IGNORED

Ronaldo Or Messi

Super

At his best no one ever has been as good as Messi.

The last 2-3 years though Ronaldo has been slightly better and more effective I have also no doubt if put in any position bar goalkeeper that Ronaldo would do a job, whereas Messi would only be good in attack.

Ronaldo has done it at 3 clubs, winning Champions League title for 2.

What I would say though is Messi delivers on the big occasions barring the World Cup final, even the finals Ronaldo has won he has often gone missing during the game.

Then you could say Messi has had 2 of the greatest midfielders in this generation playing with him in Iniesta and Xavi to provide extra supply of goals and assists.

Messi for me. On his day he is unplayable.

Not at his best in the World Cup but still got his team to the final.

Ronaldo couldn't get his team out of the group.

He single handedly got them there though, Messi plays with far superior players for Argentina than Ronaldo does with portugal

Messi quite some distance in front, for me. People seem to have written him off because of last season, even though he still grabbed 40 goals in a poor Barcelona team (by their standards) and looked to have never quite recovered from that injury. Credit to Ronaldo, he's really upped his game the past one-and-a-bit seasons but Messi is still by far the better player and, in my opinion, one you'd prefer to play alongside in a team. He's just the perfect type of attacking player and has little faults - definitely the greatest footballer I've seen play.

I have always preferred Messi,

to me, Ronaldo is a better athlete, and stronger in the air, and is a hell of a player, but like someone said, Ronaldo is like a machine, and messi has more grace.

Thinking about it, that kind of sums up their clubs as well, Real are more like a machine, bigger and faster while barca are always known for their own sense of style. The players are the epitome of their clubs.

I have always preferred Messi,

to me, Ronaldo is a better athlete, and stronger in the air, and is a hell of a player, but like someone said, Ronaldo is like a machine, and messi has more grace.

Thinking about it, that kind of sums up their clubs as well, Real are more like a machine, bigger and faster while barca are always known for their own sense of style. The players are the epitome of their clubs.

Barca, style, grace, pah don't make me laugh. The club very stylistically flounced transfer bans, and they have the grace and style of the Cannibal up top; to go along side a tax cheat.

Sorry, I absolutely detest Barcelona and everything about them. The way they are spoken about is nauseating in the extreme, perhaps only rivalled by the Liverpool love in which had me turning off many live games last year - except for Palace v Liverpool; I bloody loved that game.

Barca, style, grace, pah don't make me laugh. The club very stylistically flounced transfer bans, and they have the grace and style of the Cannibal up top; to go along side a tax cheat.

Sorry, I absolutely detest Barcelona and everything about them. The way they are spoken about is nauseating in the extreme, perhaps only rivalled by the Liverpool love in which had me turning off many live games last year - except for Palace v Liverpool; I bloody loved that game.

I thought I was the only person to think this.  :clapping:

Ronaldo, by some distance right now

Messi has all the tricks, but I find the whole tika taka thing boring to watch. Ronaldo is a machine, never had this hatred for all things United, so enjoyed watching him there too

As Sodbury has said above, the whole Barcelona thing bores me

I agree, I do dislike both Real Madrid and Barcelona but if I were to pick one it would always be Madrid.

Absolutely hated tika-taka and like you state the love-in for them

Ronaldo. Messi excels in a team built around him, in a league where there's no tackling would love to see how he'd cope at Stoke on a Monday night game in December. Ronaldo has and then gone on to show how easy La Liga is despite the team not being built around him. 

They both dive but I cant remember Ronaldo publicly refusing to be subbed like Messi.

Not that old chestnut again. He'd make clowns of the Stoke defence, whatever night of the week.

Not that old chestnut again. He'd make clowns of the Stoke defence, whatever night of the week.

He certainly has the ability to, and i fully expect that he would, but it's a different test for him and not one I have seen him come up against and deal with. I've seen Ronaldo do it though.

This goes through the heart when you are Ronaldo and have done it in Portugal, Spain, England and Internationally (albeit fleetingly arguably) you have to give more credit than Messi who has done it for Barca (with the two best attack minded midfielders in the world behind him in Xavi and Iniesta) and internationally with one of the stronger national teams.

I haven't put fleetingly with Messi internationally like I did with Ronaldo as I do know his goalscoring record, but I do think like Ronaldo you could argue he hasn't turned out world class performances internationally consistently enough as you would expect him to. I write this knowing that he won the golden ball, but that was as ridiculous as giving the world cup to Qatar IMO.

At his best no one ever has been as good as Messi.

The last 2-3 years though Ronaldo has been slightly better and more effective I have also no doubt if put in any position bar goalkeeper that Ronaldo would do a job, whereas Messi would only be good in attack.

Ronaldo has done it at 3 clubs, winning Champions League title for 2.

What I would say though is Messi delivers on the big occasions barring the World Cup final, even the finals Ronaldo has won he has often gone missing during the game.

Then you could say Messi has had 2 of the greatest midfielders in this generation playing with him in Iniesta and Xavi to provide extra supply of goals and assists.

The thing is,Xavi and Iniesta both came through the youth ranks at Barca,as did Messi.

Real Madrid have thrown hundreds of millions on buying in the finished product.

I know which club has got the better deal!

