IGNORED

All In The Game 76-77

T R

I remember being in the enclosure and having to cheers on cue so it seemed like a new episode had started. I think it was half hour programs and they filmed 4 at a time (could be wrong). Don't remember much else about the day  ,an 'it's a knockout' type of feel to it but all football related games.

Thanks for all your replies. Did the prize money go to the club or did it go to charity?

I supposed staging something like this today would cost quite a lot of money. I've already thought of

one new event they could stage: The best diving competition... some would pass with flying colours!

Perhaps a small event at half time with reserves and fans taking part?

Thanks for all your replies. Did the prize money go to the club or did it go to charity?I supposed staging something like this today would cost quite a lot of money. I've already thought ofone new event they could stage: The best diving competition... some would pass with flying colours!Perhaps a small event at half time with reserves and fans taking part?

You'dhave to include a cooking/baking section too, its kinda the TV law of the 21 century... Bit of dancing, or singing for a panel of judges should also go down well.

I remember being in the Grandstand and City getting knocked out fairly early. We all wanted to leave but we were basically locked in and Dickie Davies asking us all to cheer (on cue) for the other teams still participating.

Think I'm right in saying it was filmed on Sundays..... Remember spending several boring hours watching what seemed disorganised random bit n bobs from the grandstand enclosure...

Wasn't that gripping even when stitched together for the broadcast TV show, but quite a transformation from witnessing the recording of it live!

Good concept from AD, just poorly done, on a shoestring budget..I imagine.

They got a fair few 'stars' of the day involved though.

Memories eh? Where did all the years go? ......... And we're still waiting for a decent pie to be dished up in the stadium ..... Ask Bantam 10, I bet Bradfords pies have been decent since around 1996 . :)

I remember Dickie Davies changed his suit at the end of each game to film the next match. As each match appeared weekly on ITV. Thus he didn't want viewers thinking 'Jeez, he was wearing the same clothes last week and the week before that etc'. However, I would imagine they thought we were in a poverty zone in Bristol as all the fans were wearing exactly the same week after week and standing in the same places.

This drew a good crowd of about 8,000 - all in the Grandstand/Enclosure - mostly because it took place in the close season between City going up to Div.1 and the first match at Arsenal.

The competition itself was very drawn out and fairly tedious, and the weekend is only really memorable for a mass brawl taking place in front of the TV cameras behind Dickie Davies as he smilingly continued to introduce the next action, apparently oblivious to the violent melee in the swaying crowd and the punches and kicks flying around just a few yards behind him.

The police eventually dragged out and arrested 9 fans, so the EP reported, and the unexpected prolonged fracas was put down to a group of drunken Rovers hooligans who deliberately infiltrated what was a packed crowd on a hot day, inevitably leading to trouble.

Archived