry. Burns should have come on for Wilbs & Waggers for Little. Wilbs was done in and little didn't really enjoy his best game now did he?

i think you'll find that Kingswood Actor was watching the match on his radio which as we all know from the expert commentary is far more incisive than being at the game and seeing what is going on. Perhaps SC should stay at home too and make subs based on what he hears.

Wow. I obviously wasn't there then.

Recently SC has been criticised for attempting to defend leads in games by using substitutions to bolster the defence at the expense of attack. This has been criticised as being negative and that we should keep going at teams in these circumstances.

I feel last night, after taking the lead so late in the game, this would have been the time to have tried to close the game out by adding to the midfield. Adding to the back three, to make it a four, I feel would have meant defending to far back and inviting the opposition to come onto us.

Wagstaffe for Wibs and pushing JET up a bit would have been my choice. But hey I'm not the manager only a keen observer and dedicated fan.

Recently SC has been criticised for attempting to defend leads in games by using substitutions to bolster the defence at the expense of attack. This has been criticised as being negative and that we should keep going at teams in these circumstances.

I feel last night, after taking the lead so late in the game, this would have been the time to have tried to close the game out by adding to the midfield. Adding to the back three, to make it a four, I feel would have meant defending to far back and inviting the opposition to come onto us.

Wagstaffe for Wibs and pushing JET up a bit would have been my choice. But hey I'm not the manager only a keen observer and dedicated fan.

Osborne was warming up but without a Pack/Smith kind of player on the bench I don't think there was anything he could have done. Changing shape so late on would have meant playing players out of position and adjusting to something new... It's not as though Bradford were peppering us.

FML. A person obviously cannot arrive to a match after kick off. If you read the majority of my posts from the game, it's quite effing clear that I was there.

Can I play Dr Watson?.....

So, he sits in the Dolman.

FML. A person obviously cannot arrive to a match after kick off. If you read the majority of my posts from the game, it's quite effing clear that I was there.

Errr- sorry but you posted the " sounds like" comment at half time and your other comments were similar to those listening to the radio. Personally I go to a match to watch the game not to post on a forum. Those kind folk who do usually give a useful fan's update on what's going on in the ( away) ground.

There's no shame in not going to a match for whatever reason but plenty to pretend you were there when clearly you weren't and then to say SC got his subs wrong having not been there.

Errr- sorry but you posted the " sounds like" comment at half time and your other comments were similar to those listening to the radio. Personally I go to a match to watch the game not to post on a forum. Those kind folk who do usually give a useful fan's update on what's going on in the ( away) ground.

There's no shame in not going to a match for whatever reason but plenty to pretend you were there when clearly you weren't and then to say SC got his subs wrong having not been there.

Correct. Which was when I first looked at the forum and posted as to what I'd already read on previous posts. This is a boring witch hunt now and the fact still remains that my original post on this thread makes perfect sense, like having pace up top in the form of Burns when I could quite clearly see Wilbs blowing out of his a** 

I'm entitled to give me view on the game (well 2nd half anyway)  But yes you're right about posting on the forum during a game, I need to stop doing it, but only really do when I'm at a game by myself. 

Correct. Which was when I first looked at the forum and posted as to what I'd already read on previous posts. This is a boring witch hunt now and the fact still remains that my original post on this thread makes perfect sense, like having pace up top in the form of Burns when I could quite clearly see Wilbs blowing out of his a** 

I'm entitled to give me view on the game (well 2nd half anyway)  But yes you're right about posting on the forum during a game, I need to stop doing it, but only really do when I'm at a game by myself.

Zzzzzzzzz

Osborne was warming up but without a Pack/Smith kind of player on the bench I don't think there was anything he could have done. Changing shape so late on would have meant playing players out of position and adjusting to something new... It's not as though Bradford were peppering us.

You suggest that we did not have a Pack/Smith kind of player on the bench but surely Wagstaffe is as close as you get, and quite an athlete, to bring on at this stage in a reinforced midfield. Had Osbourne come on he would have probably went into a back four and I feel that would have changed the shape of the team more dramatically than an additional protective midfielder up the pitch more. As we have been playing three across the back for some time this could have thrown the whole back line of defence out and the understanding they have built up.

You suggest that we did not have a Pack/Smith kind of player on the bench but surely Wagstaffe is as close as you get, and quite an athlete, to bring on at this stage in a reinforced midfield. Had Osbourne come on he would have probably went into a back four and I feel that would have changed the shape of the team more dramatically than an additional protective midfielder up the pitch more. As we have been playing three across the back for some time this could have thrown the whole back line of defence out and the understanding they have built up.

I wouldn't put Pack or Smith anywhere near Wagstaff in playing style, no.

Won't be long before he gets a mention in "fans who need a rest" thread.

Why? He had one Tuesday when he was at home relaxing and listening on the radio. If he's tired he's a bigger blagger than Raheem Sterling.

Archived