Yeah I much prefer to watch stoke than that rubbish tikka taka. They also have built probably the best known football stadium in Europe, and have arguably the best youth set up in the world, as well as 3 of the top 5 or 6 forwards in the world, and one of the best midfield partnerships the world has ever seen.

Oh well different strokes for different folks.

Absolutely spot on sir. Couldn't have put it better myself

Yeah I much prefer to watch stoke than that rubbish tikka taka. They also have built probably the best known football stadium in Europe, and have arguably the best youth set up in the world, as well as 3 of the top 5 or 6 forwards in the world, and one of the best midfield partnerships the world has ever seen.

Oh well different strokes for different folks.

Watch stoke or tika takka?

Actually stoke don't play too bad a game under Hughes, but anyway yes I would. I find no enjoyment in 800 passes per game, of which between 100-200 are for a purpose and forward as opposed to a pass for the sake of passing. The principles are to tire opponents or to break their concentration - lull them to sleep as it's damn boring.

Give me the German, power, pace, force game any day of any week. Dortmund, a great watch. Barcelona, wake me up when the highlights are on, because most of the game is filler.

Best known stadium. Yes. Well done to them. Doesn't make me like the club.

And the academy. Hmmm. Ok it produces, sure, but hmmm, weren't they supposed to get a transfer ban BECAUSE how they run their academy contrary to rules and cheating? Yes, they were.

3 of the top 5 forwards, they do. They also have a tax cheat (supposidely) and a cannibalistic rascist too.

Xavi and Iniesta, well yeah they are just sublime. Modric and Alonso weren't a bad watch either mind.

Barcelona, held out as the ethical club but there is bollox all substance to it. I might not hate them as much if I didn't have it rammed down my throat that I must love them as a purist, but the sheer hypocrisy is nuts. And yes, I'm sorry but tika tikka is dull as dishwater in my opinion.

The thing is,Xavi and Iniesta both came through the youth ranks at Barca,as did Messi.

Real Madrid have thrown hundreds of millions on buying in the finished product.

I know which club has got the better deal!

Barcelona Spent 157 million euros this summer

Real Spent 136 million euros

Not too far apart except Real sold 126 million euros so only spent 10 million, whereas Barcelona only sold 94 million so really spent 63 million. Thats 6 times more than Real.

Barcelona Spent 157 million euros this summer

Real Spent 136 million euros

Not too far apart except Real sold 126 million euros so only spent 10 million, whereas Barcelona only sold 94 million so really spent 63 million. Thats 6 times more than Real.

Real Madrid also spent 142 million 'pounds' last season,Barcelona spent zilch.

The only reason Barcelona spent money this summer,was A, because several players were out of contract and moving on,so needed replacing.

B, they have a transfer ban now until Jan 16.

Why have they got a transfer ban.

This is the reason,and it's crazy.

Under-18s can move to a club in a different country if their parents move there for non-footballing reasons, if they are from another nation within the European Union or European Economic Area and aged between 16 and 18, or if they live within 100km of the club.

It turns out that if you sign someone under 18 from another country,the players parents must have moved to that country for reasons other than Football.

There must be a few English clubs sweating now!!

Real Madrid also spent 142 million 'pounds' last season,Barcelona spent zilch.

The only reason Barcelona spent money this summer,was A, because several players were out of contract and moving on,so needed replacing.

B, they have a transfer ban now until Jan 16.

Why have they got a transfer ban.

This is the reason,and it's crazy.

Under-18s can move to a club in a different country if their parents move there for non-footballing reasons, if they are from another nation within the European Union or European Economic Area and aged between 16 and 18, or if they live within 100km of the club.

It turns out that if you sign someone under 18 from another country,the players parents must have moved to that country for reasons other than Football.

There must be a few English clubs sweating now!!

Barcelona bought Neymar for $$$ last season. 

In terms of players bought and sold, Real Madrid spent less than 1 million more than barcelona. Yes they bought bale but they sold Ozil and Higuin to compensate.

The idea that Barcelona don't spend money is complete rubbish. 

Barcelona bought Neymar for $$$ last season.

In terms of players bought and sold, Real Madrid spent less than 1 million more than barcelona. Yes they bought bale but they sold Ozil and Higuin to compensate.

The idea that Barcelona don't spend money is complete rubbish.

No one has said that Barcelona don't spend money,but RM spend a very lot more.

RM are now $600 million in debt!

All these players you say that they have sold have to be bought in the first place!

Whereas Barcelona are renowned all over the World for bringing through players from their academy.

They have had up to 13 academy products in there 18 man match day squad this season,I doubt that any other club in the world could boast that.

I will give you Neymar though ;)

No one has said that Barcelona don't spend money,but RM spend a very lot more.

RM are now $600 million in debt!

All these players you say that they have sold have to be bought in the first place!

Whereas Barcelona are renowned all over the World for bringing through players from their academy.

They have had up to 13 academy products in there 18 man match day squad this season,I doubt that any other club in the world could boast that.

I will give you Neymar though ;)

Bill, Bill, Bill, Barca will claim they 'brought Messi through' despite him being an Argentine, child, immigrant and the club finding his old man a job to justify Basque citizenship for the family . That's why they're in the shit re transfer embargo etc.

As for the debate; I think Messi is the more naturally talented footballer where as Ronaldo is the more reliant on pace and power. Therefore, as a footballer I prefer the little wizard.

Messi is also less of a nause (although that isn't a difficult achievement).

Archived